daupdater crashes when installing a .dazip-file

Lumines

hey guys I have trouble installing Dazip files on Daupdater on steamapps

Everytime I drag dazip files and try to install I get a window message error that pops out saying "DAcontent updater has stopped working"

Has anyone experienced this and actually got through?

I already tried putting Daupdater in admin, and it doesnt do anything

hey guys I have trouble installing Dazip files on Daupdater on steamapps

Everytime I drag dazip files and try to install I get a window message error that pops out saying "DAcontent updater has stopped working"

Has anyone experienced this and actually got through?

I already tried putting Daupdater in admin, and it doesnt do anything

I am not sure i can help you, becouse i dont use steam at all, and it smells somehow like a steam problem from what you said, but i will try my best.

The only thing about the steam installation and dragon age is that there is somewhere a maximal pathlengthrescriction (of 56 or something... dont remember sorry) that made trouble for some users, i read about it in the official bioware forums but i cant remember what exactly it was, i think it had to do with the override folder, not sure if that anyhow helps.

Maybe you can answer some questions and that will help you further.

What operating system are you on?

Have you Admin rights with the windows account you use and acsess to all folders/files the installer could use? (including desktop)

Maybe a third party program is blocking the daupdater?

If you have a Log from your daupdater could you post it please? (second tab, after the install failed or sucseeded there should be a deatailed log there)

Did you experience this with all .dazip-files or just with a specific one?

Have you installed or messed with the toolset?

Also i have a Guide on installing/uninstalling mods, but i havent covered your specific problem there, see my sig if you want to.

hope you can sort it out =)

-Running on AMD phenom 9950 quad core processor on window 32bit operating system

-Yes I have admin rights to all files

-..um..i wouldnt know ..but i can tell u i havent downloaded or messed with daupdater file

-11/27/2009 12:09 AM - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age origins\bin_ship\daupdater.exe,

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Found Dragon Age version 1.1

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Localization file ..\data\DAUpdater.xml loaded.

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Language set to: en

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Received Manifest Ready Message from DAUpdaterSvc

-all dazip files, yes

-havent messed with any toolset

-11/27/2009 12:09 AM - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age origins\bin_ship\daupdater.exe,

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Found Dragon Age version 1.1

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Localization file ..\data\DAUpdater.xml loaded.

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Language set to: en

11/27/2009 12:09 AM - Received Manifest Ready Message from DAUpdaterSvc

Thank you for providing information.

hm thats all in the log?

normally there should be an end message, like that it crashed or couldnt read a specific file... thats strange.

Just a random idea, copy the "daupdater.exe" from the "..\dragon age origins\bin_ship\" folder to your desktop (copy not cut and not just link to it)

then start it from your desktop and see if it gives you the same error log or a longer one or if it maybe works then.

EDIT:

Do you have a "..\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override" folder?

not sure about the exact location with steam, but this is the path in the normal version.

if there is no "override" folder in the "core" directory then please create it and try again to run the daupdater.exe

I doubt that its becouse of that but its worth a try if nothing else helps.

EDIT2:

Meanwhile i checked 2 forums and the official forums as good as i could in that limited time but couldnt find an answer for you.

The last thing that came to my mind is that your daupdater.exe is maybe a corrupt download, but thats also unlikely if all the rest of your game works.

maybe a redownload and reinstall could be made, but wait with that till youre really out of options.

If the things in this posting dont help you and there is no other helpfull hint coming up with your logfile then i am pretty much out of ideas.

Sorry i dont have Steam myself so i am limited by that anyway in my effort to help you.

Maybe someone else with more experience or atleast a steam dragon age version can give you more hints.

Also Steam has official forums too dont they? have you checked there for any hints or help? if not please try that, and the official forums too,

open a thread in the technical help forum and describe your problem, there are many more pepole there that could be of help.

and if that also dont helps you should contact the offical support, but i am not sure if ea or steam support is responsible, maybe try both.

thats all i can think of, good luck, and please if you solve it let me know here, i want to know why it isnt working for you, and it could help others with the same or a similar issue!

yeah, thats all i got on my log file. It wouldnt finish downloading the dazip files after i try to install them, so the log remains the same..i think ill ask the techies in steam and see what they come out with.

Ill post here if i find anything.

Here is another Report with seemingly the same problem, i couldnt find a solution for you guys, please check the technical help of the official forums and the EA Support.

If anyone has a clue or a solution please post it here !

Oh and maybe a moderator could edit the thread title to something like: daupdater crashes when installing a .dazip-file (probably steam related)

Hey!

Since this is the guide for installing mods I figured I'd ask my question here:

See, I've got a bit of a problem with uploading files trought the Dragon Age Content Updater. Every time I try to the Updater crashes (see screen). Anyone knows why that's happening, of what the solution is?

http://i50.tinypic.com/11skton.png

It's Dutch: says DAContentUpdater not working

There's a problem bla bla

[Close program]