Modesty Mod

zihark7

Hi, is there any possibility that someone could make a mod that actually adds some clothes? I personally find creatures like the Desire Demon to be too showy. I think it would be nice if someone made a mod that added some more modesty to the game.

Personally I don't think the request is that reasonable. There are only a handful of encounters with Desire Demons. It seems very hypocritical to be okay with the large amount of gore, but not with some exposed side-boob and stomach. Even the nipples are hidden!

Well, actually, as soon as I find a way to turn the gore down, I will. Regardless, I still think it's a reasonable request; I know they're covered (barely), but I would like more than that. For crying out loud, there's a "White teeth" mod. If we have things like that, it can't be that unreasonable to stick something on the desire demons. I don't really appreciate being looked down on for just asking (or... agreeing with the asker... whatever).

You said that it seemed like a reasonable request. I have said that it doesn't seem reasonable. When so much of the game revolves around mature themes like sex and violence, I wonder what motivation you could have for playing it at all if you are that concerned with preserving modesty.

Why do you keep wondering about my motivation to play the game? We're asking for a mod. Of course parts of the game revolves around sex and violence. But the reason I play games is the story, the strategy of fighting, the adventure and exploration. I like to be immersed in another world. That's why I play video games. You can play for whatever reason you like, but it seems silly to me to attack my motivation for a mod where, if it had been about anything but sex and violence, I sincerely doubt you would have brought up the issue.

In my opinion all female chars in DA:O do have their fitting clothes. There is no female char which is exactly exposed to the viewers anymore then you can see at your favorite beach. In the fade there are special circumstances - a desired climate, a desired and tempting dream wouldn't exactly come with 3 layers of clothes. And the wilds in the game do have a different sense of modesty then the "modern population". You can also find that in the real world, even today. So for me, the game is just fine, beside the awful robes and some headgear (mage CONEHEAD hats :wallbash: ).

But you can also understand the need for more modesty, for more clothing. I give you an example: Would you really want to see a Full-Plate Bikini armor? Is the idea of clothed females around your storyline that bad? It certainly would not distract you from the game itself - at the very least. :wink: