daupdater crashes when installing a .dazip-file

Lumines

Works now: i had the Shapeshifter mod installed, for wich you needed to edit the AddIns in the Dragon Age/Settings folder. Once I swapped it with my back-up again it worked ;)

Oh i am glad you could resolve your issue, and i am even glader you let us know how you got it working so it may benfit others.

:thanks: and have fun playing DA =)

i am having the same problem, although not with steam. Da Updater worked before but now whenever I try to install something, it crashes.

@ cartman2790: can you please give more details about your problems?

- What operating system are you on?

- Have you Admin rights with the windows account you use and acsess to all folders/files the installer could use? (including desktop)

- Maybe a third party program is blocking the daupdater?

- If you have a Log from your daupdater could you post it please? (second tab, after the install failed or sucseeded there should be a deatailed log there)

- Did you experience this with all .dazip-files or just with a specific one?

- Have you installed or messed with the toolset?

- Have you other Mods installed?

- Have you tried the things i told Lumines to try out?

I'm having the same problem now, too, unfortunately. I downloaded and installed all of the free promo items from the DA website--worked fine then. But then I tried to install some mods from the website here and all it will do is crash. I attempted to also reinstall the original downloads just to troubleshoot, but it still refuses to work. Unfortunately, I didn't make a backup of my AddIns.xml file, but I tried deleting all of the references to the most recent add-ins out of it. Still crashes, though, so I'm really not sure what to do beyond that.

I've also seen several people post this problem on the official boards with no fixes in sight.

I'm having the same problem now, too, unfortunately. I downloaded and installed all of the free promo items from the DA website--worked fine then. But then I tried to install some mods from the website here and all it will do is crash. I attempted to also reinstall the original downloads just to troubleshoot, but it still refuses to work. Unfortunately, I didn't make a backup of my AddIns.xml file, but I tried deleting all of the references to the most recent add-ins out of it. Still crashes, though, so I'm really not sure what to do beyond that.

I've also seen several people post this problem on the official boards with no fixes in sight.

Have you links to the threads on the official forums, i might want to take a look at them.

Does your whole game dosent start any more or just the daupdater? Have you thought about a reinstall?

what you described sounds quite messed up sadly, of course without more information i cannot try to help you, thats like blind guessing.

I wrote in the posts in this thread everything that came to my mind what could help,

and also the questions that needed to be answered to make at least an guess.

Sounds to me like at least some people have tried hand editing their AddIns.xml file (very bad!) and it got messed up, causing DAUpdater to crash. Defintely something you need to be careful with. ALWAYS backup your file first.

I'm sorry if I missed it, but for those on Steam, are your mods installed to the same place as non-steam, or is it to a different place?

For non-steam they get installed to:

My Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\AddIns

Also you all might be interested in a new application i'm working on called DAModder which is a replacement for DAUpdater.

http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com/damodder/

Beta 1 just started tonight.