Photo

It's Over Bar The Shouting.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
A couple of threads are ending later today (tomorrow for some) to let everyone finish and make their final farewells in the threads. One or two have finished or simply stopped. The fallen statue will go on for a few more days at the request of the participants. But I wanted to say that you have all been great and understanding that role plays with 56 participants in, at its height, 10 different threads are not as easy as they sound. I enjoyed it hugely and hope some of you will join in much more relaxed rpgs in future. I'll be running one when Oblivion fever has abated.

Some of you were new to rpg and made mistakes at the beginning but quickly found form. And the teams bonded even after the occasional rocky start. So if I don't see you again in the RP my best wishes to you all.

Ciao!

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
It's been a learning experience aswell as great fun. Seeing this many good RPers in one place just brings out good feelings in an old RPer. :)

As said before in other places, extremely well done Malchik - beers are on me until you drop!

ps: I will stay around and look for other interesting stories to partake in

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
you heard the man...all beers on him...so leave your wallets at home lads...and ladies :P

I must say very well done for those that have arranged such an event, I know myself it isn't easy to do this sort of thing yet everyone has enjoyed it and so have I, I just like how so many differences can come together and create something great no matter how many different threads

I also must say, I don't think Malchik and the rest of the group expected this many people to show :P which also made it interesting to watch them keep on top of everything and such

also I think a great Thanks is in order to Thread_Whisperer since if it wasn't for his ideas, most of us would have gone without an OOC thread and such ;)

and as a final word from a rambler, thanks to those in the mercenary camp and burning tower thread, without such diversity, I think the RP would have grown dull and boring by page 2...yet we've been able to stick together without throttling each other (even though we do agree Malchik's ISP should be throttled countless number of times)

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
and to add to my ramblings, I hate my computer >_<

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

and to add to my ramblings, I hate my computer >_<

So finally Kane met an opponent he couldn't handle? :D

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
lol my computer is literally my nemesis...I'm surprised it hasn't attacked me when I sleep at night...luckily though threatening to chuck it out the window or into the bin seems to put it in order :D

Thread_Whisperer

Thread_Whisperer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Hey Malchik, awesome man, just awesome, you pulled it off inspite of the circumstances with your real life and timing and all the troubles etc. Simply must still say to you that you are a pillar of tollerance and stamina in the face of huge situations. All the very best and my many many thanx for a job not only well done but VERY VERY well done! Hats off man, way to go and very glad to hear that in the end you too had fun!!!

Was a great pleasure to be a part of it all, I had a very good time and look forward to ending the Woodland Castle with some new friends that I hope will hang around to find new stories to even further their characters or to start new ones etc.

Congrats on what I would call a great success everyone!

TW

nielsmajere

nielsmajere

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
This was a brand new experience for me, and a fun one at that. A "die hard" 3 year D&D fan, my recent deprivation of role-playing (thanks to where I currently live) has been gnawing at me for months. But this has been a great way to release that inner demon, and though it sounds silly, when I play Morrowind, I turn on my computer every now and then just to give it a run. But with this, every time I got back from school, or woke up in the morning, I would race to my computer to check what was new. I really appreciate what you've done Malchik, and I would like to take part in any future RP's should they spring up.

Cheers

Darak Shadowblade

Darak Shadowblade

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I really enjoyed this experience. I was new to forum RPG as well (and I made some major mistakes in my first posts, but I hope everybody forgave me :blush:: after that I've been a good sport :rolleyes:) but I appreciated very much Malchik's efforts to keep all the threads up and running (and there were many of them).
I'll probably continue to follow this forum (although at a slower pace ;)) mainly because I would like to reform the guild I spoked about in the competition, the Crimson Blades, from the old Daggefall days.
And, of course, I can't wait to get my hands on Oblivion :D
Cya soon everybody: live long and prosper
--
Darak

karkarinus

karkarinus

Lurker in the Deep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
I too am new to forum RPGs, and although not perfect I hope I've at least played correctly. I agree with nielsmajere about rushing to see what was new at evey opportunity. This is a living, breathing adventure that I haven't experienced since AD&D sessions on Sunday mornings back in the days of yore.

Can we do another one while I save up for a more powerful computer to play Oblivion on?

Aaaw, go on. :D

Page loaded in: 0.961 seconds