ESO infinite load screen on startup

Kurzusseus

I got Elderscrolls online a month ago and was told the game-time cards weren't coming yet till another month. Naturally $79.99 used only to wait a month.

I figured I could wait, no problem really, and now I finally got the game-time card, and after literally a day trying to figure out why the "Launcher" wouldn't do what is supposed to do!

I fixed it failing to launch and I can get in game and see the first cutscene. After the cutscene it goes to an INFINITE loading screen, music plays, epic

all that, but nothing ever comes. I can wait literally 20 to 60 minutes in game to no avail. When is this game GOING to actually be done? It seems like there is problem after

problem after problem...problem....problem, problem problem! Does it ever end? I'm upset right now because I spent an entire day (not kidding) 11:00am Bought the game-time card, 1:00am quit till tomorrow.

Today, no better. I've uninstalled adobe, turned off anti-virus, shut down firewall- shut down all other programs in background, everything!!!

What is going on? I don't know where else to post that is reliable I'm hoping to get some feedback here.

These are my specs in case anyone doubts my card can run it.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1,Build 70601

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario

BIOS: Pheonix - AwardBIOS v6.00pg

Processor: AMD Sempron 140 Processor, ~2.7GHz

Memory 4096MB RAM

Page File: 3000MB used, 5180MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Name: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Manufactuer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x68BA)

DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Approx. Total Memory: 2805 MB

Current Displaye Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

DirectX Features:

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled

Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled

AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Edited by Kurzusseus

This is really something you should report on the ESO official forums or to their technical support.

The official forums are here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/

Today I saw several others having this issue but did not read the threads. Good luck!!

Yeah I hate how the game is so buggy this past month of so. But I tried making an account there and I can't, it says I need an Invitation code?

what's that? Do I get one in the email after purchasing the game, or must I go somewhere else?

Edited by Kurzusseus

I dont know why you would need anything to go on the forums...I suggest you contact customer support. Your forum stuff I thought was the same as your game login but its been a long time since I set mine up.

I'm having multiple problems too on a powerful game rig - have to play in XP compatibility which sounds plain stupid for a 2014 game!..

I never had infinite load screen but multiple lags, crashes, bugs, some very loooong load screens and at least once in every playing session, I get shoved out of game with a message stating my computer is not authorized to log on.

It took 4 messages to the official support in 2 weeks to finally get some sort of answer that stopped blaming my settings or computer. Finally my problems seem to be taken into consideration but no solution found yet. Be patient, they'll come back to you eventually.

The launcher seems to be a lot more buggy than the game itself and their servers are pretty weak.

As for the official forum, I got the same message "no invitation found" since I installed the game - I never bothered to mention this in my questions to the support because it was the least of my problems. But a couple of days ago, I received an email saying my forum ID had been activated with an "invitation" code. Now I can finally log in. So I guess before you can log in the forum, you need to wait for Zenimax support line to "invite" you in. In my case, it came some 3 weeks after I created my account and installed the game, they're just VERY slow, I guess, and defying all the rules of proper customer service. I didn't think one could do worse than Steam but Zenimax did pull that stunt for me :(. And yeah, in the end, your forum ID is the same one as your game login. Why the mysterious "invitation" wall for just a forum is beyond me.

The game better be pretty good to make up for all this now...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem to, just bought the game yesterday, finished the dl today and i cant play this game cos of this issues, oh and i can't post anything on the Eso forum cos i need a f..n invitation code? what a hell is that supose to mean? I can't even report this bug.