Photo

Discussion - The Woodland Castle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
199 replies to this topic

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Well rat droppings.. and I liked my post too :P so I am posting it here anyway NYAH :P

Trebbits turns more now to his new companions and those from the Abbey that he had built a little trust in before coming here. No longer trusting the Lady to be forthright with anything Trebbits turns to the others, "The tent floors were made of gathered stones, perhaps the enchanted of us feared we had woke someone with the noise and simply rushed back to our tent still holding the weapon. I think it is the first thing we should check. Time slips past us while we contemplate and speculate, the more that does the less we will have of an advantage in reaching the Castle." With that Trebbits grabs the nearest person to him that is not the Lady and heads for the furthest tent to begin checking for any disturbed stones, hoping the others will follow his lead so they may quickly assess if his thoughts are the right ones.

He had just not been himself since they had arrived here and things were to blurred and scattered in his normally detail oriented mind. Convoluted and exaggerated events that normally he had to fill in when writing of the tales he witnessed rather then having to sort them out as they happened. He had changed on this trip, no longer the unsure and almost shy nineteen year old he had been but now a more forceful and commanding side had emerged from him. He had not even had a single 'accident' while here. This brought his thoughts back to the rations and the poisoned foods. What if my power had spared me be poisoned or worse had simply nullified the poison? This would protect me from the harm of it but would also point to me as the one enchanted...

Before his thoughts could again get carried away he and the one he had grabbed were in front of the tent he had slept in and they began to look for any sign of a misplaced stone.

(*^@#$R(^@#($(@!#$(!@

He had just not been himself since they had arrived here and things were to blurred and scattered in his normally detail oriented mind. Convoluted and exaggerated events that normally he had to fill in when writing of the tales he witnessed rather then having to sort them out as they happened. He had changed on this trip, no longer the unsure and almost shy nineteen year old he had been but now a more forceful and commanding side had emerged from him. He had not even had a single 'accident' while here. This brought his thoughts back to the rations and the poisoned foods. What if my power had spared me be poisoned or worse had simply nullified the poison? This would protect me from the harm of it but would also point to me as the one enchanted...

Yet here I am and indeed I am the one enchanted so it would definitely seem. Why then would my power allow this? Can this not bring me... then it all made sense to Trebbits, his power was the reason he was enchanted and not another. The poison spell done to the rations would have harmed him and it was indeed very possible that if they could not unenchant him he would have no choice but to remain behind during the raid on the castle to protect NOT the others from him but to protect HIM from the magics of the Castle they were to attack. Trebbits suddenly felt very ill and alone. No one knew of his power and now it seemed it had once again not just tripped him but planted him in a position he very well may not be able to get out of. He sat dejected and feeling helpless, an expression that made his feelings all to clear showing on his face. He would have to tell them of his power and hope that some way could be found to cure him of the enchantment so he could travel on with them.

But would they ever truly know if they had removed the enchantment on him or would his power make them think it had been removed all the while leaving it in place to protect itself. Trebbits simply did not know.

:cry:

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Here is why I am mindlessly going through the motions....

An examination of the wound will show that the lady had earth and dirt matted in the wound. It wouls seem she was hit by something pulled out of the ground and to judge from the shape most probably a stone. Yet the stone was not left behind why? There are not too many stones on the floor of the forest but if you examine the area closely you will find one place where there are more than others.

(OOC to save you an obvious post I will tell you)

The tents have been placed where the ground is flattest and stones used to make it as flat as possible to enable you to sleep. So the place you will find the most stones is in the tents themselves.

Nothing will be found on anyone's equipment.

post number 84

CertifiableX

CertifiableX

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
I know, but Sonnaba's trying to be fair to Fadril and cover all bases. :)

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Fair enough... but in post #74 Trebbits had laid his things out for inspection already, so it had been checked prior to Malchiks posting the above about not finding anything with items carried.

:D

no matter, things move forward. :)

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Just in case clarification is needed... I am still very much having a blast and am very pleased to be a part of the Woodland Castle.. I don't want my above "frustration" to appear in any way otherwise. :) Still very happy to be with this group and simply was having a hectic morning and today is not the best but also needs to be a day we get things moving toward the goal etc :) So Trebbits rather took on the frustration of his "god" LOLOL and simply became exasperated at things moving still so slowly. I have tried to make it very possible for us to move ahead quickly by allowing for anyone who may be concerned to voice to Trebbits and have him perform up to three detect enchants on others and have them simply say they have themselves checked by Trebbits and then go on with what they think about the current mission. This will allow Malchik to simply post either, the three had no enchantments ... or so-n-so had one etc etc and then move us along from there.

From everything I have gathered the enchantment trouble is past but like I said if their are doubts it should now be easy to confirm them quickly without more time being dedicated to that but instead a plan and such brought together for our mission. We're stil doing great I think and now have a chance to bring things around to where our mission may yet work out if we can get our characters to work out how best they each compliment the other and how they as either one team or two can make the mission go their way!

Proud to be a part! All the best!

TW

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
RE: This Post http://forum.gamings...ndpost&p=130546

I was just trying to kind of account for everyone that was away from their keyboards through todays actions. I tried not to make any specific statements but rather observations but if anyone wishes me to alter what I wrote about their character during the events etc please just say so and I will be happy to do so. Just kind of wanted to account for everyone since today kinda went quick in a spurt of resolutions when several weren't able to be here for it.

This is also one of the reasons I am going to stick with Trebbits not knowing what to do in regard to planning, Trebbits had his 15 minutes of thread hogging LOLOL someone else jump in and get the planning off and runnin :D

All the best gang! I smell BATTLE on the morning air to come!!! :) or well maybe... might have just been the Khajiit after eating bad meat earlier.... fans the air in the direction of Cyborg.... :D

Kyr Kanos

Kyr Kanos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I have a favor to ask. If anyone is any good at art programs or drawing pictures, would it be at all possible to make a sort of map of the castle? I'm a visual person and I'm having a hard time forming a picture of the layout in my mind with Malchik's description. It's hard to try to plan an attack without some sort of idea of what it looks like, maybe we can even coordinate the look of the catacombs beneath.

I think it would help us all to agree on what the whole place looks like, are the catacombs a series of hallways? one big hallway? or a bunch of chambers filled with rocks and ruins? As a ruin I would assume the castle is not well lit inside, especially considering it's current occupants.

Personally I picture gray stone, like the castle color in Morrowind, with some serious holes and crumbled walls. The tunnels underneath I picture as dusty and very unkempt, though I'm undecided if there are tombs along the walls as there would be in regular catacombs. The halls I see as only wide enough to accomodate two imperials shoulder to shoulder and the ceiling is low, probably just above Sonnaba's head to the point that he would likely have to duck slightly to pass through doorways or under archs.

Again that is what I see and I think it's smart for all of us to agree on what it looks like so we don't get confused or start contradicting each other. So tell me, what do you all picture?

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
I'll try and come up with something pictuire wise, but we have no idea about the under belly of the thing yet since the Lady only mentioned Cellars... My thought is to get the group within range so we can see it, hopefully before Malchik signs off for the night tonight that way we can make our first approach tomorrow and get inside the ruins so he can give us that description when he is on mid-day for him. I am just trying to work out where we can post without needing him and post at time when we do need him that are compatible with when he can be around.

noon here right now and I am -7 gmt right now so 7pm there he'll be on again in about 4+ hours from what I gather so thought in that time we could collect what we need such as torch materials etc since there is bound to be sticks etc around a forested area I figure it goes without saying we can find that. He already made clear there was nothing of value which I kind of took to mean ingrediants as well... so no living vegitation really and such like that.

So I figure if we are able to post then do things like gathering or enchantings etc and then post your last post as so-n-so was ready to leave and went with the others as they headed in the direction of the ruins...

with all of us posting that as our last post of the day or making sure we are ready to post that when Malchik comes on then he can post how our trip goes and tell us we get there safe or we find this or that etc etc which then allows us to work on that while he is offline. Then in the morning when he checks in he can answer anything any of us brings up etc etc

Make sense?

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

I have a favor to ask. If anyone is any good at art programs or drawing pictures,

Something like....

Posted Image

Black area's are intact portions and the rest are ruined to the point of being easly climbed over and un-enterable from what I gather. Of course it will need to be seen by Malchik to see if the basics of it are correct.

The top right (North East) tower is the one with Stairs up to the room in it.

My quick guess anyway.

Oh and we do not know what is at the top, or on the North Side, of the ruin because the wall remains in tact. So would want to know whats there in case it has an entrance of some kind that the Lady did not know about. The rest of the area from what I gather is easily seen from the tower because the shrubs and vegitation has been burned away.

Cyborg16

Cyborg16

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Just to let you guys know, I've been reading the posts for over an hour now trying to catch up. Hopefully I'll get a post out in less than an hour (ignore the sarcasm).

Sorry for having been away for so long without warning. No excuse really... just didn't have a chance/didn't remember the last two days till it was late enough that I wanted to go to bed instead (plus my Grandad might not like me using his computer to post after he's gone to bed --- need broadband in my parents' house!).

Page loaded in: 0.991 seconds