Photo

Discussion - The Cursed Monastery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

nielsmajere

nielsmajere

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just felt we should follow suit, and create our own Monastery thread just as the other groups have. We can discuss plans ect. freely in here.

Tiramir

nielsmajere

nielsmajere

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Here's the final version of the map, with outlines, Malchiks suggested changes, and better lighting. I hope you all like it :D .

Attached Files

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
Not bad the only two things I'd change is the section south of the monastery is two blocks one on either side of the road leading to the monastery church and the inner wall is entire of itself. At present you are using the western, southern and northern outer walls for both. It is a wall within a wall with a small gap bewteen them.

Huh that sounds patronising. I didn't mean 'not bad' I meant very good!

aridale

aridale

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
Nice! I cant really read it cause of the cursive font but it looks good.

nielsmajere

nielsmajere

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I realised from the slight blur, and the cursive it might be hard to read, so I've mapped out a sort of top to bottom order here... (hope it helps)

Northe Gate
Garth
Bronze Door
Monastary Church
West Gate ---- Road --- East Gate
Inner Wall ---- Refectory
Southern Door
Infirmary
South Gate

nielsmajere

nielsmajere

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Well everyone, now that we've solved the mystery, I was hoping we could use the off-topic threads more often to make our planning for the assault easyer...

Darak Shadowblade

Darak Shadowblade

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Well everyone, now that we've solved the mystery, I was hoping we could use the off-topic threads more often to make our planning for the assault easyer...

Not much time to post, today: I'll write something this evening.
Anyway I read Tiramir's official post about strategy and I agree more or less.
In the meanwhile, assume I agree with you on major decisions.
See you this evening,
--
Darak

nielsmajere

nielsmajere

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Ok I've posted my current strategy "plans" here.

Shaken though he was by the discovery, Tiramir's spirits were renewed by Crimson's words, and the prospect of bringing vengeance to the Daedra scum. "Unlike you fighters perhaps, I am at the full extent of my power in open spaces, where I have no fears of striking friendly troops. As I am not the only spell caster, and it appears a few of us have some skill with a bow, I propose we "scale the walls". However, I believe we can take this to a greater level with the use of levitation - either through spells or potions. If we could make our way through the gate to the northern wall, I believe we could simply glide to the enemies. We sorcerers could provide shields as well as pin the Daedra with our spells. When the warriors finally make it across, we could do much the same as what one does when boarding a ship. We would spill into the Garth, and overrun their defenses. From here we could make our way to the stones. During the entire battle, my summoned creatures, and Marissa's healing spells will play across all aspects of the assault. Secondly, I agree with Crimson. Not only would fighting in the crypts put us in a bottle neck, but few of us are armed with silver weaponry, and a vampire bite can often prove much more devastating than any Dremora's axe." Turning to Abbot Diane he asks her, "Lui and I can bestow upon the group a number of potions - I have some skill in the art, and a monk is bound to have left his mortar somewhere in this place. Perhaps you too could provide us with more." Facing now all those present he adds, "We must also collect any silver weapons we can find, as, should the vampires come to reinforce the Daedra, the blades will be a great asset to our cause." On the verge of plunging into the battle already, Tiramir concluded he could be of best use in his alchemy, and as he leaves to find an apparatus, he motions Crimson and Frouth to begin the search of armaments.

This was my orginal plan, however, I just added a few changes. Please comment so we can improve it - this is quite a ruff (and brutish) form of strategy and it needs to be refined...

Though satisfied with what he perceived to be a solid battle plan, Tiramir was disturbed by the sudden thought of what would happen, should the Daedra forces prove to be too powerful. A massacre, that’s what... Fortunately, the thought occurred to him that by simply integrating a level of subterfuge into their assault, such a doom might be evaded. "After analyzing my initial ideas, I would like to make two major additions. Firstly, any form of chameleon or cloak will be invaluable as, during our crawl along the northern wall, we will be helpless before enemy fire. Secondly, and perhaps more difficult to execute of the two, is an undercover pair. Two persons who will approach the enemy’s defensive position with stealth, hoping to warn the direct attackers of hazards, as well as to perhaps cause a certain level of confusion just before the attack strikes." Hoping his insights had improved their chances of success, Tiramir awaited the thoughts and actions of his companions.

Here's the second part - an attempt at including some secrecy into our assault.

elftor

elftor

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
we could always try a flanking maneuver. the mages go for the wall with shield spells and summoned creatures. the enemy thinks that is our force and we are scaling the walls. if we put enough pressure on them comming from the wall they'll call up reserves from the crypt. then the fighters, which do better in bottlenecks because they are protected on three sides, can make thier way through the crypt and flank the enemy.

Darak Shadowblade

Darak Shadowblade

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

"Darak, what do your elven eyes see?"

[ooc]someone just HAD to work that quote in huh? Man thats got to be the lamest line from LotR =)[/ooc]

Actually, I like quoting, as long as it fits in the context, like in this case. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I hid a major quote in one of my previous post as well. Can anybody find it? ;)
Live long and prosper,
--
Darak

Page loaded in: 1.506 seconds