Automatic Exit from crafting benches

bioman226

does anyone know of a mod that will make it so that when i am crafting it does not automatically exit me from the crafting bench or ammo press? a suggestion would be greatly appreciated because i think it takes way too much time and is very annoying to constantly be exited from the crafting menu when i still want to make things. thnx

To my knowledge, the only mod that does this is Cyberlay's "Craft Master" - though that thing is a total pain in the ass to install, because it requires one or two of his other mods -and- the unique installer he made that only works with his mods (which can be a pain in the ass just by itself, because getting it running can be difficult).

I took a look at CM once to see if I could figure out how he did it, but no luck. I'm pretty sure he did it via script, but I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing has worked.

For now, a workaround is to find a mod that adds bulk crafting to the game. I've got an ammo overhaul mod that does that, and I'm thinking of making the same thing for Campfire and Workbench recipes.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

To my knowledge, the only mod that does this is Cyberlay's "Craft Master" - though that thing is a total pain in the ass to install, because it requires one or two of his other mods -and- the unique installer he made that only works with his mods (which can be a pain in the ass just by itself, because getting it running can be difficult).

I took a look at CM once to see if I could figure out how he did it, but no luck. I'm pretty sure he did it via script, but I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing has worked.

well thnx for looking anyways. bummer that there isnt anything easy to install out there though. i am just so tired of having to exit the stupid menu after every satchel charge or mod i create with PN

No problem mate. You'd think someone else would've found a fix by now, but apparently it's either really difficult or ultra-low-priority.

probably hard. i mean there HAS to be more people who find this extremely annoying. or maybe im just really impatient ;)

The solution he had, iirc since it's been a year or more since I looked, was to have a craft option that adds a token item, and the token item checks for the menumode exiting and will immediately tapkey activate (or whatever equivalent he used) which then reactivates the item directly in front of the player, which will always be the crafting table.

A second crafting option adds another token that will remove the first, thereby exiting the infinite craft. I believe it was a bit more refined, but the workaround through that method is so hacky that it's not really fun. I've played around with various ideas for how to do it, going so far as to add an additional scripted button to the menu interface itself that would be used to toggle the state of a script that would activate the bench on closing. Maybe when I'm back to modding I'll whip that up.

The solution he had, iirc since it's been a year or more since I looked, was to have a craft option that adds a token item, and the token item checks for the menumode exiting and will immediately tapkey activate (or whatever equivalent he used) which then reactivates the item directly in front of the player, which will always be the crafting table.

A second crafting option adds another token that will remove the first, thereby exiting the infinite craft. I believe it was a bit more refined, but the workaround through that method is so hacky that it's not really fun. I've played around with various ideas for how to do it, going so far as to add an additional scripted button to the menu interface itself that would be used to toggle the state of a script that would activate the bench on closing. Maybe when I'm back to modding I'll whip that up.

Not even kidding, I would pay you if you could actually pull it off.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I am looking for this exact mod, but I don't understand WHY; firstly, the devs would make it this way and have this kind of oversight, and secondly, how someone (who can mod) hasn't gotten extremely annoyed at it and found a workaround already?

Bumping for interest.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...