Florimel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well using the console the game didn't blow up or anything. :unsure:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1802/partym.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7092/party2o.jpg

Somehow I ended up with two Lelianas, I shudder to think what a mess it would make as the game went on. :D

Unfortunately, the game doesn't increase the size of the party towards the endgame - btw, there was a mod that allowed you to have all the NWN2 companions with you at the same time - it was a lot of fun to go through the game and know that you're not missing anything. As for the console command - aren't they blank slate characters, i.e. as if you just recruited them? and their inventory doesn't carry over either. I haven't done this myself, but apparently it's all fun and games until you go to your camp and then your are unable to move the plot forward because you're only supposed to be one character (don't know if this is true, I was afraid to mess up my save game and didn't try it).

I'm delighted to see that others also think this is a good idea. I wish I knew how to do it, but I don't.

Clearly it seems possible because there is a console command that allows you to add party members. I don't like it or use it because you cannot see their portraits and it just isn't immersive although I understand they can fight for the group.

I would disagree that it unbalances the game in favor of the player for two reasons. 1) The game is unbalanced against the player for a lot of us, and 2) An individual player can choose to not have more than four in his/her party. Since it is a single party rpg, I favor personal choice on that issue.

My real hope is that Bioware might honor these requests and patch it to allow for additional party members, but if they don't I'm still hoping for a mod. I know it will not be an easy programming task, but after what I saw in Oblivion mods, I'm sure the talent is here to accomplish it. :yes:

Some things i noticed messing around with 5 characters:

Some fights, the 5th character will spawn outside the battle area. If they're an archer rogue or a mage they can still be effective, but melee would be screwed. Examples of this: the boss fight at the top of the mage tower, the Zevran Ambush, the Witherfang Fight. In the Witherfang fight, my rogue was able to unlock the door that separated her from the rest of the group, which was cool.

The 5th character doesn't follow the rest of the group as closely and tends to lag back for some reason. This may be the reason for the 'battle lockout' issue.

In the Fade boss fight, the 5th character wouldn't appear at all.

Giving yourself party members through the console doesn't really work that well for anyone other then the Dog. They can't use any special abilities, they have no banters, and they have no dialogue interaction.

The only thing they have is in-game events. such as the dog finding that kid in the Denerim market, and the alter in the house in Haven.

I would adore anyone who could increase the party size to 6 or even 5. I don't care about imbalancing I would just play on hard. I mainly want the story and dialouge.

In NWN2 and BG2 I always took the same core party then alternated out any additional slots. BG2 I always took Aerie, Minsc, Viconia and Edwin. The last slot I took a bunch of people but usually settle on Jan or Jaheria. In NWN2 I always took Khelgar, Elainee, Neeshka, Zhajevie and the A man once I got him. Before I got the A man I alternated the last slot out.

Problem is in Dragon Age I always love using Alistair Leiliana and Morrigan, I find it very difficult to take any of them out of my party even in subsequent playthroughs. If the game had even 1 more slot then I could alternate out the last person and finally use some of the others. Hell I could Even make support characters which with the regular small party only gimp you.

I would pay DLC money for a mod that gave even 1 more party slot. :( This mod I want more then any other.