Getting Over Cheating

ProteusBlack

How is it even possible to "cheat" in a single-player game? Even the expression is an oxymoron.

If I can't play the game "my" way, then STFU.

I play games to have fun. If I'm not having fun, then I find a way to change things so I am... or I stop playing that game. :wink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finding more and more that using Quick travel isn't always the best solution, only because i have recently discovered other quest that i never knew existed, and they usally get triggered when traveling on a road from one town to another, or just randonly running into a half crazed lunatic who wants you do his or her bidding, but either way for someone who is fairly new to the game i wouldn't rely on quick travel all the time, i use it for quick fixes, such as some of the glitches named in other post.

For me persoanally losing out on quest that can be challenging and fun are a game breaker for me, i try to soak up every last bit of gaming experience possible, after all we pay for it, so i want to get as much out of the experience as i can, there are still glitches that require you to have to use the console just to continue, that to me isn't considered cheating, it's a work around.

I have played way too many hours of Skyrim :tongue: ...since release date, started out on XBox and within the first year moved to PC, a much better gaming experience with Mods.

I started off with Fast Travel until I also finally realised more fun can be had with just jogging everywhere on foot...I use Fast Travel now for three annoyances in game, otherwise it's meandering on foot and I find it much more enjoyable personally...plus I have Mods that add more experiences on the road and so no trip is ever dull. :happy:

As for the 'glitches' ...I 'save' before going through any loading door and find so far that has taken care of and corrected well over 90% of any Game hangs or glitches I come across...Just go back to the previous load before the last loading screen and most glitches tend to self correct.

I'm finding more and more that using Quick travel isn't always the best solution, only because i have recently discovered other quest that i never knew existed, and they usally get triggered when traveling on a road from one town to another, or just randonly running into a half crazed lunatic who wants you do his or her bidding, but either way for someone who is fairly new to the game i wouldn't rely on quick travel all the time, i use it for quick fixes, such as some of the glitches named in other post.

For me persoanally losing out on quest that can be challenging and fun are a game breaker for me, i try to soak up every last bit of gaming experience possible, after all we pay for it, so i want to get as much out of the experience as i can, there are still glitches that require you to have to use the console just to continue, that to me isn't considered cheating, it's a work around.

I have played way too many hours of Skyrim :tongue: ...since release date, started out on XBox and within the first year moved to PC, a much better gaming experience with Mods.

I started off with Fast Travel until I also finally realised more fun can be had with just jogging everywhere on foot...I use Fast Travel now for three annoyances in game, otherwise it's meandering on foot and I find it much more enjoyable personally...plus I have Mods that add more experiences on the road and so no trip is ever dull. :happy:

As for the 'glitches' ...I 'save' before going through any loading door and find so far that has taken care of and corrected well over 90% of any Game hangs or glitches I come across...Just go back to the previous load before the last loading screen and most glitches tend to self correct.

I have to agree also with having to hoof it everywhere, i have some of the best Enviornment mods and lighting, and i want to see it, my skyrim at night is so beautiful and crisp, i couldn't stand to miss out. plus it makes for some amazing screen shots, my recnt playthrough has been more fullfilling, since i haven't used quick travel everywhere, plus i have discovered some quest i haven't done before, whether to use the Console or Quick Travel is up to you and only you, it's personal preference, no one can tell you not to do it or not.