Nexus Mod Manager archive invalidation not working

mikeydmc

Randomly my texture started to get messed up and I see red exclamation marks and random texture on things in my game I think it is from archive invalidation and I'm using NMM one, but I don't know. I would really appreciate any help.

• 2 years later...

Most likely reason is "too many plugins" in the "Data" folder. The game attempts to load any ESM or ESP files it finds there, whether they are "active" or not. Move any you are not actively using out of that folder. Get your number of active plugins down under 140. Too many "high definition" texture files can similarly cause problems.

The game is 32-bit, older and more limited than your "latest and greatest" system. There WILL be limits hardware can't overcome.

PS: How many games are you actively playing and following three years later? It's not reasonable to expect a reply from any poster in an old thread, which is at least part of why the Terms of Service tell you not to "necro" old threads.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

I had this same problem, and even though I have a pretty powerful rig I was having the exact same problem at 133 plugins. When I merged several of the plugins and go my load order down to 129 the problems went away. I have since added a mod or two and am having no problems with 131 plugins. Try merging plugins using mators merge plugin utility.

another possibility is missing textures or meshes. When this happens you can extract them from the BSA using BSA unpacker into your data folder.

Edited by irswat