A question about XX

beri1212

I recently installed the More Craftables mod on my computer and while it works fine and without any issues, when I looked for the perk ID I found it was XX05218E. However in the load order More Craftables is 72, so I'm wondering, when I get to 99 on the mod load order can I keep installing mods and just not be able to cheat for perks and items, or does it max out at 100 files?

I believe that the system will begin assigning letters to the mods for the XX at that time.

So that you can have a combo of double letters and double numbers and a combo of 1 of the 2. Like AA or A7 or 7A

So this leaves many options. You can have in most Beth games 250 mods but that includes the ESM of the vanilla game and any DLC

Someone else may be able to answer this. As I have 250 mods the list load order is obviously long and the numbers don't follow a concurrent order. It appears that they probably are assigned a number when you put them in your mod folder then the load order is adjusted so the numbers get mixed up at that time.

For example Skyrim.esm is always 00

then say I put a file in as the forth file...the program numbers it 04 but it gets put low in the load order after mod 12 and 1A. You will have an 04 at the bottom of the load order list.

Again I am not sure but this seems reasonable.

Load order uses hexadecimal (base 16) numbering 0 through F So 00 through 09 will be what you are used to. Then instead of 10 it goes to 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, then 10, 11.... 1A, 1B etc. 255 in Hex is FF which is the max allowed.

Hex to decimal chart http://ascii.cl/conversion.htm

Load order uses hexadecimal (base 16) numbering 0 through F So 00 through 09 will be what you are used to. Then instead of 10 it goes to 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, then 10, 11.... 1A, 1B etc. 255 in Hex is FF which is the max allowed.

Hex to decimal chart http://ascii.cl/conversion.htm

To be technical, FE is the highest hex numbered mod allowed. FE = 254. However, 255 is the limit because the counting starts at 00 rather than 01. FF is reserved for in-game created instances of objects.