Ok time to Reinstall

Majorshepard

Just because a mod hasn't been updated for a while doesn't make it broken or inherently outdated. It can often mean there's no need to "update" it - it works fine the way it is. Jaysus Swords is one such mod, as are countless other "old" mods on the Nexus. In fact some of the mods I wouldn't even dream of starting a playthrough without haven't been updated since 2012. Don't look at Last Updated; always check out the comments section to see what the author or users are reporting about such things. Often you'll be able to tell quite quickly if a mod is outdated or just simply not in need of regular maintenance anymore.

Ok I just reinstalled everything, now I just have to BOSS it all and TESV Edit any that come up and then try the game to see if it works. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Quick question about Wrye Bash. When I create a Bashed patch it unticks the mods that are in it. Will the mod still work as its inside the Bashed patch now, or do I still need them ticked? Also I have a few of the mods tick boxes on Wrye Bash in orange. This apparently means that it has a "Dirty installer" or something. And it seems that most of the ones in Orange are ones that I cleaned in TESV Edit, Deleting Undeleted References and removing Identical to Masters. Is it ok to leave them or do I have to reinstall those?

Several mods could very well have been integrated entirely into your bashed patch, and thus their original plugins don't need to be ticked. When you right click and choose "Rebuild Patch", a window will pop up; on the right hand side will be a list of plugins that are entirely mergeable into Bashed Patch, 0.esp. On the left will be a series of submenus which will allow you to see which mods it combines pieces of - leveled lists, stats, etc.

Just because a mod hasn't been updated for a while doesn't make it broken or inherently outdated. It can often mean there's no need to "update" it - it works fine the way it is. Jaysus Swords is one such mod, as are countless other "old" mods on the Nexus. In fact some of the mods I wouldn't even dream of starting a playthrough without haven't been updated since 2012. Don't look at Last Updated; always check out the comments section to see what the author or users are reporting about such things. Often you'll be able to tell quite quickly if a mod is outdated or just simply not in need of regular maintenance anymore.

Jaysus swords is severely outdated but thanks to Sharlikan he updated it and even hosts it on the nexus (if you didn't know :) )

And yes, everyone should ALWAYS read through the comments and mod description!

I am currently having an issue with the game. When it does the whole intro sequence the cart that you start in is flying all over the screen, the wheels going through the cart at weird angles. it will only stop when the horse pulling the cart dies. O.o its funny but I can't get anywhere because of it.

Managed to get past it by unticking a few mods from the bottom of the list, unsure what was causing it though. But I ticked them after the first autosave.

Edited by Majorshepard

I'm having a slight problem with my female skins. I install CBBE, CSHBHC BBP, No ugly Bronze shine and Natural breast animation well enough. But when I try and add Battle Hardened Body Mod the breast physics don't work anymore. The mod says it works with UNP, UNPB, UNPC, CBBE and ADEC, but I'm guessing it doesn't work when CSHBHC is installed? I really want the slight muscle the battle hardened mod adds as, to me, it make it more realistic for a person who fights dragons and such to have at least a little muscle, rather than smooth flawless skin. But I also like the physics that the breasts have as they also are realistic, rather than static breasts or breasts that bounce like there is no gravity (hence the Natural breast animation mod). Is it not possible to have both?

And do any of the other mods that affect skins conflict at all? Or because one is installed after another does it effectively remove the other mods by replacing the same files? Because if they do I would prefer to just uninstall ones that I do not even see.

Quick question about Wrye Bash. When I create a Bashed patch it unticks the mods that are in it. Will the mod still work as its inside the Bashed patch now, or do I still need them ticked? Also I have a few of the mods tick boxes on Wrye Bash in orange. This apparently means that it has a "Dirty installer" or something. And it seems that most of the ones in Orange are ones that I cleaned in TESV Edit, Deleting Undeleted References and removing Identical to Masters. Is it ok to leave them or do I have to reinstall those?

First part,

Before you right click to create the patch....put a check mark in any Green colored mods. Now when you create the patch Wrye will ask if you want to Merge them into the patch, click yes. When you are in the patch creation box, you will see those mods when you click on "merge patches" on left side, (place a check in the box) now on the >>Right side make sure all the mods have check marks. ReBuild the patch, IF it is done correctly , when you now look at those mods they will now have a "+" sign in the box. Meaning they are now part of the patch...yes leave them in this state ,. [+]

Second part. Can get tricky here. The color orange has DIFFERENT meanings depending on what tab you are on.

IF on the mods tab,= mostly harmless, it is telling you that the mods are sorted differently, then what the mod has in its header. (can be fixed in TESVEDIT ) (sort masters).

IF on the Installer TAB= hmmm ok, yes Wrye is telling you the file in the DATA folder is now different then the file in the Archive. This would be true IF you have cleaned the file, since the two files are not the same, WRYE knows this. IF you know you want the file that is now in the data folder you can " SYNC from Data" "only available if you have Extracted to Project". This will Pull the file from the DATA folder and overwrite the file in the Extracted folder, you then "pack to Archive" and your mod will have the cleaned copy in the Archive. ( i do this always).

IF you wanted the file From the Archive then you would "Anneal" that would pull a new copy of that file out of the Archive, and you would lose the cleaning you did.

Leaving it as is, means you have both versions , the Cleaned file in the DATA folder and the original in the Archive. (not necessary as TESVedit makes backups). (long as you haven't turned that off.) But you would have to put up with a not perfectly clean Wrye window.

Whhheewww...lol i did make a video for this, but have to put it up ..lol