• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,154 posts
Hi folks,

On TW's suggestion I have made this post for people who have entered the roleplaying competition to discuss off-topic items and to make clarifications to other players about what goes on in the RP thread.

Posts made in this thread will not be judged.

Peregrine

Peregrine

Bird from Hell

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
One request: could everyone posting here put the location of the post in bold at the top, so it's easier to keep track of what we need to read? Example:

THE HELLBIRD'S LAIR:

Lord Peregrine watched the gathering adventurers with growing boredom. None of them looked amusing, or worthy of his attention. He would have to kill them all, he realized with a mental sigh, and replace them with more interesting entertainment. And so with a thought of command, massive pillars of flames erupted from the ground under each group, consuming them completely. When the pillars finally cleared, not even ashes remained, and Lord Peregrine's hell had a few new souls roasting in its eternal fires.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,154 posts

Lord Peregrine watched the gathering adventurers with growing excitement. All of them looked amusing, or worthy of his attention. He would have to love them all, he realized with a mental sigh, and never replace them with more interesting entertainment. And so with a thought of command, massive pillars of hope and love erupted from the ground under each group, consuming them completely. When the pillars finally cleared, not any hatred remained, and Lord Peregrine's Heaven had a few new members

Bless.

I suppose you mean they say where their character is currently located, right?

Peregrine

Peregrine

Bird from Hell

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Lord Peregrine watched the gathering adventurers with growing excitement. All of them looked amusing, or worthy of his attention. He would have to love them all, he realized with a mental sigh, and never replace them with more interesting entertainment. And so with a thought of command, massive pillars of hope and love erupted from the ground under each group, consuming them completely. When the pillars finally cleared, not any hatred remained, and Lord Peregrine's Heaven had a few new members

Bless.

I suppose you mean they say where their character is currently located, right?

Exactly. Like in that example, my "character" is located in his hellish lair. So anyone also there knows immediately that they need to read it, and anyone who isn't can safely skip it and not worry about trying to keep track of what's happening. It'll make it a lot easier to catch the relevant posts when you're skimming the thread to write a reply.

Nofoa

Nofoa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Competition

Was it ok to just jump into the competition with my character story, and how she made her way to one of the three leaders? It was after i had posted that i came upon this you wrote.

Quote Dark0ne
<Insert prompt for next pose... example:>
(Ok Ent, your pose)

A new setting would be made every time a new roleplayer wished to enter into the game. The arbiter would be the only person posting a Setting, and anyone interested in joining a game would first private message the arbiter of the game/thread to receive the details of gameplay... basically giving them the ability to generate a character in private with the arbiter, and allowing the arbiter time to introduce the new roleplayer to the game in a proper roleplay fashion.

Edited by BonesNofoa, 05 March 2006 - 11:00 PM.

Dew_Loc

Dew_Loc

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I wasn't really sure what to do about skills... beacuse I prefer not to OOC at all when I roleplay, but I don't know how I would explain all my skills in-character. I put everything else in, however.

BTW here's a sketch of what my character looks like Posted Image

aridale

aridale

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
Man lots of posts! Is it too late for me to get in on this?

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,154 posts

Man lots of posts! Is it too late for me to get in on this?

Nope! You can join in any time up to the 14th of March.

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
Please check the update posts. They are long to prepare and other posts appear to be after them although the posters will not have seen it. Latest update is 3. And now I am preparing for bed.

thesilentpyro

thesilentpyro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Could I make a suggestion? Could the RP updates be put in another thread, or at least the post number of them be listed in the first post? That way we can easily find any updates we missed.

Page loaded in: 1.000 seconds