archmage robe winterhold college

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Boristus

Boristus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I know that there are already a number of replacer mods for the Archmage's Robes, but none of them are quite what I'm looking for.

When I was trying to figure out what bugged me about the robes, I went and compared all of the robes (Novice through Master) next to it, and realized that the Archmage's Robes themselves are just a recolored Expert/Master's Robes (in a unique White on Black color scheme) with a really ugly fur-mantle on top.

2m35ron.png

Would it be possible for someone to remove the mantle, so that the Archmage's Robes are just the recolored Expert/Master robes? I'd try it myself, but I assume it would mean playing around with the contents of the BSA files, something I can't open (can't get the Unpacker to work).

EDIT: Thinking about the wording, maybe it would be easier to remove the mantle textures from it's texture file, and then apply them to the Expert/Master robe model? Whichever way is easier.

Edited by Boristus, 03 May 2014 - 02:59 AM.

Gerandirr

Gerandirr

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Upon installing the mod Actualize Apparel and entering your game, you can go to a forge, and craft a set of stylish archmage robes without that unsightly mentle.

You have the option to get the enchanted version, a non-magical version, and ofcourse the original one with, or without it's enchantment, and many more interesting clothes and armors.

I know it's not 100% the thing you've asked for, but I think this is as good as it gets.

You could roleplay, and say you just removed the mentle. Do what you feel like.

Have fun.

GrommashHellscream

GrommashHellscream

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I rarely play as a mage but when I do I don't want to wear a damn poncho. I support this idea. Hopefully it gets done.

Boristus

Boristus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I had a little bit of success with texture replacing, but, well...

2rgom0x.png

Jokerine

Jokerine

Longer Monger

• Account closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,728 posts

So you just want to have the master robes replace the archmage's? Tthat should be easy to make.

EDIT: I had some time so I swapped the meshes of the male archmage robe without hood with the master robes, and fiddled with the textures so they'd match. Here's a screenshot. Please note that I recolored the shirt to be a darker grey after I took the screenshot (it's no longer greenish), and the satchel strap texture has been darkened a bit.

1118c2d.jpg

You can download the files here - just meshes and textures. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted, but I'll leave them here just in case :smile:

Edited by Jokerine, 04 May 2014 - 09:16 PM.

Boristus

Boristus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

That's perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

ggrriimm

ggrriimm

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

can you re-upload it please, it doesn't load anymore or upload it in nexus mods. I really like your work. I've been searching for this.

Edited by ggrriimm, 07 April 2017 - 12:43 PM.

Markazorax

Markazorax

• Premium Member
  • 12 posts
Could anyone re-upload this or add to nexus? This is literally perfect!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archmage, robe, winterhold, college

Page loaded in: 1.072 seconds