• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope you'll include Foul Ol' Ron, the Duckman, and the rest of the crew, plus Gaspode the Wonder Dog.

... and Angua should fit in well with the Nordic accents from Skyrim :)

Good luck with this project - Don't know if you are aware, but Sir Terry was known to play Oblivion. And my guess is Skyrim as well. :dance:

Many memorable characters that should translate well into Skyrim NPCs - Such as Cohen the Barbarian. :tongue:

Good luck with this project - Don't know if you are aware, but Sir Terry was known to play Oblivion. And my guess is Skyrim as well. :dance:

Many memorable characters that should translate well into Skyrim NPCs - Such as Cohen the Barbarian. :tongue:

Pratchett is actually somewhat regularly updated on the progress. I actually just sent him a update email yesterday. He knows and has given clearance for all plagiarism and butchering of his work etc :tongue:

@Markin

We are kind of scrapping Skyrims premise (Mostly) and as I was pointing out to my composers we are doing Discworld not Skyrim, we are putting the player in and referring to them as dragonborn etc but they are in a whole nother world, populated by 95% unique voiced characters (I'm lazy with most of the generic bad guys comon)

So actually Angua sounds normal (If a tad angry) Very few of the accents are being true to race, we are more going true for character

All in all we just want it to be fun, there are a lot of narrative scene driven quests cause to me it's about the story :P

As for including characters, I am putting in what we need for quests as I get to them. We are like 14 or so quests in and I just added Carrot lol, Somehow Wee Mad Arther made it in sooner (I love him)

Mostly it is a matter of time and energy as I am actually writing akin to Pratchett, I know where I'm going but this fricking road keeps going off on tangents. Case in point I somehow ended up starting the Fifth Elephant, soo why not! I already started on the dwarven city! lol

But ya on that note

Updated Voice acting thread, got some more roles etc on here

http://voiceacting.proboards.com/thread/26807/skyrim-discworld-tested-pratchett-approved

Characters so far btw (Actual Discworld Characters)

Vimes

Cohen

Vetinari

Rufus

Bethan

Carrot

Angua

Wolfgang

Nobby

Colon

Wee Mad Arther

Some of my problems will come with modeling like Detritus, I actually want a rocky troll but I have little to no skills in the 3d modeling and rigging when it comes to nifs etc. I could actually do it in 3ds max though it would take me forever and probably look cartoonish

Also clothing, I plan to start adding in the unseen university soon but I want them to look like Wizards! I mean comon rincewind needs WiZaRd on his hat right?

Sooo to any modelers out there who want to jump on the crazy train :tongue:

Edited by Darren83

There's probably some Discworld-related filk music around if you ask the composers' permissions.

...and if you put in the Wee Free Men, PLEASE find voice actors who can do a reasonable Scottish accent!

Edited by MarkInMKUK