Photo

It's Over Bar The Shouting.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

gnaag

gnaag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
Wonderfull experience. If only it wasn't so big time-eater. :)

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
I am being asked to do another rpg. I have said I will but unless enough of you want to extend this with another challenge I think a completely new one will be better so I'll set one in my fantasy world of Zorlon. In the past I gave the players characters to role play. This worked fine if they liked them and it is still going (would have ended in this last fornight I suspect but I was a tad busy elsewhere).

Now I too have more experience I can allow the players choice of name, type, skills etc. However the races are different from MW. Go and have a look at the start up thread. I'll take up to 16 players in two threads. I am not insisting on more than one post every two days, so the speed will seem very slow after the last one. The commitment is also less. Of course you will be able to post as often as you wish provided you don't do anything that requires a response from anyone but the DM. The rpg won't actually start for a couple of weeks but show interest now as it will be on a first come first served basis. It will be a long term rpg. Of course no one can foretell the future. But don't apply to join if you know now you will have to give it up after a month or anything like that. It is unfair on the other players. So have a look at the thread which will appear later today and see what you think.

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
"Hats off & weapons raised to each & every member of this rockin' RP experience" intones Justun F. Thyme as he reaches into his sack & pulls out a large magnum bottle of High Rock Cherry Brandy .... as well as a light green stone cup that he keeps pulling inner cup after cup after cup out of until each RP member here has a smackily-good dose of delicate Cherry Brandy to toast each other with.
I Baraka intone my sincerest THANKS to Thread-Whisperer for allowing us to join The Mercenary Camp & The Fallen Statue after our late arrival from the Summerset Isle.... Justun elaborately weaves his own grateful thoughts to Thread-Whisperer & Malchik for their excellent guidance through this massive & herculian adventure RP. We look forward now at our leisure to reading the other threads besides our own in this wonderful action story.

Justun opens his belt-pouch and ruts around in it for a moment .... while he says "Some grateful momentos that I must bestow upon our gracious & patient leaders here..." He withdraws a Purpleish/Azure pearlized = handled dragonscale throwing dagger - it's blade serated near the tip & made of the purest Sommerset silver/steel blend - it is light, flexible & deadly. It is enchanted to poison & set to sleep its target at the instant it penetrates flesh .... so that the thrower may rifle through the pockets & belongings of the slumbering enemy & then withdraw the dagger from flesh .... and the victim will awaken within 5 minutes with a completely healed over wound and only think that he/she/it had naturally taken a short nap.
This cherished treasure Justun hands out & presents to Thread-Whisperer.

Finally Justun opens his black woolen, silk-lined cape & then heavy black robe until his hand reaches into an inner secret pocket withing the lining of his robe. He pulls out a beautiful, rune carved Emerald studded bracer - carved & embossed in the Celtic-like stylings of the Bretonny High Rock tribes....this he clasps upon Malchik's wrist. This Emerald MoodStone bracer of Highland Heights will always enhance your moods wherever you go, good friend Malchik & I cannot think of anyone in my life more deserving of it than you. Your joyous moods will be greater so & any fears will be infused with your natural bravery from deep within & no despair will be yours while you are the wearer of the Emerald MoodStone braceer.

I Baraka & my master, Justun F. Thyme heartily thank each & every member of this RP thread & hope to meet with you again in Malchik's future RP adventures. "May the climbing winds carry your thoughts & prayers to Thorosen upon high & may the lightning always be at your back...blinding your enemy as you strike the victor blow" .... an ancient Bretony saying of High Rock, Tamriel.
I Baraka bow with my long, silken albin fur touchiing the ground ... as Justun had taught me to do in polite greeting .... and bid you all a fond farewell. I have marked all of your scents in my ollfactory memory & will recognize you forever anytime in the future if our paths should cross. You may always count upon the assistance of Baraka & Jusun F. Thyme, breton mage of High Rock with his faithful ghosthound . Perhaps someday you will run with my Wolfkin incarnation, free & wild & savage in the strong breezes of Vvardenfall!

:D :)

Morgoth

Morgoth

Bauglir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts

he reaches into his sack & pulls out a large magnum bottle of High Rock Cherry Brandy .... as well as a light green stone cup that he keeps pulling inner cup after cup after cup out of until each RP member here has a smackily-good dose of delicate Cherry Brandy to toast each other with.

Wulfgar, having somewhat misunderstood what he is meant to do, pours the brandy over the next person standing near him and tries to ignite the unfortunate fellow with a torch.

----

As for feedback concerning the competition, just insert any enthusiastic comment here that you have read already ;)

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Being so tired yesterday in the end, I read this threads subject as something like: "It's over, go to the bar and shout!"

Ulf cries: "Noooooooo", when seeing the good brandy being used for such an utterly meaningless purpose. Dropping his staff and his pack he throws himself under the brandy bottle and tries to save the sacred drops in his inner sanctuary.

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
As requested I have posted the outline of a new and much less pressurised RPG. Have a look and if anyone is interested sign up. No commitment at this stage.

I will be off line from 9 pm to 11 pm (forum time plus 1). I believe most of the rpgs can finish tonight except the Fallen Statue (another 3 days) and possibly the Woodland Castle which may go into tomorrow.

I have done my bit for the comp so the judges are busy deliberating. With so much to look at they may take a little longer than originally planned but that is outside my influence now.

karkarinus

karkarinus

Lurker in the Deep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
"Always one for a little tipple" Shouts Karakulus in his usual jocund fashion." He downs the bevarage in one.

"uP yEr bOtToMs.....!" He slurs. One 'little tipple' is quite enough, it seems.

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Baraka barks a laff & thinks to Justun..."you forgot to give any warining on the potent strength of highland cherry vodka...." I chuckle as I look at the assorted party of merrimakers... :P ... :D ... :blush: ... :glare: ... :ohmy: ...... ;D ... :unsure: .... :) ... :excl:

P.S. - We realize that Dark One, who made all of this great assembly possible has not been properly thanked. I Baraka gaze on as Justun opens the bottom of the ebony base of his Amberlight Staff. In the scrollwork is a hinge that allows the base to fold open in two....cupped within the base is a Black-Diamond handled Butterfly Shortsword...that folds outward in graceful movement to twice its length & makes a deadly weapon...it is enchanted to return in swift flight to the hand of its owner if it is knocked from that hand or caculatedly thrown at a target. Justun mutters some phrases & makes the formal owner of the BlackDiamond Butterfly to be Dark One.

OOC - I am not bucking for favor in the voting, I hope the judges do not read here until the contest judgement is passed. I know there are far greater RPers tnan me here. But I am eternally grateful to have had the chance to RP with such an imaginative crowd & meet you all on such a fun level. I joined for the sheef fun of it anyway. It's been great meeting you all.
I will say about myself that I am a female of Floridian heritage who loves all animals = especially dogs, cats & birds both wild & tamed. We have owned 15 doberman pinschers, 2 black labradors, a german shepherd (at different times of course) as well as a half-wolf/half-malamute that was the leader of a wild dog pack outside of a small Texas town where my hubby was the animal control officer....he would use a female mix-breed dobie-chiquaqua as bait to catch the wild & stray dogs & that is how he captured Wolfgang -the best dog we ever had & who was decidely smarter than I am. lolol He is who Baraka is based upon. :ph34r:

Page loaded in: 1.000 seconds