Nude patches are fine. Dudes, though?

manekineko42

The game has only been out a few weeks so i am sure there are more nude mods coming downthe pike, both fot male and female. The two things I'd really like to see is a gender correct full nude mode, without the bra and panty lines please!!

I'd also like to see more sexy armor's. I almost cant believe that no one has made a chain mail bikini yet oe see thru mage robes yet. :P

I'm a woman and I just think that's ridiculous. The nude body has always been a classic ideal of beauty in artistry, think of classical art. I don't look at nude bodies to get my rocks off, or masturbate, maybe that's cause I'm a girl. I like to see nude bodies because I think the human form is beautiful.

Link removed as inappropriate content. Bben46, Moderator

I would be very interested to know how you think that is the classic ideal of artistic beauty. Impress upon me how it speaks to and inspires you.

You can stomp around with your nose in the air, speaking of classic beauty and ideals and how you find beauty in the human form, but we aren't talking about "David" here. We're on an internet forum with people who are discussing how they would like their video game character to show some dong when they remove a piece of armor. I simply made reference to the average persons view, about the very real and potentially hairy aesthetic value of a penis and how it relates to the topic.

It was more to establish that it isn't penis phobia that keeps these mods from being popular and many, it's simply the fact that there aren't nearly as many people interested in seeing a bare penis as there are people interested in seeing bare breasts. The average player doesn't create a character to be the likeness of David, they create a character they think looks good to them. The cold truth is that the most of the players looking for a nude mod with detailed genitals is looking to add sex to their game, not because they have high artistic ideals.

If you chisel out a character that, in your mind, is a work of art and not simply an electronic barbie doll to dress and undress, more power to you. You would be in the minority.

I 'get' what you're trying to say, even if I don't see how it's relevant to my post. What I don't get is why you decided to use your masturbation preferences as part of your argument. I'm not sure how 'being a girl' makes that bizarre argument any more relevant then if you were a man, either.

I would have no problems with a male nude mod. Someone put effort in it to make it, if you dont like it you must not use it.

Its so easy to ignore things that you dont like, if pepole can ignore global warming, hungry children in 3rd world countries, women getting beaten by their husbands

and animals getting killed for their pelts, (just to name some common things that many pepole ignore on a daily basis), why cant they ignore a nude mod then?

There they suddenly discover their "morality" and "standards", its laughable, or sad, you choose.

Everything that can be done will be done, its a rule of the internet.

But the inability to reimport meshes till now, kinda limits what can be done to make male nudes in DA anatomically correct.

So until that is solved i doubt we will see any "hard facts" :D

Point is not if someone else likes it or not and if you agree or disagree with that persons view, thats completly irrelevant.

It dosent change anything, it will be made by someone and used by someone.

Really Nipwip. While I'm not offended by the link, I also don't call that art.

I'm trying to resist the urge to ask "are you stupid"? :) Because I don't think you are so don't take it too hard, I'm mostly kidding.

But I feel so strongly about this, and I think that your link shows the root of the trouble perfectly.

You fail to understand art. I assure you my game is art.

This is art.

I have to add, even when I was a little kid, I recognized that Ken was not anatomically correct. And I knew that was dumb.

Edited by myrmaad

Really Nipwip. While I'm not offended by the link, I also don't call that art.

I'm trying to resist the urge to ask "are you stupid"? :) Because I don't think you are so don't take it too hard, I'm mostly kidding.

But I feel so strongly about this, and I think that your link shows the root of the trouble perfectly.

You fail to understand art. I assure you my game is art.

This is art.

I have to add, even when I was a little kid, I recognized that Ken was not anatomically correct. And I knew that was dumb.

You feel strongly about... what, exactly? You aren't making any kind of point relevant to the thread. You haven't even established what it is in my original post that got you all riled up in the first place. You started ranting about classical art and how you don't look at nude bodies and masturbate because you're a woman, when the rest of us were posting about video game nude mods - in particular, the lack of 'gender equality' in nude mods and why that is.

If you have a point, let's hear it. If not, let it go.

People either make a male/female nude mods or they don't. There's no law that say one must have more than the other, if you feel males need more and want to go ahead and make one, nobody is stopping you. If there are more female ones then that's because the modders in question wanted a female mod and were motivated enough to produce them.

My point posted in clear words placed close together:

Anatomically correct male and female models in the natural unaroused state would be highly valued and appreciated.

So you posted all that smarmy attitude, referenced your gender, your masturbation preferences, classical art, started throwing insults... to say, "Well, I'd like it."

No one said it was unwelcome, or that there was no place for it. No one said it was wrong.

You don't even have to take my word for it, feel free to do a search of nude mods for Oblivion and Fallout 3, two of the most popular games to mod and both featured on Nexus. Even when you remove female nude mods from the equation, there are still far and away more 'erect' mods then there are that feature Ol' Floppy in all his glory. This isn't even opinion, it's plain to see for anyone willing to invest the time to look it up.

It isn't as popular, so there aren't as many. Simple.

If you aren't finding what you want on Nexus or some of the other more western-based sites, you can take a plunge into some of the Japanese modding sites. There are a lot of mods produced by them that wouldn't even get looked at here, if you're willing to take the time to translate things or know a bit of Japanese yourself.

They're the ones responsible for the "erecting" male mod, as well as then hardening nipple mod... the latter of which was used as a base for the infamous dick-nipple mod, which is as perverse as it is hilarious. It was a team of Japanese modders that were working on the now-abandoned skin tanning mod, that would have your fair skinned character pick up a tan, complete with complex tan lines, when out adventuring in Oblivion.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any Dragon Age mod sites of merit outside of DA Nexus, so love floppy or hate him, you're still going to have to wait a while.

Let me remind you of the TOPIC:

Nude patches are fine. Dudes, though?

That was my answer.

You only need one anatomically correct model, for Oblivion it's Roberts Male Body, far and away the most popular male model on the nexus comes complete with standard nude tackle. Erect tackle available via separate download.

Give it time, Dragon age doesn't even have a construction set yet.

Edited by myrmaad