How many different skill trees have you maxed out in a single character

ssdd2014

I am building this new character (http://skyrimcalculator.com/#367233 ) and targeting archery, one-handed, sneak and light armor to max out. For secondary I have planned smithing, restoration, enchanting.

Its proving to be very difficult.I am afraid of becoming a wish-washy jack of all trades, master of none type. :(

Is it too much to target 4 skills to max with almost all the perks??

What's your take on this?

I have maxed all the skills in one game. I did not have all the perks. It became tedious where magic was involved as magic was not something I used regularly. Sneak was not made legendary but Archery, One handed and Light Armor all had been made legendary. Archery was on it's fourth round of legendary when I finally gave up that game. Smithing and Enchanting required a bunch of grinding. Although with Hearthfire I was able to get Smithing to the initial 100 fairly easily but maxing it after making it legendary was a royal pain.

What I suggest is not to grind, just play the game and enjoy it. You'll find the one skill that you use most and that one will be the one you keep rolling over and over into legendary status thus giving you new levels and new perk points to spend on the major and minor skills that you use.

I'm in agreement with IsharaMeradin about not purposely grinding away just to develop those skills you want asap; it's the quickest way to wear down your enjoyment of the game is when you treat it like a job, just play it for the enjoyment and admiration that is Skyrim.

The character you are developing has almost the same skill tree sets i'm going along currently with alchemy included that helps in enchanting your own equipment.

Take advantage of buying into training each time you gain a level when you can afford to; also any skills that develop faster than what you want like "Speech craft"; roll it over into legendary.

I haven't maxed out a skill tree in a while. I've sort of moved away from a stat oriented game focus to one that emphasizes fun gameplay. That being said, on my first character I maxed out: Smithing, One-Handed, Sneak and Speech.

I usually play mages, so I've maxed Enchanting a few times and Destruction once, just from normal use. The only perk tree I ever "ground" was Conjuring; thralls are my favorite followers. I think my very first character maxed three skills; archery, alchemy, and sneak, but I didn't even know what "grinding skills" was back then. I have a really old, unarmed melee character that has max heavy armor and blocking.

I guess three is my answer.

HI, I'm quite new to Skyrim.

I have a few questions about the skill trees. What's the point of making a skill Legendary? If I had maxed tree, I wouldn't want to bring it back to level 15.

Also, do I loose perks when making a skill legendary?

The point of making a skill legendary is twofold:

1. The ability to gain more perks by having more character levels due to re-leveling the legendary skill.

2. If a combat skill, it can make combat a little more challenging due to not having the perk & skill level assisted multipliers.

You do not loose perk points when making a skill legendary. Those perks points become reusable. You can save them and put them back in the same skill as the levels are unlocked again. Or you can put them on different skill trees.

So instead of trying to grind skills that you may rarely use in normal game play just to reach higher character levels, you can make a skill that you use often into legendary status. I do not know if there is a cap to how many times a skill can be legendary. Archery was my most legendary skill with 4 roll overs.