A mod request - respawn limit reset

Guest Dominik

Guest Dominik

Hi,

as you already know, after (around) 15 kills enemies no longer respawn.

From Software made a lot of changes in Dark Souls 2 - some fine, some bad. But one sticks out as game breaking - this is terrible for a million reasons, not the least of which is the depressing thought of running around an empty game world with nothing to have fun killing.

Please, Dark Souls modders, consider a mod that fixes this and brings back one of the selling points of the series: the unforgiving difficulty - in DS1 if you screwed up and died on a boss, you don't just get to try again, you have to fight your way back.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yokoshima

This, a thousand times this. An empty world is a boring world. I was going to buy 3 copies of this game for some friends but 'till this is fixed I will stick with one.

Guest Dominik

Please, please, please, Dark Souls modders, can you tell if such a mod is even possible?

Here is an useful idea: after 15 (or so) kills, the next kill should give 0 souls but mobs should respawn without any limits. This should preserve ballance (although there are ways to farm souls in the game and... tbh this wasn't such a big deal in DS1 and I never heard anyone complaining).

Guest Guest

Please, please, please, Dark Souls modders, can you tell if such a mod is even possible?

Here is an useful idea: after 15 (or so) kills, the next kill should give 0 souls but mobs should respawn without any limits. This should preserve ballance (although there are ways to farm souls in the game and... tbh this wasn't such a big deal in DS1 and I never heard anyone complaining).

This. Please can someone say if this is possible?

Apparently none of you have ever heard of bonfire ascetic.

Ascetic is nice and all but you're also failing to mention the effects of such an item. It also permanently raises that area to a NG+1 and only resets the counter meaning after you farm those monsters you're still stuck. Not to mention when you go to start your actual NG+1 that said area will be NG+2 and so forth. I think a better resolution would be to find a way to just reset the limited respawn encounter especially since I'm sure some areas you wouldn't want at permanent higher difficulty. But that's just my opinion.

Guest Guest

Apparently none of you have ever heard of bonfire ascetic.

Apparently you don't know what a bonfire ascetic actually does.