The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ara sat next to T'skar and Baba-John.

Finding one sword in a nation? It will be impossible.

She sat back as she mused to herself. As she stroked Aena, the owl turned to look at her with its large round eyes. Examining the fighters around her she gestured to the large pompous man in front of them and raised her eyebrows.

"He hasn't gotten to the part where he says he'll pay us. I care little about swords. And old timers turning to stone don't really concern me either. But this,"- She took out a gold piece and flipped it into the air.

"This is worth fighting for."

Seeing Baba-John pull out the map, she put the gold away and studied it.

"Good to have a map. The owl dislikes aerial landscaping."

Character Sheet

Name: Ara Lothea

Nationality: Bashkeri

Class: Tracker/Light Fighter

Special Abilites: Affinty with Snow Owl, words of healing, Turnip sleep

Equipment

Weapons: Concealed Katana worn on back, two throwing knifes on either leg.

Armour: Customized white titanium alloy body armor grooved and padded at jointed areas to allow quicker silent movements, matching white leather shoes and gloves to dampen sound, long white cloak to conceal katana and white robe to conceal armor.

Potions: Two antibody potions to help fight disease and two emergency health potions to partially and temporarily prolong the user's life. All worn on potion belt.

Other: Sleeping roll (includes pillow), soap, shampoo, under arm paste, paste made from local herbs to brush teeth, shaving razor, rations for two days, 100 gold pieces

Need to buy: Matches, Bow

Gnaag looked on the map a bit confused. He wasn't used to read from maps. He relied on his intuition. But there he was in foreign country. He had to know where was where. He looked on his companions and found that only one, he liked was a short older man. He might standed for his father. No, no his father was... It didn't matter then. He had to talk to someone.

"Excuse me, I have heard you are Baba Bethran. I see you have gone through many battles. You seem to me the most weel-oriented among us. Can I ask you a question? I really don't know how to read this map. I have never been doing it before."

Gnaag was nervously looking for Baba's answer, because he felt very embarrased that he showed up his shortage.

T'skar was watching the bar, or more precisely the serving wenches in the bar. Seeing them move among the patrons, flirting. Watching as they returned with drinks, and as money changed hands. Watching as change was made, and then refused. How do they do that? It is almost a type of magic, she thought. Suddenly a light went on. She had lived in the city almost her whole life, had lived on the outer-edge of the city more accurately, among the down-trodden, the petty thieves, the prostituted. She had always wondered at them ripping their dresses so high, cutting their blouses so low, painting their faces. And suddenly, here, wherever 'here' was, she finally made a connection. She had tried to hide her femininity, tried to deny what she was, because of the stigma attached to it from her childhood. But now she saw the magic of it - a woman in a tight top and high cut dress could almost mesmerize men, enchanting them as effectively as any charm spell. She turned to Mandrake and asked, "Could you please put one, no make that two, skirts and two blouses on your list?" Having satisfied herself, she next turned to Baba Baresh and Ara. She said, "I have not been in this city long, but I have lived my whole life in cities, and I have noticed the reaction to your little pets. I, myself, have nothing against animals, but we are attracting a lot of attention, and not all of it positive. I think it would be best if we did not flaunt our differences so openly, even in such a cosmopolitan city as this. If you can not leave your friends in your room, I can hide them for you so that others can not see them. I do not think it wise to do it now, or even in sight of others, but perhaps tomorrow morning before we get ready to leave I could look after that?"

Baba turned to the Nyobian boy. :)

Said your name was Gnaag......................................Interesting.

Well, First off, you need to turn the map around. You’re looking at it upside down.

Baba watched while Gnaag turned the map around, feeling it, as if it was some prized jewel.

He then lent forward, close to the boy and whispered almost in his ear; “Never learnt to read, hey Gnaag. Don’t worry it will be our secret. I’ll help you.”

Then leaning back a little he said; “You see that blue on the right, well that represents the sea, and the little blocks with colored roofs, they represent buildings of importance.

The buildings with the Purple roofs, make up the Government Buildings. Remember when you went to see Bharat Desani, you walked up a street with a round building on one end and a square one at the other end, well that was that street, pointing at The Street.

After leaving the Bharat, we crossed a street and came into this building. You saw as we walked across, that there was a street to our left, and from the setting sun at our right, we had to be going south. That means we’re in the building on the left, next to the street, just below the Government Buildings. So all a map is, is a picture of what the city looks like.” :(

Let’s go to the The Drunken Alligator Tavern. It the next building south, just across the alley. There are less likely to be spies over there. I’ll vouch for you, otherwise you wouldn’t get in. They make a mean weed rat stew. :ph34r: http://forum.gamingsource.net/index.php?showtopic=16928

Without waiting for a reply, Baba stands up and walks out of the side door. Sael and @#%$&$@*#, the wolf silently follows him

"So with this I will be traveling.." Tiax whispers ot himself. "It could have been worse I quess"

Tiax stands up and walks through the bar.. Lookong at the commonners, party members, waitressers and Aerial the Snow Owl.. Hmm nice creature, pretty relyable.. Tiax thinks. If raised with care and love.

"Time to look at that map.. Oh Mandrake would you mind making another copy?" Tiax starts to study the map.. "Even in this bar my mind is clouded.." Tiax thinks "I can hardly find where we are now........ We'll I will study that copy more often. I WILL learn."

Gnaag still knew that he had to learn more to get familiar with the map. But it was better. He found someone who he could rely on. Someone who would not tease him because of his age or height. He was happy in a certain way. He found a missimng dad...

"Thank you Baba Berthran. You helped me very much. I will be pleased to travel with you."

Gnaag followed Baba to the tavern across the alley. They he found quieter atmosphere. It was just for his mood. Nothing could be better.

"I thank you Mandrake... I will be out for the night, the barkeeper has my list of what to buy. Do not worry I will be back in time."

Tiax, slowly but surely, walks out... Even he has no idea to where to.

Archived