Photo

You Will Be Starring In A Mw Mod About Our Rp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
:D Hiya everyone & CONGRATZ on a great wonderful job that everyone did in this RP - it is so interesting & such a dynamic read that I am going to attempt to make it into a mod for Morrowind....primarily for the people who won't be able to get upgrades for their computers for awhile - & so won't be able to play Oblivion right away. If it is popular enough, I may convert it into a new Oblivion mod ... because Bethesda has said that the Obliv constuction set will be even easier than the MW one, and God knows I love to mod .... even more than playing the game!

The mod is so far (in my mind & on paper sketch) taking the form of a Frank Lloyd Wright architectural style house over a waterfall with lots of windows - hidden deep in the woods somewhere in Bitter Coast woods - maybe NW a little of Balmora - that the player will be directed to by some drunken customer at the House of Earthly Delights in Suran. Some quest will be involved....I could use help with storyline suggestions & also a Journal Quest because those are not my strong cards (architecture, retexturing & character creation are.)

There will be a large library in the house, among many other rooms .... and it is in the library that I want pictures of all of you who have an image shown in the Character Portrait thread .... and the story of our RP will be told in books on the library shelves. There will be a main book that will introduce the overall story...an index book - listing the different threads .... and each thread will have seperate book volumes telling its story with illustrations that I hope to make of the action in TESCS & get screenshots of.

I know it is a somewhat ambitious project & since I will be getting Oblivion on its premier date...I don't know how much time this RP mod will take me. If I get really good at the Obliv construction set, I may just do our story in it .... what do you all think of that - take a vote plz .... should I tell our story in MW or Obliv? I would have to take time to learn the new tescs.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. What I need:

RP Character Portraits
RP Character descriptions - physical description, race, sex, class, major/minor spells & enchants, clothing, weaps, armor, special objects
RP Character Name & Background
An ending for your character for after the RP is told....like, Josh faded into the sunset of Sommerset Isle to resurrect into the cold dawn of Skyrim adventure... wherever you see your char going on to after the RP.

ANY & ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR ALL ASPECTS THAT OCCUR TO ANYONE = This is YOUR MOD, each & everyone who RP'd here....so all input is valuable & will be respected.

Thank you soo so much!! Baraka :ph34r:

I love to MOD....winter, spring, summer & fall, midnight, pm, dawn & all = I am a MORROWINDMODFREAK!!!

I have copy/pasted the Fallen Statue thread & the Secure Prison thread in full into Notepad for transfering into my TESCS books - - - - could Malchik or Dark One or anyone else who knows - please tell me the order in which these threads appeared because I arrived on the scene late & don't know the sequencial order in which our story unfolded.

Thanks a million......Baraka & Justun F. Thyme :ph34r: >:(

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Hey Baraka,

That is indeed ambitious :) - but cool too.

Almost everything reg. all character in The Haunted Well questline is either in the OOC thread or linked to from there. I can try either update it with all descriptions or I can put it in a post in here, which do you prefer?

Kheskeim

: ooc thread

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
A consolidated entry here would be wonderful if it's not too much trouble. I will start copy/pasting the Haunted Well next then. Making books with text & pictures is unbelievably easy in TESCS...the only question will be the length of the books & how many volumns each story will need. I know our quest, the Fallen Statue was the shortest because we started the latest.

I like to make largish mods....I made one about CliffRacer Shooting Towers. I made a 3 house mod for the hubby. I did a whole retextured Cedar Ship of which I am rather proud ... it turned out pretty okay but I never came up with a quest or situation for it. I made an online RP story with 2 other people called the Wingmer Sisters that had a lot of retexturing to it .... my friend wrote the story, another found clothing mods to use & I did all the screenshots from TESCS - it was like a comic I suppose. I worked on a team of 7 modders who were going to design an island mod complete with new races, quests, storyline, dialogue....but the project fell apart after awhile.

The reason I'm going to make each seperate story here a different mod .... all will have the library in common ... is because it is ambitious & I don't know how far I'll get. I don't really want to abreviate anyones dialogue or anything....that would defeat the idea of recording the RP for others to read.

Thank you so much for your offer of help, Keshkeim & anyone else who wants to make a consolidated list from the paperwork the characters all filled out would save me from having to search all the threads for them.

Thanks!! ;D

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
been thinking of this myself and I know a few others have had the same idea from the way they have been talking...so if I can offer any services except texturing then I am free...I know the CS well apart from in scripting and as I say creating new textures to use

but creating houses and such I can do with both hands behind my back and blindfolded ;)

but due to not having much of an art persona inside of me, my graphics skill is next to nil...making banners is my thing but actual textures I can't do...well that is the only thing that has stopped my mod from going public...and the fact I had to format my PC several times but I've been trying to find texturers to help and they seem to vanish or cast the cold shoulder when I ask...ah well one day my mods will become a reality :P

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Hey this is too cool Ixnos! I was hoping someone else (or a few) might like to work on this too...it is a lot for one person, I admit. If you'd like to design the house that would be great. Have you seen the Frank Lloyd Wright house from Ohio? I think it's main feature is that it is built over a waterfall that somehow come out from under the house in several layers. It is somewhat boxy featuring a lot of large windows, almost more windows than walls. Do you think you would like to design something like that? Tell me what you think...I would love to collaborate on this project. I think the RP is great & deserves to be preserved, like the other stories of Vvardenfell adventure.
Anyone else let us know what you can do. I can make the books & create the characters in TESCS. How are you at character creation, Ixnos. Tell me anything else you'd like to do or ideas & such. Welcome onboard!

Malchik

Malchik

The Wordsmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
Look at the date of the first post in each thread to see when it began. If you need pictures of the castle used for my outline in the Woodland Castle I can give you a link.

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
Impressive Baraka! :)

I had a million ideas but I have never really gotten around to do anything, so I have been saving some for OB really. As I have played so many games and done so many different kind of things computer wise, I would think I can don't practically anything at an acceptable level, but am not an expert in any area.

If there should be any smaller jobs besides accumulating information, if would love to try it out. (like challenges)

- never done texturing, but use PS etc. almost every day (the maps I did in Haunted W thread for example)
- never done 3d modelling for any mod purpose, but I have worked with both 3dmax, Vue and other prgs.

And I think the list goes on hehe. So feel free to ask here or pm me.

Theta Orionis

Theta Orionis

Remembering what once was...

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
Good luck with your mod, Baraka - it thinks it's a really nice idea.

If you need any hints on building quests using the dialogue editor and scripts, let me know - I'm usually logged into the chat and happy to pass on tips and tricks I've learnt while working on Iredior :)

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts

Good luck with your mod, Baraka - it thinks it's a really nice idea.

If you need any hints on building quests using the dialogue editor and scripts, let me know - I'm usually logged into the chat and happy to pass on tips and tricks I've learnt while working on Iredior :)

==============
Iredior?? Why is that name ringing bells in my memory? Theta Orionis, I think I am already familiar with your excellent TESCS work, at least by reputaion ... & we would certainly be honored to have your help with dialogue & scripting. Those are indeed my weakest points, I live in fear of ruining my whole game (as some have done) by poking around haphazardly at the Dialogue Editor.

Thanks a million!! I am racking my brain still to remember the previous avatar I've heard associated with Iredior ! (Ceran?)
=========================

Kheskeim, your experience with 3ds max, Vue & other 3d programs will be invaluable ... I have 3ds max vrs. 5 but was unable to learn it on my own without a tutorial that I liked. Your experience with 3d will enable us to make our own models?? I hope.... 3 objects I've wanted to input into TESCS - clocks (I did retexture an Orcan bracer into a watch), hour-glasses & sun dials. These would be very neat objects for our library if possible.
==============================

Malchik, I will look at the dates of the 1st of each thread posted, I thought there might be a logical way to proceed on that. Yes, yes! A link to a pic of the castle, pretty please!!
====================================

Ixnos - enthusiastic friend & collaborator on our RP mod,
Please proceed to build the RP house in anyway you see fit, use your wildest imagination. The Frank Lloyd Wright idea was just a beginning model for me .... locate it in a good somewhat hidden place in Bitter Coast area, wooded preferably. I'm thinking large library, numerous bedrooms, a bath (I have working models for toilet, washing sink, urinal & working shower for a bathroom = no kidding!! The toilet flushes with sound & moving water level, the urinal sound flushes & the sink reveals a pearl if the question it poses is answered correctly... tee hee) I think I'll design a hot tub for a bathroom, also an indoor garden, underground swimming pool, practice room with dummies & targets (got those made) a kitchen....I will email you the one from my Cliffracer Shooting Tower unless you'd like to design your own (I had my towers located in the foyada leading to the Ashlands (near Molag Maar) & utilized Dwemer machinery to power my plumbing... Also thinking of a small observatory, an extensive alchemy lab, sort of an allround house for whatever class of character a person might play.
Here are two TESCS static ID's that I thought would make interesting walls & windows = in_velothismall_fresco_2 (for walls, I would retexture the surface with marble, stone, etc. whatever we decide on) and f\active_BM_ForceField (which is actually an activator to serve as the windows.) I have found that the forcefield is transparent, so if you build the whole house in an outdoor cell & back the windows to each other....I think you will be able to see in & out of the windows. At least, I have used the forcefield as a magic barrier in one of my dungeons & the player can look through it at others coming into the room...
=============================================

What I'm going to work on today is mounting the portraits of our heroes in the Character Portraits thread here into framed portraits in TESCS for the library walls....so please add yourself if you'd like your hero pictured in the mod.

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Sorry to double post....but this is an announcement concerning the RP Mod.

WOULD ALL MEMBERS WHO WISH THEIR HEROES TO APPEAR IN FRAMED PAINTINGS ON THE LIBRARY WALLS OF THE RP HOUSE ..... PLEASE POST YOUR HERO'S PICTURE IN THE CHARACTURE PORTRAIT THREAD ?

ESPECIALLY CHARACTERS IN THE FALLEN STATUE, THE HAUNTED WELL, THE CURSED MONASTERY & THE SECURE PRISON .... I HAVE COPY/PASTED THESE THREADS TO NOTEPAD FOR TRANSER TO MY TESCS BOOKS & WILL BE FRAMING, THEN CREATING & TAKING SCREENSHOTS OF THESE HEROES FIRST.

Thanks....Baraka Ehud :ph34r:

ps-do we have any MP3 wizards amongst us who might be able to choose & deliver a good theme song for our RP mod to me to insert as our customary overall music for the mod? Also, anyone who knows of cool battle music....if you can submit it in MP3 form to [email protected] I will incorporate it into the usual battle music in the game. Anyone else who has weird sounds they think might enhance our MOD, plz submit to above email addy. Thanx you guys.... :excl:

Page loaded in: 0.955 seconds