How do I install mods?

redhorizon09

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I looked around the Nexus forums and found nothing on how to install mods for Dragon Age Origins. If anyone knows how to install mods for this game, please tell me. thank you.

Depends on the mod. If the file is a .dazip then find the daupdater.exe in the dragon age\bin_ship folder, run it, drop the dazip on to it, highlight it and press "install selected".

For others you drop the files into your override folder, that lives in documents\bioware\dragon age\packages\core if it's not there then create it. If that doesn't work then try the one in your game folder dragon age\packages\core.

Some mods you will need to enable in game via the "installed content menu".

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9095/addnv.jpg

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I looked around the Nexus forums and found nothing on how to install mods for Dragon Age Origins. If anyone knows how to install mods for this game, please tell me. thank you.

Every mod should have a readme or something that includes installation directions. As noted it really depends on if the mod is a basic add-in, or if it needs to do any overrides.

Every mod should have a readme or something that includes installation directions. As noted it really depends on if the mod is a basic add-in, or if it needs to do any overrides.

Thank you for the responds and help. Yea every mod should have a readme, but the problem is: some don't... or some of the readmes have file paths that I don't recognize such as these for example, which both are for the same mod:

-directory at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

and/or

-directory at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules\Single Player\override

I have Dragon Age installed on my C drive in the program folder. The first path that leads to \packages\core\override I can find no problem, but the 2nd path, I saw no folder named \modules in my dragon age folder. In such a case, what would you do? Create the folder?

Thank you for the responds and help. Yea every mod should have a readme, but the problem is: some don't... or some of the readmes have file paths that I don't recognize such as these for example, which both are for the same mod:

-directory at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

and/or

-directory at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules\Single Player\override

I have Dragon Age installed on my C drive in the program folder. The first path that leads to \packages\core\override I can find no problem, but the 2nd path, I saw no folder named \modules in my dragon age folder. In such a case, what would you do? Create the folder?

You would need to create, though i'd be very careful with a mod that is overriding single player directly. That dangerous ground. What mod is it?

and/or

You would need to create, though i'd be very careful with a mod that is overriding single player directly. That dangerous ground. What mod is it?

I dont know which mod redhorizon09 meant, but i second what jwvanderbeck said. Normally those "\modules\Single Player\override" paths have something to do with the way a mod is extracted from the toolset (if i am not mistaken) and i readed several postings that had problems with this single player installation paths. I am no modder myself (jet), but i would be very carefull with such a mod and possibly dont use it unless i have exact directions from the maker of said mod.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override is normally the place to put mods unless they work with a .dazip file.

Also i have written a small guide for installing/uninstalling mods: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/articles/article.php?id=19

hopefully it clears any trouble that may still be there, in case you have more qustions just ask =)

• 3 years later...

I actually have a question about mods as well and I thought I'd post it here instead of starting a new thread. I have Windows 7. The Program didn't install in the my programs directory. Rather, it installed in my documents/NAME/Boiware/Dragon Age. The problem I'm having with mod installer programs is that I don't have a shipbin directory or whatever it's called. Because of this, I don't know where I should install my Mod Installer programs and other things that want me to use this directory. Does anyone else have Windows 7 and know what to do about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on your particular system's configuration, NMM may require that you set it to "Run as Administrator" in order to perform certain functions.

Do you know how to do this, or do you need help? :ermm: