Quests and Legends

Connstar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Please add my name to those chorusing in dismay at the disappearance of QaL, as well as to those requesting a PM from anybody able to send me the 1.6 file (assuming that is within the rules of the site!) I have a working copy running on my current game and am downloading the fileplanet 1.5 version as I type, but I'm planning a new computer which will require a fresh installation sometime fairly soon and don't want to lose the opportunity to play this mod at the best it can be.

Idomeneas created something magnificent with this project. I don't know why they chose to take it down and of course that's their prerogative as author, but what a loss to our community. I will cling desparately to the hope that it's temporarily down for maintenance or an update or something. Not sure I really believe it, but you never know, right?

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a long time since I played DAO: Quest and Legends. I am currently stuck at Mood Nevle Library. I once had a diagram of how to solve the puzzle, but have since misplaced it. I have looked all over the Internet for such, but to no avail. As I am not a mathematician I have no real concept of algorithm or binary. I can add, subtract, multiply and divide and that is the extent of it. Can someone out there please help me find a solution to the puzzle? I would be forever grateful. Thank you.

i would be glad to help you. first you need to remember that the books shall be numbered 1 to 4 for the first row of books then 5 to 8 for the second row of books starting of course from the left going to the right.

Touch the books in this manner:

HUMANS - 1 2 3 6 7 8

ELVES - 1 2 3 4

DWARVES - 1 2 4 5

ANIMALS - 3 4 8

GENLOCKS - 5 6 7 8

HURLOCKS - 2 3 5 8

OGRES - 2 6 7

DRAGONS - 1 3 4 6

That's it... i wonder if you have answer to the "spies like us" quest, i dont know how to get to the harrower in the denerim port. the barkeeper Markela doesnt allow me to look at the ledger. How can i find out about the harrower so that i could finish that quest. thanks