The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

Baba thanks the representative from Bharat, and taking only the things he had ordered.

He sneaks off to do his deed, while everyone is still sleeping or out.

In Gnaag room he places the Fine Yew bow + 20 Arrows, insect repellent, black leather walking boots, 2 pears and one of the water flasks.

In Sael’s room he places Insect repellent, 2 pears, 'lemon scented' soap and another of the water flasks.

In Ara’s room, he places her Bow and 30 arrows, 2 pears and the pair of bright pink woolly slippers.

In T’Skar’s room he slips a set of masters lock picks and probes, that he had bought in The Drunken Alligator, along with 2 of the pears under her pillow.

For himself he keeps the 'garlic' soap, 2 pears, 1 water flasks, insect repellent.

He heads for bed. Tomorrows gonna be a long day.................................................

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalmer has remained silent throughout all this conversation, though his mind is ablaze with thought. Tomorrow will be a long day indeed. He is not fond of the city or of its ways, but he will have to learn to deal with it if they are to get to the bottom of this enigma. He retires to his quarters, but not without first "speaking" for some minutes to Kyah, as if reassuring him in some way. Kyah is not accustomed the metropolis either, nor is he bred to be a pack-horse, but he too will have some adapting to do, it seems.

Man and beast alike can only take heart in that soon they are to be out on the open land that they have so long called home, although "home" is so very far away.........

Coming back to the Pearl of Bashkher the night of that first eventful day, T’skar heads back up to her room. She checks her belongings, and has a very nice nights rest in a VERY comfortable bed. Rising early the next morning, which happens occasionally, she heads down to the tavern, to see if any others are stirring and to fill the void in her middle. Entering the room, she doesn’t recognize any of the others in the room, so settles at a table and orders fried ham, two eggs, and bread and butter, with a nice cold glass of milk to wash it all down. After finishing her sumptuous feast, she looks for someone she knows. Still not seeing any of the others, she approaches the barman. She asks where the best clothing market is, and after getting directions, she sets out in the early morning light.

Following the directions that the barman gave her, she heads to the market. Looking at all the styles and colors, she wonders So many choices, I wonder which would be best for my purpose. She spies a wrinkled crone at one stall eying her, almost sizing her up. She walks boldly over to the elderly woman and asks what she is looking at. “An outlander, unless I miss my guess” the crone responds. T’skar can only agree. “You seem a little overwhelmed. Maybe I could be of some assistance” she offers. Gratefully accepting the offer of help, T’skar tells the elderly woman her need, “I have always prided myself on being able, not having to rely on my femininity or others. But last night I noticed that that same femininity can be a tool as well, even a weapon.” The old woman looks at her with a knowing smile, “You are right my dear, it can be used to make men do many things for you, even die if necessary, but it can be a two edged sword as you have pointed out - rely on it too much, and then you are in bondage as much as the man. So what would you have me do?” T’skar looked at the aged female, and said, “I would like some clothing that I could use to exploit that power, using it in a time of need.” The crone eyed the younger woman, and said, “I have just what you need.” Reaching into her wares, she pulled out a black skirt and matching blouse, she also handed T’skar a gold pin in the shape of a palm frond. Digging deeper, she came up with a beautiful white blouse and skirt, both cut in the peasant style, but obviously not in the rough cloth of a serving wench. “These will accent your figure nicely, and won’t clash with your hair and eyes.” T’skar said to the old woman “I thank you very much. These are to be charged to Bharat Desani.” Upon hearing the name, the old woman sucks in her breath sharply “If you had told me it was for him, I could have done much better, much more expensive.” T’skar looks at the old lady and says, “No, I think this will serve my purpose nicely.” With that she makes her way back to the Pearl of Bashkher.

By the time she returns it is evening. Entering the tavern, she looks to see if she can spy any of her companions. None here again, she thinks, Well, I hope they had as productive a day as I did. Sitting to order another meal, she dines alone again before going up the stairs. Heading to her room, she sees Baba’s door just closing. I wonder what he’s up to now? she asks herself. Years of living on the streets have honed her senses, so upon entering her room she notices something is different. She looks around from the door, and then spies it, the pillow has been moved. Carefully moving it to the side, she sees what has been placed under it. Two pears? Nice picks and probes though. she admires, I wonder what his game is? Going back to the door, she looks at Baba’s door, which is still closed. Closing her own, she hides the picks and probes in her pack, and gets ready for bed. It will be interesting to see what the morrow brings, she thinks as she drifts off to sleep.

Ara awoke the next morning feeling fairly refreshed. Sitting up and stretching she looked down at the blankets on the floor. Then she turned to her untouched bed. It was too soft and comfortable. She could not sleep in it. At home in Evale, she had nothing but a straw cot to lay on. The closest thing that resembled this texture was the carpeted floor. So she had made do. Aena was in the open window frame, her beak bloodied from her breakfast. Ara was glad this event had occurred while she was still asleep. To many times had she awoken to find the dangling remains of a rodent from the owl's beak. Staring at the owl, Ara remembered her dream. Aena had spoken to her. But the voice was memorable. It was her mother's voice. Ara had never heard her mother speak but somehow she knew it to be hers. What did the voice say?

You're destiny awaits in Golconar.

Remembering this, Ara got to her feet. Aena stared back in silence. She shook her head. Aena never spoke. She only listened. In deep thought Ara tripped over something. She looked down and noticed two bright pink slippers.

Men.

She shook her head and grinned.

Maybe I'll wear them in battle just to prove my worth.

Turning away from the slippers she saw finely crafted bow and a satchel of arrows. She picked it up and examined it. It was beautiful. Whoever had crafted it spent a good deal of effort. It's mahogony sheen glistened and when Ara pulled back the taut string, it snapped with a satisfying twang. Examining the iron arrows she mentally made a note to thank whoever had brought them. She had forgot to request arrows along with the bow. As she examined the bow, Aena rustled her feathers and flew to her shoulder. Wincing as the owl's talons dug into her skin, Ara looked around for the washing basin. Finding it in what she thought was a closet, she went to the nearby sink and using the nearby bucket, filled it with steaming hot water. Then she removed soap and shampoo from the satchel laying by the ground near her armor. Enjoying the hot water, Ara cleaned herself of the impurities and readied herself for a new day. Feeling guilty that her father probably couldn't afford any hot water at all, she quickly finished bathing. Getting dressed and hiding her weapons as neatly as possible, she made her way down to the bar.

OOC> A map of Bashkher is on the way shortly. As you haven't got it yet (my fault) I will give some information. If you wish to go to Golconar there are two ways to get there both via Dohoti. Overland camel train to Dohoti or sea voyage to Dohoti and then sea voyage to Golconar. As there are two swords in Dohoti it is probably worth visiting them en route but that is up to you. However there are other direct routes from Papred. You can travel by sea to Memtuz or along the river to Zooz (it is quite a long way). Ippikander is a long way off and would not be the most obvious starting point. These are the cities mentioned in connection with the swords to date.

What a glorious rest T'skar sighs as she opens her eyes on to a bright new day. Loath to leave the comfort of her bed, she finally makes her way to a stand with a basin, ewer, and mirror on it. Looking at herself in the mirror, she pours some of the hot water into the basin and starts to scrub herself with a damp cloth. Nothing like the sand scrubs at home, she thinks, And yet, maybe as effective.

When she finishes washing, she looks at the clothes she aquired the day before. Picking up the white blouse, she holds it close to her skin a relishes the soft feel of the material. Then she folds it up and sticks it in her pack, Today may be the start of travel, not the best time to wear new clothes, she thinks. Putting on her old tan pants, blouse, and boots, she heads down to the tavern, looking for the rest.

When they show up, she says, "It seems pertinent at this time to discuss what we are going to do next. We have information from the archives, and maybe it would be good to follow that up, but first we need to talk about something more pressing. We need a captain, someone who can direct us, and who's lead we can follow. I think we have already followed one, and have trusted his judgement - I am talking about Baba Bethram. He has submitted our papers, I believe, and has looked after our other needs as well." Inclining her head in a bow of acknowledgement, she continues, "I would be willing to follow him, for the time being at least, and see what develops." Ending her speach, she sits back and waits for the others to respond.

Tiax was sitting on the floor of his room, his bed untouched, he opens his eyes with a faint blue glow in it. On the sign that hangs on his door, "Do not disturb.", the text fades away as if it has hung there for decades.

He stands up packs his rations, new alchemy equipment, herbs, scroll case, puts on his mantle and potionbelt.

He closes his eyes and walks towards the door.

"What a fine day... Time to check who is choosen as the leader."

While listening to the upcoming noise of the city, "I seem to have gotten more used to it.", he walks down. He walks straight up to the barman and asks for some boiling water to make his own thee. (used up one leaf of rancer 22 left) He opens his eyes and looks at the group.

"And what will hapen today?" He asks to Baba. "I think we will have to split to make this search more quicker."

OOC ==> Sorry for not posting so long but my comp still hates this site so I need to be at school or very lucky.. I mean last saturday entire night this site is acasable (srry for the word) and when finally a post arrives.. cant dispay the page..

Mandrake wakes up and walkes to the window. he opens it and looks outside.

""what a beutyfull day to start a journey.""he thinks to himself.

before he goes down for some breakfest he washes himself with the ice cold water, in the bassin, in the closet.

Then Mandrake packs his belongings, he can't fit his guitar in his sack,wich he made out of his leather cloak. so he decides that the horse wil carry it.

Mandrake walks into the bar and sits down next to Baba and tiax, and he orders some bread and a piece of cheese. "any luck on finding the correct route" he asks. "I think we can best go to Dohoti and then after a couple of days move on to Golconar. But Your the wisemen its up to you to decide." he eats his bread and cheese and then starts to read his book titled guitar playing, and how to do it..

Baba has a restless night....................................................... >:(

When morning comes he dreads getting out of bed.

Once more he is being asked to lead a group, who chose him as their leader, for no other reason than, it’s convenient.

What did they know of Baba..................

The hardships he had faced.....................

The torment that he called his past...........

The loved ones that he had lost................

All because of his foolish pride.................

He had led them to their death just because.................

A fool’s errand................

Who was he to think they could face the T'mor'dendians, and walk away unscathed....................

All had withered away slowly until eventually they had just.......................

And Baba had returned........................Victorious. (huh huh hu hu hu hu hu hu hu)

He had lost everything that he held dear, and the damn bureaucrats considered this, A Great Victory.

It was starting all over again, most of them just out of swaddling blankets and here they were.............

Not even two days together and the tensions are mounting.

How do they think they’re going to handle 6 or 8 weeks of traveling......................

He never should have come, but the world needed him..................Again.

Archived