Fortevn

I love being an assassin.

Just to be clear I have nothing against Crouching. However, as I have some good "dress" for my heroine, the animation of crounching isn't very attractive. And when I'm walking silently in the dark, some lone bandit shouldn't recognise me right away even when I was behind him. And yes, if I successful in standing hidden I should be able to use slitthroat animation too, that looks awesome :sad:

So yeah, my general idea is allowing my character to be stealth even when he or she is standing/walking/running as well as he or she is crouching.

And here is the detailed idea:

Make another hotkey to toggle "Stealth" while Ctrl only "Crounch" (maybe let crouching entering stealth too, less work). When use this the character will enter stealth mode regardless.

This stealth mode still being treated as how it should be: checks rely on noise, light, NPC vision range, sneak perks/level...

Sprinting and Running get their speed reduced for obvious reasons. Or when you tap Alt you will do a barrell roll like you're crounching.

I know that some animations will need to be made for this, like barrel roll from standing or slitthroat, knockout and so on. But one should not lose hope. Thanks!

Edited by Fortevn

I love being an assassin.

Just to be clear I have nothing against Crouching. However, as I have some good "dress" for my heroine, the animation of crounching isn't very attractive. And when I'm walking silently in the dark, some lone bandit shouldn't recognise me right away even when I was behind him. And yes, if I successful in standing hidden I should be able to use slitthroat animation too, that looks awesome :(

So yeah, my general idea is allowing my character to be stealth even when he or she is standing/walking/running as well as he or she is crouching.

And here is the detailed idea:

Make another hotkey to toggle "Stealth" while Ctrl only "Crounch" (maybe let crouching entering stealth too, less work). When use this the character will enter stealth mode regardless.

This stealth mode still being treated as how it should be: checks rely on noise, light, NPC vision range, sneak perks/level...

Sprinting and Running get their speed reduced for obvious reasons. Or when you tap Alt you will do a barrell roll like you're crounching.

I know that some animations will need to be made for this, like barrel roll from standing or slitthroat, knockout and so on. But one should not lose hope. Thanks!

This needs to be done

The game actually does still do stealth checks while you are standing. Crouching makes you stealthier (much stealthier with high sneak skill) but it is entirely possible to sneak up on characters without crouching. The muffle enchantment also makes you totally silent whether walking or sneaking.

The game actually does still do stealth checks while you are standing. Crouching makes you stealthier (much stealthier with high sneak skill) but it is entirely possible to sneak up on characters without crouching. The muffle enchantment also makes you totally silent whether walking or sneaking.

Really? It's indeed good news to me. However I don't feel it at all, even when I was walking on the road the enemy (animals/bandits) can see me right away from miles away. And my sneak was 100 and wearing cloths. At night. So maybe the stealth check on standing was reduced massively?

But anyhow it'd be easier to mod this I think, for it's already in the game. Maybe just increasing the check to make it close to when you're crouching will suffice. Also, as in my request a check to slitthroat/knockout when stand sneaking is lovely.

I wonder if we can discuss it like this without looking like "bumping"? I don't want to violate any rules.

im totally for this! I know a guy whos learning to mod. i'll see if he wants to give it a try. he already has blender down so I really think he can do this.

oh and also I have to say it:

"DO A BARREL ROLE!"

If I understand the rule against bumping, it is to prevent people from adding contentless additional posts to their own request in order to keep it on the first page. Actual discussion of the topic is perfectly acceptable.

To be clear I am offering this information only to be helpful, because I do not know how to create the mod you want. However until somebody who does know comes along, you may be able to get something at least somewhat satisfying through a few tweaks to your playstyle and some global values.

In my personal experience, it is possible to sneak up behind an opponent while walking in light armor if you move veeeeeery slowly. Of course you won't get your sneak attack bonus but the enemy will be just drawing their weapon while you are already hacking away at them.

Based on what I have read online, the game factors the amount of light on you, the field of view of the enemy, and the amount of noise you make while moving (determined by the weight of your equipped armor/clothing and the speed of your movement, and always reduced to 0 while under the effects of any custom-made muffle enchantment) at all times. When you sneak, the resulting values are reduced based on your sneak skill.

If you are feeling adventurous, I believe you can adjust most of these values in Skytweak. If you want you could make yourself as difficult to spot while walking as you would be while sneaking. (Which would make you totally invisible while sneaking, but that doesn't matter if you resist the urge to abuse it.) It's not as good as the mod that you are looking for but it's better than nothing.

You'll still have to drop into a crouch to get your sneak attack bonus, but at least you won't feel unladylike.

If I understand the rule against bumping, it is to prevent people from adding contentless additional posts to their own request in order to keep it on the first page. Actual discussion of the topic is perfectly acceptable.

To be clear I am offering this information only to be helpful, because I do not know how to create the mod you want. However until somebody who does know comes along, you may be able to get something at least somewhat satisfying through a few tweaks to your playstyle and some global values.

In my personal experience, it is possible to sneak up behind an opponent while walking in light armor if you move veeeeeery slowly. Of course you won't get your sneak attack bonus but the enemy will be just drawing their weapon while you are already hacking away at them.

Based on what I have read online, the game factors the amount of light on you, the field of view of the enemy, and the amount of noise you make while moving (determined by the weight of your equipped armor/clothing and the speed of your movement, and always reduced to 0 while under the effects of any custom-made muffle enchantment) at all times. When you sneak, the resulting values are reduced based on your sneak skill.

If you are feeling adventurous, I believe you can adjust most of these values in Skytweak. If you want you could make yourself as difficult to spot while walking as you would be while sneaking. (Which would make you totally invisible while sneaking, but that doesn't matter if you resist the urge to abuse it.) It's not as good as the mod that you are looking for but it's better than nothing.

You'll still have to drop into a crouch to get your sneak attack bonus, but at least you won't feel unladylike.

I see, so it seems it's a different check than "stealth". I think (I was doing some game development years ago, I can't do stuff anymore but I understand some basics) what you meant was some "vision check". A stealth check uses these factor and put in some more properties such as access to Sneak Perks, Sneak Skills and the Stealth cursors. It means regular walking can be counted as sneaking but it's extremely difficult and without any sneaky benefits except for looks. Although looks were the main point of my request, but this way would be too hassle and of course, doesn't make use of the whole sneak feature in the game. (can't advance the skills, can't get any perk to work, etc)

So yeah, thanks for the information, it's very cool but not exactly what I think would be a fun experience for everyone.

qwertyzeldar: Awesome! Please inform him of this thread, I'd love to hear his opinions.

Meh, vision check vs. stealth check seems like semantics.

Actually you do benefit from some stealth perks while standing, but most of them you do not (both Muffled Movement and Silence make you sneakier whether you are crouching or not).

Yeah, not a substitute for an actual mod. Just like I said hopefully something that can help tide you over.