Black Sky Glitch

Jackalantern101

Ok, I'm not sure what happened or when, but my skies are black. I still have clouds, still have sun, but where it's supposed to be blue. It is black. I have tried installing weather mods (Nevada Skies, Western Skies) to counteract this but nothing has worked. I have tried reinstalling also. Any suggestions?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Doubt it, at least not without getting deep into the ENB settings and their use. Take a look at the following extracts from the definition of HDR in Wikipedia.

HDR images can represent a greater range of luminance levels than can be achieved using more 'traditional' methods, such as many real-world scenes containing very bright, direct sunlight to extreme shade, or very faint nebulae. This is often achieved by capturing and then combining several different narrower range exposures of the same subject matter.[1][2][3][4] Non-HDR cameras take photographs with a limited exposure range, resulting in the loss of detail in highlights or shadows.

and

Due to the limitations of printing and display contrast, acquiring an HDR image is only half the story; one must also develop methods of displaying the results. The method of rendering an HDR image to a standard monitor or printing device is called tone mapping. This method reduces the overall contrast of an HDR image to facilitate display on devices or printouts with lower dynamic range, and can be applied to produce images with preserved or exaggerated local contrast for artistic effect.

"Tone mapping" sounds to me like what you are experiencing. It's possible a different preset, or a more experienced ENB user, will help.

ENB says it requires HDR be on. Usually that is only for certain effects related to sunight, so you MIGHT be able to tweak it's settings and do without it, but I'm not sure how that will relate to your "black" sky. See the S.T.E.P. Project ENBseries Guide for specifics about ENB settings.

If you aren't happy with that display method, you might try another graphics post-processor technique. SweetFX supports HDR also, but it also supports Bloom (the primary alternative) and can co-exist with ENB. There are others described in the article How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade).

I provide some very basic tips about SweetFX here, including how to co-exist with ENB and FNV4GB.

-Dubious- [Edited to expand on some points a bit.]

Edited by dubiousintent

• 2 years later...

Please see 'Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. If that is insufficient to resolve the problem, please create a new thread in the "Technical Support" sub-forum with ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

Please note the date of the previous post, and see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads. The primary reason is that the original thread participants are seldom still around, and it is unlikely that you have exactly the same setup. Details matter.

-Dubious-