Photo

You Will Be Starring In A Mw Mod About Our Rp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

Peregrine

Peregrine

Bird from Hell

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Peregrine, doesn't 3ds max5 also work with MW but you have to have a converter or something to insert it into the TESCS?

You need the export plugin for max 3 also... it works with versions 3, 4 and 5 (but not more recent ones).

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
hmm...any really that will make it easier for you, not really fussed and thanks

also while I am here...am I just picking and mixing the outside of the house or would you prefer it if I used something specific like making it look like a house from Hlaalu and so on

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
sorry for the double post but here is what I have so far:

Posted Image

I decided to shove aload of Hlaalu houses against one another and planted them in the ground...there are 4 door ways, 2 top, 2 bottom and as you can see there is a huge archway corridor

my aim is to make it look "grand"...such as you know when you first go to Vivec's palace and such...my only problem maybe that I have made the land too high...however I am planning to slope the land down then make a bridge leading to the mainland and place banners around

to the far left I am thinking of a big building which would be the "library"...the inside of the hlaalu buildings...I am thinking, tavern, rooms, toilets, information places, shops and so on and basically inside being one long room sectioned into these places

so in other words I have 4 long huge areas then a huge "library"...of course I will place trees and the sorts but they will be going in later when I have the main pieces in place

edit: ok just an update on the whole thing...the island is huge, the whole thing is like something from land of the giants (kinda went over the top with the 3D scaling but ah well still looks good)

I have a "library" and as asked/promised it has a dwemer observatory on top and to add to the "battle and history" feeling I have placed two massive...what seem to be ballistas at each side of the library...need to do a few touch ups where some things haven't clicked or overlapped

also it seems the game has shoved the island near Khartag Point (between Hla'Old and Gnarr mok, on the western sea)..straight from the start you can reach there but I made a test save and stacked him full of cheats and a powerful levitate spell...must have took me a good 5 minutes just to get there so when I can find the right tool to download I will place it more near Sedya Neen way...I have been trying to find the best "bridge" but due to the height of the island I'm either going have to make a very long bridge, use someone as a tour guide to teleport the character or just slope it down and connect it with a lot of land

I'll do most of that tomorrow and get a second screenshot to show how it is...of course feel free at any time to object to something or mention something that would look good and such

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
OMG! Iznos, are you an architect in RL? I think you should be .... that looks just wonderful. Far better than anything I had sketched or imagined. You are also putting me to shame because all I've done so far is frame about half of our heroes from the Character Portrait thread.

BUT, I have a good excuse ..... we've bought 2 copies of Oblivion plus the Official Game Guide. So, if anyone gets stuck or has Oblivion questions as you're playing - you can ask me & I'll look it up in the Obliv Game Guide.

But back to our RP mod ....

#1 - I'm thinking that we should start a contest thread seperate from this one - for people who participated in the RP to get to name our RP mod .... we can't just keep calling it that. Peregrine & Iznos, whatcha think?

#2 - I was thinking about Iznos' Blood Armor retexturing job while riding around buying Oblivion (had to go to 2 stores) & I am thinking that an armor that is sort of close to following the body lines might look best & also a closed helm, unless you wanted his face to show. Maybe the chitin armor but with less flaring out paudrons ... that's my thinking on it.
But it might look better being all exagerated & larger than the body parts like the way Dwemer boots are so big & kinda clunkyish. I lean more towards the streamlined Blood Armor style ... but I want other thoughts on it k? o_O

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
with no job taking up my time I have most of it spare and also no I ain't an architect...somedays I wished I was though :P

also indeed, if people are interested then they should have the chance to name the mod that they are involved in, if they like it or not ;)

and the blood armour...yeah I would be fine with Chitin, not too fussed about pauldrons since half the time I run around with no pauldrons on since it looks better but again not just my mod so if people wish to have the choice the may as well give it them...but while I am doing the "architecture" my mind is also spinning up a quest so the armour isn't easy to get hehe

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
Major Update:

reports have stated the first Secronic has made his way to trekking over the Vvardenfell district...could these pictures be real or a hoax :P

also real in game screenshots ;)

http://www.d00glez.com/tester2.jpg
http://www.d00glez.com/tester3.jpg
http://www.d00glez.com/tester4.jpg
http://www.d00glez.com/tester5.jpg
http://www.d00glez.com/tester6.jpg
http://www.d00glez.com/tester7.jpg

since there is 6 of them I decided to link them...and on the race...I forgot they blinked so when he blinks his eyes are still green...also the tattoo on his front is a real tattoo of mine that I have, the one on the back is the one I wanted but will be getting something similiar

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
DUDE!!! I'm glad you got no job ... I wish I didn't. The 2nd pic is to die for!! How'd you do that?
I love the back tat - could'nt see the front one too well (all I gots is a butterfly tat on my left shoulder = but I got it a block and a half from the Alamo, right where the inoculation gun at the end of USAF basic training kissed my arm ... hehehe...there were big dude's passing out ... it was 106 degrees in the shade the day they inoculated us.)
Anyway, are the Secronic a dark-skinned race & will I be making the Blood Armor to match them? Guess it doesn't matter now that I think of it because everybody's got the same color bones & muscles under the skin. Skip the stupid question there then... lol

Also, I love how the dome on the observatory appears crooked ... very cool. I really have to get you my Cliffracer Tower that has all the bathroom stuff. I also made an underground brewery for Dwemer Ale where the workers' pillows are really containers & they are stashing household silver & pearls & stuff in them. haha Just have to find the CD, upload to my hard drive & email it to you.

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
the 2nd pic? oh the waterfalls...heh I hunted down the waterfalls in Vivec and then it was just mainly making the waterfalls big enough to stretch from the archways to the floor...already ran through them :P but once I found the waterfalls it was a case of just making it look like there is a slit hole in the brick just wide enough for water to spill out

yeah tried my hardest to make them dark skinned but everytime I "painted" over the skin it was darkening the eyes and features so I used a "chrome" effect to brighten and make features stand out...will be doing different variations too...maybe have more than one Secronic race (such as a secronic version of the elves...the one there is a nord head stuck on imperial body parts)

my only problem is that when you start a new game with them, the game automatically adds default hair (just a ponytail at the back)

not to mention the first time I sorted out the height and weight I ended up with a fat giant that got stuck when trying to get to Arrille's tradehouse

woodelves looked like ants compared to him...now he is just slightly taller than your average race and very broad which was how I wanted him...just a shame I am rubbish at "adding" things or I would have made the body look more muscular

also I would love to have a look and use your cliffracer tower mod...gives me something else to do :P

Baraka

Baraka

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 128 posts
I will look up & add the Cedar Ship mod as well, since you mentioned that our site turned out quite far from the coastland....we could use the cedar ship as a travel marker if you wish... :)

ixnos

ixnos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
well we can do that or I can move the island closer to Sedya Neen or to the coast via a tool named TESFAITH (I think that is the one), so is up to you

also I plan to create a faction specially for the Secronics...well anyone can join but there will be one main HQ which needs to be joined before speaking to others and gaining quests and such

so over the week I will be thinking of some quests I can add

Page loaded in: 1.023 seconds