The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

"Say driver... Is a defensive weapon or walking aid such as a staff allowed?"

OOC => Think the question is more for Malchik but he is the NPC so...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The driver looks at it. "I wouldn't risk it. They are a jumpy lot in Dohoti, inclined to shoot first. They don't like visitors much and wouldn't need much of an excuse to lock you in jail. Chances are if they did that they would forget about you for a few years too."

The trip through the desert had reminded her of home. Home, she thought, whatever that will be. Memories flooded her - as a child learning to pick pockets, then locks; her mother, the smell of her, the look of her, her staring eyes ... No, too painful. Wandering the streets of first one city, then another. And then that day she first met her father. Thinking on the days in his house she looks at the discomfort of the others, though well hidden in many, and says to noone in particular, “Lower life forms allow body to dictate to mind. A Mind in control of the body it inhabits dictates even responses to environment and situation. This is the first lesson of a Mind proselyte. I would be willing to teach any who would like this mastery over their body, but do not think it an easy thing, it took me more than three years to move to the next stage.” From that point forward in their trek, she started and finished the day with a time of inward meditation, teaching any who were interested the beginning of controlling the body. Clear your mind of all thought, she could hear his voice in her mind, focus completely on what I am saying, my voice, there is nothing else. The pinprick had been a jarring shock, Focus! he had demanded, a submitted body, a body under control, feels nothing the Mind does not allow it! And thus the lessons had continued, until she could smell the burning flesh and wonder who’s it was, and only upon opening her eyes and seeing the hot iron pressed to her arm truly understand the power of the Mind. To enter another, to ever hope to control another or read their mind, you must first learn to control yourself.

Looking at the thick black walls T’skar thinks Fight a war against sand? But it is such a friend; it hides what needs to be hid, preserves what needs to be preserved, and reveals when most appropriate, or least depending on your point of view. It was only the foolish that tried to stop the sand, tried to hold it back; only a fool thought that their works would withstand the sand.

She turns to the camel driver to hear his answers to the various questions. She asks one of her own, "Is there a lodging place you could recomend? There seems to be quite a choice."

The Camel driver scratches his head again. "There's nothing very special. If you want class you go to Golconar. I doubt if there is anything to pick between them. I stay with some friends. The ones at the Water Gate end are more expensive but I doubt if they are any better. The ones in the Honeycomb are cheapest but..."

(These are thoughts.)

Looking at Baba, the group must have thought he had forgotten his weapons in Papred.

His pack was slung over his shoulder at the end of a stick.

Where had he hidden his bow and staff ..................................... :happy:

What no one realized was that Baba had traveled extensively and long ago realized that people feel threatened when you flaunt a weapon and as a result are not always forthcoming with information.

As Ram’s War bow was a recurve bow, made out of three individual pieces anyway, it hadn’t taken much to modify it so that it could be taken apart and put back together using two large winged screws. Maybe he could do the same for Ara and Gnaag’s bows. He’d have to have a look what he could find in Dohoti.

His staff was reputed to have come from another dimension. Earth the man had called it. Baba was sure that he had been delusional.

It was made from a piece of extremely hard wood, Ebony he had called it.

What he had done as he died had bothered Baba for years, before he had been able to reverse the effect.

The only way Baba would be able to explain it was that one wished the staff large and it was a six foot staff. When you wished it small it was a two inch tooth pick, which was now stuck in his belt.

The sword was wrapped in a silk cloth and slipped into his pants on the left side. He would have to speak with Mandrake about making it invisible. That was a good trick the young Mage could do. He would have to talk to him soon. Since he had done it to @#%$&$@*#, he hadn’t directly seen the wolf, except for the occasional nudge against his leg, he would not have known that the wolf was even there.

He had to convince the group that they should stay in the Honeycombs, rather than staying at the Water Gate, just the likelihood of picking up information was greater amongst the locals in their own environment. Maybe the Mages should go up to Water Gate and from there take the one museum whilst the other group stayed put and checked out the other museum the camel driver had spoken of. Maybe we could even steal the two swords....................... :ph34r:

He turned to Ara and told her that they should book into a tavern and then she, Gnaag and he, should go out into the desert for a walk with their bows.

Then he turned to Mandrake and asked about making the sword invisible..................................ASAP :unsure:

They found themselves finally in Dohoti. The town was small, but the rest was needed. Gnaag wasn't used to such a tiresome route. So long time on the back of camel. Never again. But something another was going through young boy's head. The words Baba told him. He had no real aim after all that happened. He was just wandering. What was he about to become?

No! He would never become a mage. He was disgusted of every man of that kind. And... ...the one another mage was about to come. It wasn't about the kindness, but the trust. He would never trust a man who could turn whole world into a pile of ashes in a moment...

Maybe a hunter, he was grown up in nature. That proffesion would fit him well. But the one who would become his master was haughty Kalmer. Some strange demands he pronounced during the way. Gnaag felt deeply offended. Also fighters seemed to him always as very rough people. Ara wasn't that on the first sight, but Gnaag was very carefull. He was too young to be his own master. He had to chose someone.

Then he stepped to Baba with these words on his lips.

"I would be glad to become your apprentice, but I fear you have to much work as the group master. Maybe you hoped me to become Sael's apprentice, but I can't. Please don't ask me for the reason. I really cannot. So I chose T'Skar. She seems to me as the one right decision. I hope I am not wrong..."

Gnaag.........................................

The choice is yours, if you wish to be my apprentice, I would welcome you, time for you I would make.

If you choose T‘Skar, I’m sure she would take you, gladly.

You must decide................................................When you are ready. ;)

"I am sorry Baba, but you are groupmaster, and that is very important position. I can't lay some other duty on your shoulders. The group needs you very much. I hope you will help me still as you didi before, but now I have to choose my life. And my life is not about to hide behind the cover of the strongest one. I'd like to become someone. And I can't reach it as the boss's apprentice.

I am sorry, that I cannot do it, but it is so.If you are so kind to ask T'Skar to take myself as apprentice, I will be glad."

Gnaag was impressed of his own speech. He had never said so many words before. Baba had really good influence on him. But he was awaiting T'skar's answer.

Mandrake looks troubled to baba as he makes his request.

"I could try... but I must warn you I didn't do it in quit some time."

Mandrake toke a momant to prepair and then walked over to baba's side.

he searched for the energy stored with in him...

he broke the barrier concealing it....

a white light flooded his mind ....

he spoak the words like a wispher...

"Gëuloth du sverder"

the sword becomes dull almost like a shadow only visible when you concentrate on its form.

"this is the best i can do, I'm sorry but my skill in magic are limeted."

Archived