"Difficulty curve, what's that?"

Evildude298

Ok, hi guys. I'm new here as is evident by my post count. I just want to say off the bat that I love Morrowind. It's hands down the best RPG I've ever played. Oblivion was good, but it's no comparison. At first I didn't like it, but then I gave it a real go. Brilliant. The story: One of the most epic and deep in video game history. I get chills when I think about it. It's that good. Then I got the expansion packs Bloodmoon and Tribunal. I played Bloodmoon first. Initial impression: Outstanding. What a brilliant expansion pack. The snowy island was the perfect setting. The werewolf story, while not as deep or interesting as the Morrowind story was satisfying.

Or at least I'd think it was satisfying if the end quest wasn't so damn hard.

What the hell? The entire game was a walk in the park up until the last quest. (Not counting the mission in the cave where you pick a partner.) The comparison between the werewolves in the final mission and the ones prior to that is like cutting through butter, then hitting a wall made out of tungsten and fangs and growly noises. Does anyone else have this problem? Because I am in quite a rut. I don't have a save game before doing the last quest, so I can't really just train some more. My character has a glass cuirass with dark brotherhood stuff and a daedric dai-katana. Do you really ask more of me, game? Are you punishing me for abusing the boots of blinding speed glitch?

I ask again, does anyone else have this problem?

TL;DR: Bloodmoon was way too easy up until the last quest.

This is why we have potions. Make some good ones, and drink 'em all! Their effects stack, unlike in Oblivion, and you can get pretty darned powerful in a hurry.

Hint: raise your INT and make a potion that raises INT, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat, and soon all of your potions made with that super-high INT will be almighty god juice. Make some fortify attack & strength & endurance potions while so souped up, and then those werewolves won't know what hit 'em.

Luck potions work too, as mentioned above. Make sure to give all of your potions a distinct name so they'll absolutely stack.

To the first guy: Thanks. Didn't think luck did poo.

The second guy: Well, I would try that, but I can't get any ingredients to make the potions seeing as the last quest transports you to a place you can't get out of with virtually nothing of any use except the ground. -.- Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try that with some other characters if I'm ever in this situation again.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

playing a caster is easy as hell

you can simply create a mega rigged spell(100 - 100 dmg for 100 ft for 3 seconds anyone?) then unleash hell

on topic: your screwed for lack of a better word let that be a lesson to you ALWAYS have ATLEAST 1 save before what your currently doing but that isnt TOO far back

• 1 month later...

I definitely had the same problem you did. The final quest of Bloodmoon was ridiculous. Fortunately, I had a save before I went in. I loaded that up after seeing what was in store for me and went back to Vvardenfell to get loads of Sujamma. I took the brutish-strength-inducing alcohol back to Solstheim with me and gave those Werewolves what for. If you can find some way to get out of that situation you're in (Mark and Recall? Divine or Almsivi Intervention?), then I'd suggest getting yourself some Sujamma to boost your strength. If you're a melee character, of course. If not, make tons of Fortify Intelligence potions or something to make yourself better.

If you think Bloodmoon's end is hard, wait until you see the entirety of Tribunal... boy, was that ever a chore to get through.

By the way, what is the Boots of Blinding Speed glitch of which you speak? Sounds like fun.

• 1 year later...

I definitely had the same problem you did. The final quest of Bloodmoon was ridiculous. Fortunately, I had a save before I went in. I loaded that up after seeing what was in store for me and went back to Vvardenfell to get loads of Sujamma. I took the brutish-strength-inducing alcohol back to Solstheim with me and gave those Werewolves what for. If you can find some way to get out of that situation you're in (Mark and Recall? Divine or Almsivi Intervention?), then I'd suggest getting yourself some Sujamma to boost your strength. If you're a melee character, of course. If not, make tons of Fortify Intelligence potions or something to make yourself better.

If you think Bloodmoon's end is hard, wait until you see the entirety of Tribunal... boy, was that ever a chore to get through.

By the way, what is the Boots of Blinding Speed glitch of which you speak? Sounds like fun.

i don't think it's a glitch so much as an exploit; wear constant effect magic items with resist Magicka effects to eliminate the blinding effect on the boots, now you have 200 free athletics.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
There's also rebalancing mods for both Tribunal and Bloodmoon on Nexus. The expansions were meant for high-level, kill-dagoth-ur-in-one-blow players, so attempting anything (escpecially in Bloodmoon) below level, say, 45, is gonna be crap. The rebalancing mods help with that... a bit.