Hello friends!

I've notice that my characters in most of my playthroughs doesn't master the Enchanting skill. However they do have a lot of gold.

So I was thinking about this mod. Sorta like adding an NPC to let's say the College of Winterhold (since they are mages they could offer this service) that, for a sum of gold, will enchant your gear/weapons. Obviously this would need a lot of balancing.

When you talk to the NPC you can ask him to enchant your gear. When you ask him to enchant your gear an interface will open (the same an enchanting table uses).

You would be able to select which piece of armor/weapon you want to enchant and then you would have ALL the enchantments available. However you will also have them sorted by LEVEL and instead of asking you for a soul gem it will ask you a sum of gold.

For example:

1 - I go and talk to the NPC and ask him to enchant my gear.

2 - The interface opens

3 - I choose my weapon, lets say its a 2h axe.

4 - Then I select the enchantment window and I have ALL the enchantments by level (Paralysis I, Paralysis II, Paralysis III, Paralysis IV, Frost Damage I, Frost Damage II, Frost Damage III, Frost Damage IV, ...) Each level would make the enchantment more powerful (say 20%) but also MORE expensive (for balancing issues)

5 - Once you decide which enchantment you want for your weapon it will ask you for say 3000 gold and if you have them BOOM! there you have it, your weapon is enchanted.

6 - If you want to add another enchantment to an already enchanted item this would cost more gold.

Now I don't know how doable is this mod since sadly I do not know a thing about modding but I think it's a pretty neat idea if you don't want to level enchanting for role playing issues or if you are just lazy. Also this mod would add a lot more immersion to the College since I believe it is a service a mage should offer.

• 1 month later...