A Few Issues

m3rr

Alright

So I was about to hit landfall and Was in camp.

I wanted to play with some MODS so I downloaded a Few also made a Backup of my save of course

Now here's the issue

I started using a Mod and after much difficulty realized I couldn't even Leave the camp to goto the world map

Thought to my self

" Ok , so it must be a mod "

I removed ALL MODS

and I couldn't leave the camp still

" Alright " I said

" I'll have to see what else I can do here "

I cleared out override , I made sure no Addins were present , I updated to 1.01

Nothing , Still couldn't get to World Map

So , then I was left with one option

Re-Install

So I re-installed the game

And now! I can't even load the save game

it says

" Unable to Load Module "

this is my back up that has NO Mod's attached

Do I have any option to fix this?

In the Mean time I'm going to play with some mods at the Start of the game

And see if I can use them or if I'm a Mod-idiot. I also see this as an opportunity to try a New Path

However would greatly like to finish my last Story Arc

Try to go in your savings folder and delete the Story.XML, but before you do that make a copy on a flash key or a disc. The backup copy has to be away from the computer, otherwise DA.exe will read it. I don´t know if it works, but it is worth some efforts.

Try to go in your savings folder and delete the Story.XML, but before you do that make a copy on a flash key or a disc. The backup copy has to be away from the computer, otherwise DA.exe will read it. I don´t know if it works, but it is worth some efforts.

Thanks for the Suggestion

Unfortunately I can't find any File on my PC called "Story.XML"

I have a Piece of Software that does a Real Time Index of my Systems Files

Nothing Called Story

I have a file in my Save game

Named after my character . XML

Is that the one your talking about?

No, it´s not that. But in the same folder called "Characters" and then your characters name, you should have a folder called "saves" and in that folder you can find another folder having the name of your corrupted savegame, Inside that folder should be a "Story.XML"

No, it´s not that. But in the same folder called "Characters" and then your characters name, you should have a folder called "saves" and in that folder you can find another folder having the name of your corrupted savegame, Inside that folder should be a "Story.XML"

No , Nothing called Story.XML anywhere to be found.. Hmmmm

Ok. You better start all over. Keep your corrupt savegame in a save place. Then run the "clear temp files". You can do that from the start up console with the "Configure" button.

Then delete the folder with your characters name. Should be in: C:\Docs & Settings\MyName\Documents\Bioware\DragonAge\Characters

Maybe even do a reinstall, and remeber a reinstall does´nt clean up. It´s important that you clean up all temp files/savings and if you had the updater installed reinstall that also, that holds temp files too.

Thats the location where the story.xml should be, under WinXP, it has the name of your character in front of it.

But from what i read it seems your install is somehow messed up.

Is it a download version or a retail install? Have you messed with the Toolset?

If you can i would say try a complete uninstall and then check for leftover files in your

"C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age" Folder,

in fact the Dragon Age Folder should be gone with the uninstall too. If not delete it.

When all is cleared then reinstall the game, it should work. if not then something else is messed up.

I just would not know what exactly.

well i dunnow if that helps somehow, but thats my 2 cents, good luck.

Ok. You better start all over. Keep your corrupt savegame in a save place. Then run the "clear temp files". You can do that from the start up console with the "Configure" button.

Then delete the folder with your characters name. Should be in: C:\Docs & Settings\MyName\Documents\Bioware\DragonAge\Characters

Maybe even do a reinstall, and remember a reinstall does´nt clean up. It´s important that you clean up all temp files/savings and if you had the updater installed reinstall that also, that holds temp files too.

Alright

So I've uninstalled

Save files deleted

All files Deleted

Through the uninstaller

So When it starts up again I'll use the launcher and tell it to clear temp files

It's in the progress of installing now as we speak

So let's try this again eh

I sincerely hope this works

I'd like to get back to playing

edit

I've taken a look into configure all I have the option to clear anywhere is Download Cache

at least that I can find

By the Console you mean the Splash screen that starts up when you pop in the CD

right?

Maybe even do a reinstall, and remember a reinstall does´nt clean up. It´s important that you clean up all temp files/savings and if you had the updater installed reinstall that also, that holds temp files too.

Alright

So I've uninstalled

Save files deleted

All files Deleted

Through the uninstaller

So When it starts up again I'll use the launcher and tell it to clear temp files

It's in the progress of installing now as we speak

So let's try this again eh

I sincerely hope this works

I'd like to get back to playing

edit

I've taken a look into configure all I have the option to clear anywhere is Download Cache

at least that I can find

By the Console you mean the Splash screen that starts up when you pop in the CD

right?

I hope too. Yes i meen that screen.