Can't Interact with Certain People/Items

velociraptor24

• 2 months later...

Was experiencing the exact same thing, and google led me to this topic. So glad to see that there's a solution that doesn't require me to start a new game after so many hours put into this run.

For me, I had to disable and re-enable animations, then talk to the offending NPC / use the object that didn't work, prior to disabling again. If I just did disable-enable-disable without talking to the NPC, they'd remain "unusable".

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, but in my case it's because of Requiem.

I'm trying to make this mod work for a days, but couldn't find a solution, yet. And I know it's because of requiem, because I've already deactivated all other mods

and started a new game.

Strangely, I'm probably the only one having this problem, since I found the bug neither on requiem official bug list nor anywhere else.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue, but in my case it's because of Requiem.

I'm trying to make this mod work for a days, but couldn't find a solution, yet. And I know it's because of requiem, because I've already deactivated all other mods

and started a new game.

Strangely, I'm probably the only one having this problem, since I found the bug neither on requiem official bug list nor anywhere else.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Same issue here, also with requiem. you are not alone :/

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have any solution I can share. But! I removed the Animations mod, and nothing bugged out since. It's only been less than two days, though, so it might still happen if it's not the cause.

The bad news - in case you haven't figured it out yet - is that once this happens, there's no way to fix it. It's something that went wrong and is sitting in your savegame. If it's an important item or NPC, the best you can do is start a new game. It sucks, I know. I did it at least 5 times in last 2 weeks. Tens of hours wasted. I am hoping I found the cause.

P.S. If it really is Animations, deactivating the "block activation" setting (basically selecting the safe of the two options) might work.

I had the same problem, but after poking around for some time I figured it out. And there is a way how to fix broken npcs/items and you don't need to turn off block activation permanently or reinstall the mod. However the bug may appear again sometimes, but when you know how to fix it it is not really that bad. I made a short video about how to fix it.

i Need help with my skyrim ist really wierd all the sudden i cant interact with Lydia anymore like at all i mean i can see her health bar but thats it her Name is not even displayed beneath it i can interact with every one and every Thing else normally its just her not even if i kill and resurrect her.oh yeeah and when i kill her i cant loot her

Edited by captaingree100

i Need help with my skyrim ist really wierd all the sudden i cant interact with Lydia anymore like at all i mean i can see her health bar but thats it her Name is not even displayed beneath it i can interact with every one and every Thing else normally its just her not even if i kill and resurrect her.oh yeeah and when i kill her i cant loot her

Are you using Sneak Tools?

• 8 months later...

Thank you so very much Octopuss, this was the cause of my issue too. Turning off Block Activation, turning it back on, and then back off again fixed the broken npcs for me. I wasn't able to continue Dawnguard or Thieves guild due to this bug, thanks to you I don't need to pull my hair out any further in trying to find the cause.

I have had this exact problem plaguing my save I lost the ability to talk to Lydia, Ria, Tolfdir (Luckily after the main quest) the Inn keeper in Winterhold, Mathies in Falkreath, It has also happened to random objects such as tables, benches and clutter like potions, It happens to my followers all the time aswell and the only way to fix it is to reload a save before it happened, Im most likely going to encounter more and I just hope it won't interfere with a main quest. But come to think of it this problem happened as soon as I got Animations I will remove it right away, I know it won't fix my already bugged npcs but hopefully it will prevent this from happening in the future.

It's caused by the Animations mod, specifically by one of its features, but there's a setting to it which you can change to something more safe, so you don't need to uninstall it. It's something about activating objects. I tried it and it worked. Give it a try before you uninstall the mod, it would be a shame to get rid of it.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, SOLVED IT

Edited by ajuanjojjj