Console does not work

Balagor

Can not open console

Having tried for several times and read the topics here, i simply give up. I do as descriped; I create a new shortcut and switch it to "C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe" -enabledeveloperconsole. Then I assign the key in the keybindings to ~. I start the game from the new shortcut, and nothing happens. Trouble is that i am sitting in DK with a DK keyboard. ~ is NOT placed in the left corner of the keyboard, and i have to press ALT GR+~ to activate it. Could that be a problem. I have tried to reassign the key to another key, but i did´t work either. Somebody please help. Thank you. :wallbash:

I got it solved myself. It is true that the command console only responds to the key in the upper left corner of the keyboard. On a DK keyboard it will be the ESC key. Having the keybindings changed for that, it worked. One more thing, one need to spell the key, not just enter it, when in the keybinding settings. Otherwise it won´t work. It will probably be the same issue all over Europe, since the keyboards changes from country to country. I hope this topic will be helpfull.

I got it solved myself. It is true that the command console only responds to the key in the upper left corner of the keyboard. On a DK keyboard it will be the ESC key. Having the keybindings changed for that, it worked. One more thing, one need to spell the key, not just enter it, when in the keybinding settings. Otherwise it won´t work. It will probably be the same issue all over Europe, since the keyboards changes from country to country. I hope this topic will be helpfull.

Thank you for reporting the solution, this might be helpfull to quite some pepole. (including for myself with a german keyboard layout)

Hope this can help. Please report from other countrys if this is a proplem. J´esperes c´est un petit aider. S´il vous plaitez repondez d´autres payes s´il y a la meme problemes avec le clavier et la console.

Very clear description, thank you for writing it down and summing it up, kudos to you !

i havent tried it myself becouse i didnt had time to play the game in the last days and i hadnt found the need to use the console anyway, but i read through it and i guess that should work just fine.

if you feel the need to you could write an article on it here: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/members/articles/post.php

so more pepole see it eventually =)

thank you Balagor!

I went through all the keys on my keyboard today. It seems that you can also use the the F-keys. Since the F5 to F12 are idle anyway, it will be possible to use one of them in the KeyBinding settings, and then get rid of the problem that you can´t toggle main menu as long as you are in console mode.

I will make a final description and upload it, as soon as i get the time.

Thats cool, maybe include also the remapping of the "Print Screen"-Key to one of the F-Keys becouse that one dosent work all the time for taking screenshots. :thumbsup:

That i will do in another topic. Otherwise it can´t be found through the title.

Thats cool, maybe include also the remapping of the "Print Screen"-Key to one of the F-Keys becouse that one dosent work all the time for taking screenshots. :thumbsup:

That i will do in another topic. Otherwise it can´t be found through the title.

Even better then :yes: