Photo

Just A Huge Good Job

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
I just wanted to say that though some of the stories (including the woodland castle) got off to a bit of a rocky start and through the chaos of the beginning thread etc I have to say I was happy to be a part of this from start to finish. You have ALL done some great work and so many have shown huge improvement. I am VERY glad I am not a judge in this thing. I have taken great pleasure in browsing around the various stories and have had a blast participating in the Abbey and Woodland Castle stories. The enjoyment comes from sharing the fun of writing with fellow writers and story tellers.

To all those who had this as their first time in Forum RP'ing may I just say I hope to see many of you continue on in RP's as I have enjoyed the characters you have created. Many memorable characters and many great posts. Truly has been a lot of fun. Though I wish the best of luck to the other members of the Woodland Castle story since I have spent more time with them and everything, I do wish all of you good luck in this the final day of the contest.

I do not wish to suck up at all but Malchik believe me I will be making a special post for you when all this is done, so please don't think I have forgotten your enormous roll in all this, so for simplicity, just Thanx for the time and dedication you have given this to create a great base for writers to build on, and more.

GOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
I must say Whisp...your the first one I seen to get his legs broken :P

but indeed congratz and kudos to everyone, even with my experience of Forum RPing I have found it difficult due to timezones and of course a certain DM's mishaps and deadline...not naming anyone...honest

but indeed, everyone has done a good job, just wished we all had enough time was all

*curses the judges and their antics then realises they are ones choosing the winner*

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
haha great fun indeed it has been! Thanks to all involved, Malchik especially.

Would be happy to partake in something else on this board, once the dust settles after all the doomsday devices go off and everyone are killed. (some a second time)

thesilentpyro

thesilentpyro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Nah man, we're going to beat this thing! But really, it's been a blast, and I hope it's been that way for everyone.

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
LOL yeah got poor Trebbits in trouble on that one but it was great fun even if it did make Malchik say "little punk, I'll show him :P " LOLOLOL

It has been a blast and I have enjoyed reading along some of the other stories as well and plan to read them all in the days ahead. Have also been thinking it is about time to do another little story of my own again too... maybe after a little while I will get things under way for one in the RP section of these boards. :D

Again all the best wishes to everyone and congrats on a job well done for all. And Malchik I posted to your praises in your thread about shouting LOL ;) but just can't say enough for the time you gave this even though your real life scheduel was utter chaos through-out the event. Excellent man, just excellent!

TW

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Thank you again to everyone, especially Malchik who did a herculean job, Dark One & Thread Whisperer. I would like to remind everyone that there is a Character Portrait thread where you can add any kind of portrayal of your character that you would like .... Morrowind TESCS, your character built in MW & then screenshot in the game or Hero Builder program are good....but anything from a photograph you like to freehand drawing is great.

We encourage everyone to add some kind of pic of their RP character to this thread because there is a plan later on to re-invent these characters in TESCS & portray the story within MW....or better yet, wait until Oblivion's construction set & make them there. We would like to include as many of your exciting characters as possible. Thanx!

:excl:

Evaeril

Evaeril

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Baraka, if you made a mod of this RPG, and included the lake island characters, I would be the first to get it. And if it was actually good, I would love you forever.

Yeknom

Yeknom

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
:D Thread_Whisperer, it does not surprise me at all that you would come up with this new thread! I "know" you from the Rethan Manor site as well as many other sites you are on. To tell the truth, when I saw your name here, I thought, "Well, there goes any chance of ME winning this thing!" I say that because I already knew that you are an excellent writer and very dedicated to whatever you do.

After a while I also saw MANY, many folks here who are awesome writers and RPGr's (Is that a word? I don't think so.) This was so much fun, and I don't get many challenges in my life, so that made it special to me!

Love you all, and best of luck to EVERYONE!!!

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Thank you for your kind encouragement in the mod-making idea, Evaeril & for that I will start with your Lake Island thread....I'm thinking I should make each thread a small seperate mod but let people know that they are all related - perhaps make a basic large mod including an area map that they all can plug into. Would probably be much easier for download that way.

I hope you Lake Island characters included your char portraits in that thread - I have taken screenies of the pics there already to insert in TESCS.

Anyone else interested by this modding plz let me know your thread & incluede as many char pics in the portraiture thread here as possible.

;D :) :D

ps-I will add to Yeknom's praise that I have "known" Thread-Whisperer" since back to the Morrowindfiles.com days & also have ultimate respect for his fine writing & character. I would gladly participate in any venture he puts his name to.

aka = cedarlilly wynde (from a website far, far away & long, long ago...)

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

:D Thread_Whisperer, it does not surprise me at all that you would come up with this new thread! I "know" you from the Rethan Manor site as well as many other sites you are on. To tell the truth, when I saw your name here, I thought, "Well, there goes any chance of ME winning this thing!" I say that because I already knew that you are an excellent writer and very dedicated to whatever you do.

After a while I also saw MANY, many folks here who are awesome writers and RPGr's (Is that a word? I don't think so.) This was so much fun, and I don't get many challenges in my life, so that made it special to me!

Love you all, and best of luck to EVERYONE!!!

Aw man, thanx very much even if your words are way to kind, I appreciate them a great deal. I think you under rate yourself though by fearing my being part of the competition :) I am just a hobby writer and make tons of goofs and fubars that usually take me about 6 edits to "almost fix" LOL I think everyone that was a part of this did a great job and to be honest was glad to see that I didn't win, even though I would have very much enjoyed the game I would have felt very bad for winning in this just because there were so many very good writers and many of them new to RP'ing and such and I would have felt badly at having won because of doing this kind of thing for so very very long so seemingly having an advantage etc. I was very glad that the judges weighted that like "hey this joker has been doing this 20+ years and still screws up this and that" LOL made it VERY fair and ended up with a very deserving winner :)

Anyway again all the best to everyone and special best wishes for you Baraka with your modding thougths about the contest threads etc. I wish you the best of luck in doing those :D

TW

Page loaded in: 0.941 seconds