Increased Party Size

Florimel

"Okay there are 30 Darkspawn in front of us. Sten! go help Alistair, Zevren lay down suppressing fire with Leiliana. Wynne. heal while Morrigan does offensive magic then switch off!"

"Uh sorry you already have 3 of us... Umm... Good luck! We will be at camp for the rest of the Battle."

"Wha-- (is overwhelmed and Chain shield bashed by 4 Hurlocks and thrown about by an ogre)

Yeah it's pretty awful how small the party cap is considering the games difficulty and the sheer amount of enemies you fight sometimes. There are countless regular, normal battles in the game where you are outnumbered 5-1 or even 8-1.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think difficulty is the issue, i have been playing on nightmare and while every single combat takes at least 30 mins, when i dont die, its very manageable especially since im just not abusing the crafting aspects of the game.

for me this would be about having the party members around to watch them interact with each other and see what they say on the cutscenes. i would probably use this mod on my second play through just for that specific purpose.

been messing around with 5+ group spots with the console commands... on almost every boss fight there is some barrier or door or partition that prevents you from running away from the fight. In each case that same barrier prevents the extra characters from entering.

While boss fights teleport the 4 main group slots into the fight area, ive noticed the extra guys will stay where you put them, so if you can walk them into the fight area before triggering the cutscene (Jarvia fight in Orz for example) they will be there when the cutscene ends. On fights like the Broodmother and Uldred there wasn't a way to get the extra characters within the partition before triggering the cutscene so they were stuck outside.

IDK if anyone is planning to do anything with this in terms of an actual mod, but if they do I hope some of these observations will be useful.

• 2 weeks later...
I would really love this mod too. Some spells seems to me completely useless, as well as other characters than Alistair, Wynne and a DPS. Would be cool if you could have the entire party around, just to see their initial reaction at everything you now do instead of being lazy at the camp!

runscript zz_addparty NPCname

Easy solution.

The problem with that is you have no control over that character, and some boss fights that lock the door or close a gate after you enter leaves the 5th party member outside unable to do anything (I assume you haven't read all posts or you would have seen it was discussed).

Easy is not always better.

Since no one appears to yet be working on this, I suspect it is an extremely difficult, if not impossible, task with the current tools available. That's really a shame since so many people want a larger party size. I would download and test a mod like this in a minute if one should become available.

I've tried the runscript solution, but it doesn't solve the problem. I want party members available for roleplay, not just be there to provide added firepower in battles.

I do miss Wizardry and what I imagine Andrew and Robert could have done with current techology.

been messing around with 5+ group spots with the console commands... on almost every boss fight there is some barrier or door or partition that prevents you from running away from the fight. In each case that same barrier prevents the extra characters from entering.

While boss fights teleport the 4 main group slots into the fight area, ive noticed the extra guys will stay where you put them, so if you can walk them into the fight area before triggering the cutscene (Jarvia fight in Orz for example) they will be there when the cutscene ends. On fights like the Broodmother and Uldred there wasn't a way to get the extra characters within the partition before triggering the cutscene so they were stuck outside.

IDK if anyone is planning to do anything with this in terms of an actual mod, but if they do I hope some of these observations will be useful.

I had a problem with a ranger summon getting stuck the wrong side of the barrier so the problem already exists in the vanilla game, it does look as if the barriers would have to be disabled or the players teleported through them for it work.