Issues with texture rendering, etc.

MetricDissonance

I got a fairly powerful gaming PC last month (nothing crazy, but definitely the most powerful PC I've owned), and have since been experimenting with various Skyrim mods, mainly texture packages, and have had a few recurring issues. I'm assuming it's related to my VRAM and the sheer number of textures that are attempting to render at a given time, but any information on how to resolve the issues would be appreciated. On a side note, I'm relatively new to modding and have likely made some simple mistakes, so bear with me.

My PC:

-Intel i5 4760K - not overclocking the CPU currently.

-EVGA Superclocked NVIDIA GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM.

-8GB Memory.

Mods that I'm using and think are likely causing the issues:

-Syrim 2K HD Textures.

-Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul.

-Skyrim Ultra HD Textures (I used 2K HD as a base, overwrote most of the files with SRTO, and used UHD to fill in anything that was missing without overwriting the former two mods. This might be the whole problem)

-Static Mesh Improvement Mod.

-Beauty of Skyrim Caves and Dungeons.

-More Dwemered Textures.

-The "Sexy" Cities series.

-aMidianBorn armor textures.

-aMidianBorn weapon textures

-Immersive Armors with the aMidianBorn textures.

-Immersive Weapons.

-Realistic Smoke and Embers

-Ultra HD Fire Effects.

-W.A.T.E.R.

-Ruins Clutter Improved.

-Flora Overhaul.

I'm using a number of other mods, but they aren't necessarily texture related.

The issues:

-Any number of textures for landscape, interiors, and armor sometimes render as completely black. What's strange is that if I save, exit to my desktop, and start again from the same save point, all of the textures render perfectly, and continue to do so for some time. However, I inevitably hit a point where they start to render black again, and then have to quit and re-launch the game. In short, the textures render most of the time, but not all of the time.

-Some textures render purple, but that mostly seems to occur with Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armors, and very rarely at that. It used to be worse, but then I unticked the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC prior to re-installing the mod textures and there are now way fewer purple textures.

Other stuff:

-I used have horrible problems with the game doing a CTD for apparently no reason, even after I installed SSME and created an SKSE .ini file for 1.7A. This seems to have resolved itself after I installed Sharpshooter's ENB and ENBoost as well.

-I use BOSS to manage my load order.

-I've used TES5edit to clean the mod files with dirty edits, including Bethesda's DLC files.

-BOSS suggests using bashed patches for a number of mods, but I haven't gotten around to learning how to use WryeBash yet, and don't know if that would necessarily solve my texture rendering problems.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by rmartin5588

• 1 year later...

About the black textures, i have this problem as well but as i get really close to the object/person the textures appear again but only in an in game radius of about 2 feet. when i get further away the render black again.

The following object are affected;

-faces of npc's

-roads

-containers, like a satchel, barrels, etc

-inn signs

-plants

can anyone explain what the problem is?