Photo

You Will Be Starring In A Mw Mod About Our Rp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

Peregrine

Peregrine

Bird from Hell

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
Interesting, if a bit ambitious, idea... I don't know many custom models you'd need, but I can do them pretty easily. Contact me by PM or AIM if you need anything, and I'll at least consider it.

Oh, and just to prove I know what I'm doing... http://www.habasanfleet.com/gplt7.png

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
*cracks knuckles* I'll see what I can do, I'll mostly be working with the original morrowind, tribunal and bloodmoon meshes/textures until someone is willing to replace them as such...at the moment I don't know when I will be able to get around to it but I should be able to start sometime this week

also race creation is my speciality...so while we are here if anyone wishes to put forth there created races they can do...they will just have to live with the closest morrowind race since as I say I am not good with 3d modeling and such...closest I can some to is literally recolouring the body parts :P

also if anyone wishes to contact me:

AIM - shadowj2005

MSN - [email protected]

I am happy to be contacted just atleast place your thread name so I know who you are and don't block you lol

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Wonderful!!! Ixnos, work on it whenever you can .... there is no deadline to this mod as there was to the contest. Especially since Oblivion has just come out ... we will be working on it as opportunity & inclination allow. Race creation is going to be very important to us in this, people will be able to have more variant races, birthsigns & classes than happened in the RP. It will be fun creating new races together Ixnos ,,, I like to do that too. :D ;D

=============

Peregrine, thankyou for the generous offer & your example you show is 'rockin cool !!! ' Would it be beneath your talents to create a large grandfatherish clock, a sun-dial & hourglasses? I guess on a MW modernistic sort of style. Also, anything you wish to design furniture-wise for the RP house...I think especially that they kinda forgot couches & armchairs in TESCS. :rolleyes:

Kheskeim

Kheskeim

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
I think Peregrine might be a safer bet on the 3d part :D - by the looks of it. I don't even have anything here to prove my skill in it. But I am always ready to try.. I never give up if I want to do something.
(also I only have access to 3ds 7 atm.)

Peregrine

Peregrine

Bird from Hell

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Peregrine, thankyou for the generous offer & your example you show is 'rockin cool !!! ' Would it be beneath your talents to create a large grandfatherish clock, a sun-dial & hourglasses? I guess on a MW modernistic sort of style. Also, anything you wish to design furniture-wise for the RP house...I think especially that they kinda forgot couches & armchairs in TESCS. :rolleyes:

Should be pretty easy... the hardest part will be scaling down my usual photo-realistic render/material settings to something that Morrowind can use, while still keeping it looking good. As payment... just two things:

1) Re-read the prison thread and add my last post... I was busy elsewhere, and just now managed to correct Aleksi's absence from the last part of the thread.

2) Add his sword to the mod... I'll provide the model, and it'll go in the library as an artifact from the events (you'll see in the last post).

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
(will be posting an idea so bare with me, just need to jot it down so I can see the morrowind elements within it)

indeed I may now be able to get my Secronic race actually in the game instead of staying in my mind and on paper :P

to summarise Secronics are "shadow beings" they can control the shadows (which in morrowind would be illusion I guess) and throw fireballs, they are excellent swordsman and have honour, pride and determination within battle

each shadow being is different..different as in dependant on their secondary race (dwarf, elf and so on) and also each have an animal side...ShadowJ is a secronic dwarf and has the wolf as his animal...luckily for him the secronic powers negate the dwarven height and remains 6ft 2" broad and muscular...he just has a slight accent and can handle as much ale as one can throw at him

his animal features enhance his senses and give him wolf ears and fangs but it also carries feral rage meaning he will not stop at nothing once his anger passes a certain limit, rage can also numb his pain and allow him to fight even with broken bones but only for a limited time

so his rage ability will boost strength, speed, endurance and agility yet will cost him health in return so probably drain health and fatigue would do

natural stats would be mainly strength around 60, agility 50, intelligence 20, willpower 20 (they have abilities but aren't very good magic users), endurance 40, personality 30, speed 40, luck 40

-----------------

right anyways back to everything else

the closest I come to 3D is web buttons :P

what would be great is if we could make different variations of the existing races such as Kane is an imperial yet I don't think there are any normal faces that look remotely or close to him

my idea for houses and such is a "remote" place, where everyone can gather such as basically a huge house depicting the stories but then maybe the camp areas too...such as Fygee's Mercenary camp...the merc camp won't be hard to do...just a camp fire with probably bedrolls under a shelter with a few merc's and Fygge himself

also I am thinking of basically making myself a notebook with a list of ideas who is doing what which can then be used by any from my site and such so we all know what we're doing

now I'll leave you all to figure out all this ranting :P

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
No, no...it is very logical ranting! lol I use a notebook also that has tabs for each of the different characters there will be. I too will be using Morrowind, Tribunal & Bloodmoon .... I hope that there isn't anyone who doesn't own all 3 versions at this point.

Peregrine, I will add your last post to the Secure Prison thread ... I intend to copy/paste all recent additions to these threads as they are posted. Do your best on the realism of texture for MW. I know what you mean, I have at times copied a face from a magazine of an actual person onto a TESCS head model & the result looks too real compared with all the other NPCs. I usually blur/blend them some with Photo Finish & then resharpen them just a bit.
Your sword sounds very awesome & will make a good artifact in the library.

Ixnos, the more remote the house location the better & how brilliant to think of us making the campsite location in the mod. Excellent idea!

We have no takers yet on the music/sound/mp3 job .... I hope someone might like to do that because I'm not good with sound, except that I know how to make & place the local sound markers. Ixnos, I love the shadow race - I think you should definitely make them a reality. If you need any armor for them = my first retextured armor is called ShadowShell = it is rippled grey/black Chitin that cameoflages the wearer in shadowy light like alleys, woods, campfireside, etc. A matching shortsword & both shields are included.

3ds max7 ....grrrrrr....I am so jealous. (Why? I couldn't even figure out vrs.5 on my own! Do you know of any good sword tutorials for vrs. 5 I could DL?) Well, I like your determination - and I am wondering what other jobs we could give you that you'd like, Kheskeim?

I just wanted to say to everyone reading this .... that this is your chance to have your custom-self/created races portrayed in MW. Because if it is at all possible, we will make your custom races, birthsigns & classes. I myself are going to DL the dog mod that has a weimeranger & recolor her to be white like Baraka, for her wolfkin side = the Bloodmoon snow wolf will be fine as is.

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
http://www.tamriel-r...ding_data/utils

they have some very good tutorials and infact have a downloadable oblivion CS as well

also indeed the shadowshell armour would be great, also you wouldn't be able to create something like blood armour (looks like muscle tissue and bone)...before I simply used Royal Guard armour since that was the closest I could get too and as I say after contacting a few people they wouldn't do it or got no reply

also I have been playing around with the CS lastnight, I will be able to get waterfalls in and around the place by using the waterfalls in Vivec...not to mention there will be a room with teleports sending the character to the places...like historical battle grounds

I should have time over the weekend but what I may have to do is build in the sea close to the bittercoast region then either join the two lands with land or with a bridge and so on...or I guess I could put a random NPC somewhere who says "you here for the history tour" :P

not to mention I think with 3DS max only 3 and 4 only work with Morrowind since I had 6 and couldn't get it to work...then again I didn't know how to work it either :P

Peregrine

Peregrine

Bird from Hell

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

not to mention I think with 3DS max only 3 and 4 only work with Morrowind since I had 6 and couldn't get it to work...then again I didn't know how to work it either :P

Correct, but I also have a copy of max 3 just for Morrowind exporting.

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
Cool, Ixnos...thanx for the heads-up on Tamriel Rebuilt. I never knew they had tutorials there & I am so glad to see they are still working at their great huge project.
Yes indeed, I can make Blood Armor for you. And I will email you the ShadowShell Armor when I find the CD disk I stored it on. Your Blood Armor reminds me of a project I did for a friend at Jack_Devil's MW site awhile ago who had a character who was unique. First I affixed a custom DarkElf face (yellowish/greenish dark) to a Dark Elf head & I drew his dark red disheveled hair down over his eyebrows in places right on the face texture...then we picked a longish red Dark Elf male hairdo, colored the ears to match face - and he had a very unique character whose dark red hair fell down over his eyes. This same character had a nemesis who actually wore a mask over a skull face ... so I retextured one of the dark elf heads with a skull texture & we made a design for the mask mod he found somewhere. I also made skeleton-like hands for him. We didn't bother making anyy other skeletonoid body parts because he always wore long black robes. It all turned out pretty good & your Blood Armor sounds somewhat similar - - - so the answer is YES..I think I can do it. What style armor will you choose to retexture into the Blood Armor??

Peregrine, doesn't 3ds max5 also work with MW but you have to have a converter or something to insert it into the TESCS?

Page loaded in: 0.883 seconds