Breakable shields

HumiIiation

do you suppose this could be used on armour as well as swords, to create some kind of breakability to the game? o. O

say, a "life" gauge for the armour.. based on light or heavy. then you'd have to have it repaired at a forge or pay, say, 20% of the armour's value to a vendor for them to fix it...

would this be doable?

also. how's the status on this mod? xD

Edited by eksynn

do you suppose this could be used on armour as well as swords, to create some kind of breakability to the game? o. O

say, a "life" gauge for the armour.. based on light or heavy. then you'd have to have it repaired at a forge or pay, say, 20% of the armour's value to a vendor for them to fix it...

would this be doable?

also. how's the status on this mod? xD

This could absolutely be used for both armor and swords aswell, Im still working on this but it will take some time to get everything to work as planned

Easiest way is to use the in game damage system for items and make seprate models for each set of damage and when destroyed make the item harvestable then rebuild it from the harvested broken parts. however there is a occasunal bug when item is equiped it will not update but quickiest way is ugliest too a quick script to unequip reequip item

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest way is to use the in game damage system for items and make seprate models for each set of damage and when destroyed make the item harvestable then rebuild it from the harvested broken parts. however there is a occasunal bug when item is equiped it will not update but quickiest way is ugliest too a quick script to unequip reequip item

Thats pretty much the plan :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this working. Only for a specific, custom set of Dueling Shields. But it works.

I've figured a way to make the last step, sometimes ( random chance ) cause the shield to fling off of the wearer's arm in a shower of shards or just as a shield that is now a moveable static, not an equipable piece of armor. The Havoc engine presets to start at the players arm, and then to launch it out in a semi-random direction took some time, but it works now.

There is a slight hesitation after the blow that triggers the total failure of the shield, before it goes flying off, but I doubt there is a way to completely get rid of it.

Still, it looks cool, particularly when you're both in a dueling ring, and you destroy each other's shields at exactly the same moment, and then flash turn for a killing move.

I had it happen once where my return stroke was a decapitation. Really wish I was video recording the action, it was very graphic and unique.

I've got this working. Only for a specific, custom set of Dueling Shields. But it works.

I've figured a way to make the last step, sometimes ( random chance ) cause the shield to fling off of the wearer's arm in a shower of shards or just as a shield that is now a moveable static, not an equipable piece of armor. The Havoc engine presets to start at the players arm, and then to launch it out in a semi-random direction took some time, but it works now.

There is a slight hesitation after the blow that triggers the total failure of the shield, before it goes flying off, but I doubt there is a way to completely get rid of it.

Still, it looks cool, particularly when you're both in a dueling ring, and you destroy each other's shields at exactly the same moment, and then flash turn for a killing move.

I had it happen once where my return stroke was a decapitation. Really wish I was video recording the action, it was very graphic and unique.

Thats awesome! Any chance you would share? I could make meshes/textures and you could provide the scripts : )