How to create a new preset for Race from npc face?

Harlequin83

hi,

some one can explain me how to create a preset for a new character in existing race from an existing npc???

i tryed with follow step but when start game at creatin screen the preset is not present.... only standard....

1. spf command on NPC ingame to create NPC file

2. load skyrim esm in CK

3. open actor preset. (this time darkelffemalepreset10)

4. change id (darkelffemalepreset11)

5. import npc file

6. ctrl+f4 to get data

7. add preset in preset list of specific race (darkelf - > darkelffemale11)

8. save new esp (depreset.esp)

9.activate in NMM

10. launch game

11. select dark elf, change preset and only standard preset are present...

12. What's wrong?

help Q.Q

Couple things...

1. Presets do not need the face gen data. They are for player use and have the face data constructed differently in-game. So you can skip your step 6. In it's place add these steps:

1. Open the actor record
  2. At the top left beneath the ID & Name entries are a series of check boxes
    http://isharameradin.zxq.net/img/CKimg0018.jpg
  3. Select Is CharGen Face Preset -- This tells the game that it can be used as a preset entry.
  4. Select Unique -- This tells the game that this actor can only be used in the instances you dictate.
  5. Press Ok to save and close the actor record.

If desired you may wish to read the entire tutorial that came from (provided the website works for you)

http://isharameradin.zxq.net/MakingAPlayerBasedMannequin.html

Couple things...

1. Presets do not need the face gen data. They are for player use and have the face data constructed differently in-game. So you can skip your step 6. In it's place add these steps:

1. Open the actor record
  2. At the top left beneath the ID & Name entries are a series of check boxes

http://isharameradin.zxq.net/img/CKimg0018.jpg

3. Select Is CharGen Face Preset -- This tells the game that it can be used as a preset entry.
  4. Select Unique -- This tells the game that this actor can only be used in the instances you dictate.
  5. Press Ok to save and close the actor record.

If desired you may wish to read the entire tutorial that came from (provided the website works for you)

http://isharameradin.zxq.net/MakingAPlayerBasedMannequin.html

no work.... don't understand what's wrong...

this is detailed step i done (other guide i used)

• Load the saved game containing the character with the face you want to export.
  • While in 3rd persion view open the console and click on the character who's face you want to export.
  • type spf followed by the filename you want to save to and hit enter.

(e.g. spf luvthisface)

• Exit the game and open CK
  • From the top menu -> Open "File" -> Open "Data".
  • Check Skyrim.esm and click OK
  • In the object window: Actors -> Actor -> Preset -> and open the race you want to create your preset for.
  • Select any gender preset associated with your character's race and gender.
  • Change the ID to something new.

( e.g. "ImperialFemalePreset10" to "ImperialFemalePreset11" )

• In the actor window, select the "Character Gen Parts" tab

( It's the last tab. Use the arrow button next to the tabs to scroll extra tabs into view )

• Click the "Import" button.
  • Browse to the file you created in #1 and click "Open".

( Hair will be Vanilla hair but that's okay. It will allow you to change hair mods later and still use your presets. )

• Click the "OK" button in the lower left of the Actor Window. You will be asked if you want to "create a new form". Select YES.
  • You will then be asked "Are you sure? This object is currently in use by 0 objects and 0 references." Select YES
  • Select the new preset in the Object Window and hit the CTRL+F4 key.
  • You will then be asked "Export face gen data for all select NPCs?". Select YES
  • In the object window: Characters -> Races and open the race you just created a preset for.
  • In the Race window, select the "Preset NPCs" tab

( It's the last tab. Use the arrow button next to the tabs to scroll extra tabs into view )

• In the "Preset NPCS" list right click and select "New"
  • In the Select Form filter box, start typing the name you gave your preset in #9. You don't have to type it out fully, just enough so you can see it in the list.
  • Select your new preset and click OK
  • Click the "OK" button in the lower left of the Race Window.
  • From the top menu -> Open "File" -> Open "Save". Name your esp file and save.

( e.g. "mypresets.esp" )

• Then activate your esp using whatever method you use to manage your mods.

._.

Are you starting a new game when testing the plugin? It may be possible that new presets will not show mid-game. I know that there are other things that do not work correctly when modified mid-game.

Scratch that. I just tested that idea out and presets added mid-game load up just fine when using showracemenu.

Again, the one thing that stands out in the detailed instructions you posted is that it says to do the crtl+f4 to export the face data. However, that only works when the plugin has been saved. Also, it is not necessary for presets. It also lacks the critical check box on the preset "Is CharGen Face Preset"

If you cannot get it to work and you want me to try, I'd be willing to give it a go.

Edited by IsharaMeradin

i'm testing on a new game from start and in a game with save at helgen when u must create char :sad:....

See edit. I was editing the previous post while you replied.

ok i'm trying to make a preset for a darkelf with aspect of Nei in this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40925/? (after install she is in windhelm - candle hearth hall

can you try? thanks :D

Wait a minute!!!

You are taking a follower NPC and converting it into a preset? How are you doing that? The SPF console command is for the player character only, it does not work with NPCs. I missed that when I first read your first post. SPF stands for Save Player Face. I'm surprised you did not see that the preview image was not as you intended.

To do what you want...

Take the original follower mod and follow these instructions so you can use it as a parent mod

http://www.creationkit.com/Tutorial:_How_to_use_third-party_mod_ESP_records_in_a_new_ESP

Then after you have that mod as a parent and you are making your preset plugin.

Open the follower actor record and check the "Is CharGen Face Preset" box

Ok out to save the follower record

Go to the race record and add as a preset

Save the plugin.

Test in game

I will test to make sure that is correct. If not, I'll edit the instructions. Either way I'll edit this post so that you'll know what to do.

EDIT: I downloaded and installed the all in one package. There is more work than necessary to be done to make Nei into a preset. The author of that mod did not make Nei to be a true Dark Elf. She is a Nord with custom head parts and skin coloring. It would require a good bit of effort to correct that oversight. Last updated file was in February of this year. I suggest then asking the author about converting the followers into presets.

Edited by IsharaMeradin

Wait a minute!!!

You are taking a follower NPC and converting it into a preset? How are you doing that? The SPF console command is for the player character only, it does not work with NPCs. I missed that when I first read your first post. SPF stands for Save Player Face. I'm surprised you did not see that the preview image was not as you intended.

To do what you want...

Take the original follower mod and follow these instructions so you can use it as a parent mod

http://www.creationkit.com/Tutorial:_How_to_use_third-party_mod_ESP_records_in_a_new_ESP

Then after you have that mod as a parent and you are making your preset plugin.

Open the follower actor record and check the "Is CharGen Face Preset" box

Ok out to save the follower record

Go to the race record and add as a preset

Save the plugin.

Test in game

I will test to make sure that is correct. If not, I'll edit the instructions. Either way I'll edit this post so that you'll know what to do.

EDIT: I downloaded and installed the all in one package. There is more work than necessary to be done to make Nei into a preset. The author of that mod did not make Nei to be a true Dark Elf. She is a Nord with custom head parts and skin coloring. It would require a good bit of effort to correct that oversight. Last updated file was in February of this year. I suggest then asking the author about converting the followers into presets.

:/ i will try to make a preset for nord :D

• 7 months later...