Mod Request - Keyboard button prompts

SalvadorKenway

+1 on this, it would be a great relief at least knowing what buttons I have to press instead of sweeping through my keyboard everytime a new combo/special move/etc. is introduced, and finding items in my inventory is hard enough without game pause during fights, it's literally a pain in the arse to do so with the 360 key prompts... :pinch:

Mhm.

It's a bit weird seeing button mods already out so fast for the PS3, Rumblepad and Wii U Pro controller, though. The keyboard mod seems to be taking a bit this time, compared to how fast the aforementioned mods were pushed out.

I suppose this has something to do with the fact that the keyboard obviously has more buttons and many button combinations.

I'm holding off on playing the game entirely until the keyboard button override is out, so I hope someone gets on it soon.

Edited by SalvadorKenway

Guest Mezula

Thirded. I spent a good amount of time remapping the keys and then writing it all down on a piece of paper that I keep close at hand while playing and I still get it wrong at times, because confusing button prompts... -___-

It definitely is doable. There's two PS3 gamepad button mods out already. People are just under the impression that noone uses keyboard and mouse. This is quite the contrary, because everyone wanted to give KB & M a chance after From promised "perfect" keyboard and mouse integration.

While It's far from perfect, it isn't nearly as bad as the first Dark Souls without DSfix. It will be more than playable once all the mouse delay issues are fixed. Personally, though? I find it fine. But the 360 button prompts make the game look like a shitty, effortless port. When It's really quite good in terms of performance and the technical aspects. It's just the PC control aspect that it fails at a bit.

I'm waiting on this mod + the VAC integration (connectivity issue for people who have had previous VAC bans on their accounts, it's a glitch being worked on by From) to be fixed so I can actually play the game. Watching my friends blow through their first playthroughs without being able to participate in jolly cooperation with them is disheartening, to say the least.