Barilzar is missing, so I can't do any more main questline

trog69

That's about the gist of it. Now, I went through there much earlier and might have killed Barilzar then, before the quest was initiated, so no Mazed Band on it. I don't know. But even getting one via console and repeated dropping and picking it back up didn't get anywhere. It could also be due to something glitched/unfinished in the Overhaul mod collection I have installed.

So I guess what I need is the way to get the quest updated through the console. How can I find the code needed to do that?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I also used the "Reset Actors"-RA console code, with no results.

I'm calling it done. After advancing the quest through the journal, neither Dren nor Hler act as though I've found Barilzar or the Mazed Band, even if I cheat one into my inventory. As before, dropping and re-grabbing it doesn't change things, either.

Unless someone knows why Barilzar doesn't show up, maybe because they didn't finish it in the Overhaul mods, then I'm not worrying about it. Had a blast replaying this game with the gorgeous and vivid Overhaul graphics collection. I couldn't ask for a better return to the glory of Morrowind.

• 11 months later...

Try typing in the console placeatpc "Barilzar" 1,20,1. If that dosnt work try finding out what his ID is, and type that in in place of his name inside the quotes. You can probobly find his ID on the internet. Then you will get a diologue box, and he will try and kill you. Then you take the ring and keep going. The reason why just cheating the ring in didnt work is because the journal entry (which is what progresses you in the quest) is added upon you killing him, not obtaining the ring.

Hope this helped