commission a modder to make armor

chasemm18

I would like to commission a modder skilled in making quality hi res armors to do a specific armor set for me. I have tons of pictures as reference, ive included 2 of them here. If you are interested, please PM me with any work you have done.

Details can be discussed her or through PM's thank you!

Chase

Hahaha!! Touche.

honestly though I have no idea what im doing, luckily someone took the time to explain to me the going rates, ect, ect for doing work like this and i was WAYYYYYY off haha the only way Im going to get this mod made is out of someones charity ie NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN ha ;) ill save my money till then until I can pay someone the rate

Making armor is.. difficutlt. Just because it require almost all skillset within 3d. Hence nobody can casually pick it up and go. If people make armors, or rather high quality armor, they are character creators, and have focused all their time, and skill, in character creation.

Most people modding are new to the art of 3d, which means they are making static models. The more advanced ones are making organic static models.

And when it comes to payment: Rather than throwing out an extreme amount of money to pay what a proffesional would earn from it, choose to give a donation instead. Proffesional 3d artist don't sit on these forum and mod Skyrim, and the rest of us are hobby artists.

That said, the armor you want is not very complicated, so don't empty your pocket over it!

Making armor is.. difficutlt. Just because it require almost all skillset within 3d. Hence nobody can casually pick it up and go. If people make armors, or rather high quality armor, they are character creators, and have focused all their time, and skill, in character creation.

Most people modding are new to the art of 3d, which means they are making static models. The more advanced ones are making organic static models.

And when it comes to payment: Rather than throwing out an extreme amount of money to pay what a proffesional would earn from it, choose to give a donation instead. Proffesional 3d artist don't sit on these forum and mod Skyrim, and the rest of us are hobby artists.

That said, the armor you want is not very complicated, so don't empty your pocket over it!

Thank you for the info/advice, I had someone message me privately interested in doing it and he explained the same, that making quality armor is a very involved process and something that requires not only a lot of skill but a lot of time. At this rate I don't think its going to happen (at this rate id be happy if someone just made the feather-mail that I could put on over the reskin of the nightingale armor thats been done haha) however I am glad I put the post up here because I have gotten a wealth of information on the process and world of modding from people such as yourself and those who have messaged my inbox. I wish I had the skillset to do this myself, I would be making every variation of Elven armor from the world of Tolkien haha

Thank you again!

It is not so much it takes a lot of time, it is more that it takes a lot of effort. The people doing character creation could bash you a set of armor, together with a custom elven human body, in a day. That said, the same people would most likely not be in Skyrim, since Skyrim does not support custom characters, or custom animals.

I remember seeing this quote 5 years ago at the official Bethesda Foru,s. I forgot who said it, and I bet I got it wrong, but here goes: "Take the time you think it would take to make the model. Double it. Add 6 to it. Triple that. Then multiply it by 10. That's about half of the time it takes to make a mod"

It's, well, not too accurate, but it is a way to explain people how much time it actually does take!

. I wish I had the skillset to do this myself, I would be making every variation of Elven armor from the world of Tolkien haha

I know the feeling! Personally I want to learn how to draw in 2d, and I want to get better at character creation. There is simply not enough houres in a day, nor days in a week!

Best of luck!

Matth

• 6 years later...