Photo

Discussion - The Haunted Well

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
209 replies to this topic

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Obviously heavily inspired by Thread_Whisperer idea, I did a little something to use for all ooc stuff etc.

The Haunted Well

Malchik - as - Campaign Manager
[Usual online hours: (UK time GMT) 6-8 am; 4-6 pm and midnight to 1 am]
(That is 1-2, 7-9, and 15-17 CET)
(and is 7-9, 17-18, and 23-1 PST)
(and is 10-12, 20-21, and 2-4 EST)
You can also use this link for timezone easyness: www.worldtimeserver.com

Current Players...
Nord Camp Group

Masurao - as - Garrick
Race: Altmer (Male)
Class: Battlemage
Timezone: GMT +1.00 in the Netherlands.

Morgoth - as - Wulfgar
Race: Nord (Male)
Class: Warrior
Timezone: CET (GMT+1), Hessia, Germany

Ismail - as - Ismail
Class: Warrior
Timezone: ?

Kheskeim - as - Ulf
Class: Mage
Backstory - More info/story
Timezone: CET (GMT+1), Malta - is online most of the day due to work and in general all the time

Alit Group

ominae - as - Zow
Race: Redguard (Male)
Class: Custom class
Char sheet/some info - Portrait
Timezone: GMT - 08:00 Pacific time (British Columbia, the first one on the site, Canada)

xavori - as - Ander
Race: Imperial (Male)
Class: Battlemage
(not active IC anymore)

Dew_Loc - as - Hadrio
Race: Redguard (Male)
Class: Thug
Backstory - Portrait

y2kewel - as - Darian
Race: Bosmer (Male)
Class: `Urban Rangerī

If you want me to put in a class or change anything else, just pm me or write in here of course.

Inventories

Name: Ismail Rondam
Race: Nord
Weapons: Rondam sword, dagger
Armour: Rondam chainmail and shield, gloves, boots.
Potions: none
Scrolls: none
Enchanted Items: Ring of Rondam
Other: some gold, torch, bedroll,... (classic equipment)

Ring of Rondam: Activated at will, surrounds wearer with invisible armor, making him invincible for 10 minutes or until he attacks (If gamemaster approves).

Name: Wulfgar
Race: Nord
Weapons: Silver War Axe
Armour: Nordic Chainmail, Oaken Roundshield
Potions: None
Scrolls: None
Enchanted Items: None
Other: None

Name: Ulf Vilhelmsbane
Race: Male Nord
Weapons: Staff of frost (frostball area effect)
Armour: None
Potions: 17 restore health, 15 restore magicka, 1 cure disease, 1 cure poison, 6 fire shield, 2 invisibility, 3 resist magic
Scrolls: 1 divine intervention, 3 third barrier shield, 2 fire shield, 1 chameleon
Enchanted Items: Silver Amulet of Foul Intellect (constant plus to int and minus to pers.)
Other: notebook and pen

Used: 3 restore health, 1 cure poison (Zow and Hadrio treatment: 1 of each))

Name: Garrick
Race: Altmer
Weapons: Skullsplicer, Nordic silver war axe
Armour: Nordic helm, Nordic sooth-covered cuirass, steel gauntlets, pauldrons, greaves and boots, Imperial shield
Potions: Restore Health 1, Restore Magicka 1, Invisibilty 1
Scrolls: Shield 1, Levitate 1
Enchanted Items: Skullsplicer (uncharged, ignores all damage resistance)
Other: several bags of raw ingredients

Name - Zow
Race - Redguard
Age - 27
Weapons - Long bow, Spear
Armor - Modified Dark Brotherhood Armor
Potions - 4 healing, 4 poison, 3 Magika Restoration
Scrolls - None
Enchanted Items - Goggles (Night eye), Ghillie Suite (Chameleon)[Acts as a robe: over armor]
Other - 3 lockpicks, 2 probes, 2 repair prongs, arrows

Name - Ander
Race - Imperial
Age - 32
Weapons - Two-handed mace
Armour - Iron platemail
Potions - Three Healing potions
Scrolls - None
Enchanted Items - None
Other - None

Name: Hadrio Sidosus
Race: Redguard
Weapons: Adamantium Machete; "Paincake" (large lead-nailed Histwood club)
Armour: Oversized, baggy boiled-leather shorts; boiled-leather/adamantium boots
Potions: 2 healing potions; 4 poison potions; 5 sujammas
Enchanted Items: Ancestral bandana - constant effect summon Ancestral Ghost when user is dealt serious blows, with strength inversely related to amount of user's health (folded neatly in back pocket)
Other: Many steel and flint shards

Name: Darian Embershot
Race: Bosmer
Weapons: Auriel's Bow, Ebony Wakizashi (former deadra).
Armour: Nect leather armor, insulated and oiled leather cloak.
Potions: 4 quality heal, 1 restore strength, 1 restore stamina
Other: light emitting amulet in a leather sheath, ring of minor heal, Steel arrows, silver arrows, and fire arrows. (hence the name, Embershot.) Fletching kit, armor and weapon repair kits.

Used or not with him anymore:
- Ebony dagger (is in the Alit)

Note: Remember all deadric equipment has turned into ebony.

ominae

ominae

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
Hey, by the way Darian has some changes to his info: daedric -> Ebony, and no more dagger. Also Ander is a battlemage.

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
got it - updated

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Good idea to highlight what Malchik needs to determine, although I don't know if he would prefer to find out what needs to be determined himself :)

I find it rather hard to roleplay these actions, as you really have to cover your ass if something goes wrong. Also the coordination part is somewhat comical sometimes hehe.

But fun it is.

ominae

ominae

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
Im sure Malchik will read it all over and determine for himself anyways, just trying to make it 'easier' lol.

Also I suggest everyone post in the character descriptions thread, so we all know each other more, (and how we act) just my 2 cents.

This is my first role play, and it is fun indeed. It difficult to assess the situation, especially when the area is not fully described. But that would be a lot more work for Malchik lol. For example: If there was a vally around the town, me and Ander would be able to easily see the signal. Things like weather too, just about anything can effect you.

Also with the current tactic we have going, I tried to plan it, like how you first suggested (by splitting up) so that each of us can do an action, and Malchik would be able to answer us all. Instead of waiting to do one action, then another; because Malchik can't update too, too often. This way we deal with the shack mad women, food, and (hopefully) Ooka, all together.

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Yea that was also part of my reasoning without taking away from the fact that it seemed smart to old Ulf aswell hehe.

My char has undergone some big changes since the start of this.. most of it is in the extensive backstory here: Backstory Ulf - but also in a lot of smaller ways.

I have tried to read up on what went on in the Drunken Alit with all your chars and also before than in the amazingly confusing all mixed up thread haha.
But I think if we have the time to do some IC hints and small references to this and that reg. our character, then it will all be more immersive. Since there is a danger to reading too much OOC stuff.. I think :)

Anyway, thanks for tonight, I am heading back home to sleep (at work) - it's pooty 8 am in the morning and I slept like 4 hours in the last 48 hours :-P

Hope the old hag bid us for tea and cookies (uncontaminated) and that you find some deers or other in the woods. Good luck and sleep well when it comes to it.

ps: will lurk in here later on today.. and do some more damage

ominae

ominae

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
Wow you need sleep, get at least 8 hours lol. Talk to you later then, hmmmm tea and cookies.

Masurao

Masurao

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
While I would not force the others to stop posting, I do believe it is a sign of courtesy to be a bit slower about the decision-making process. Ander protested at splitting up, for example, and I would have backed him up on that. Now more than half of our group is gone and the others had no say whatsoever in what happened. I do believe it was said that you should expect some slower posting and there is no harm in getting used to it: when a combat situation comes, you'll only get one post until Malchik updates. (This excludes some actions, but you only get one decent combat post ;))

Another point of contention is Ook and he told me up until now, the only two beside me who were present when I told Ulf about it, were Ulf and Wulfgar. (I believe) You haven't relayed that information to the others and neither did I, so no one knows why not to trust Ook at all, other than what Ulf said.

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
I agree. With an international rpg it can well mean only posting once per day. The RPGs I have seen work best when the players are in the same time zone or no more than an hour or so apart. Sometimes it is possible to have two groups in one rpg and they can be divided up along those lines. However this rpg states as a main objective that the competition is about team work. I will do my best to go along with what you post but do try to remember you are now eight trying to work together. Another comp requirement is 'adaptability'. Frustrating though it is, try to keep the time-line as logical as possible. We can assume some element of gossip not spoken in the thread but it looks better to account for it if you can. Anyhow - atm those in the house know nothing about what is happening in the shack and vice versa.

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Kheskeim awakans after sleeping 8 hours.. argh :)

Guys, I see your point OOC - it was a bit forced, I simply thought why not roleplay a bit with the guys that was awake and as it was their chars wanted to get the hell out of that house og so did mine. One of the things keeping Ulf sane is being busy and not feeling helpless as a pawn in a big game of blind chess. He was actually loosing some control in a post I wrote, just before Malchik updated with the blisters on Ulf arms.
Anyway, I guess it was a bit of a very late night and the timeframe of real life combined with the fact that ingame they have absolutely nothing to drink.

Ook told Garrick and Wulfgar, Garrick told Ulf. I don't think anyone else knows everything to the story. Wulfgar told them Ook had been assaulted, when he woke them up though. Ulf obviously put all his distrust in one basket - that of Ook's. Further he believes the house is cursed or enchanted and he feels he is suffocating in there. Zow would have left the house if the others had wanted it or not and so would his group with him, Ulf found it better to go with them as to not having them mess up the potential only lifeline they had - the mad woman. So he would have advocated this, nomatter what Garrick was told by Ook. (be refuses to believe it could have been any from the two groups)

Just a bit of info to level it up. I know we missed a good opportunity for a clash of oppinons between our chars there :) - but we will have to take that later now.

I will try to keep my pace down. But then I would also like to know more about the timescale in the game, is it still morning, is is night, is it foggy/sunny that sort of thing would often affect chars actions a lot imho. If it has been hours since Ulf woke up he will by this time be dehydrated to a high extent. Remember he had sweated heavily during sleep and continue to "heat up". That is and will obviously affect both his judgement and his actions. :)

Okay back to the story.

Page loaded in: 1.109 seconds