Should my laptop be able to run Skyrim fine?

GymothyCharles

Hey guys! I was wondering, how should my laptop run Skyrim? Currently, I use HIALGOBOOST, Skyboost, TESVAL, Colourful Lights no shadows, and have shadows turned off and i get 10 fps, 15-20 if im lucky. My specs are:

Processor - AMD E-450 APU 1.65GHz 2 core x64

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 6320

RAM - 6.00 GB - 5.60 usable

Manufactured By Lenovo (not sure this matters)

with Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

If this isnt good, can you suggest some performance increasing mods? Thanks!

it's the processor, woefully weak..

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-adjust-visual-settings-windows-7-best-performance.htm

once you get to the screen that is showed in the link provided, tick the "adjust for best performance", you'll need every once of power available and disabling many of the w7 features that aren't important will free up some of that space.

Also,get the texture optimizer, it's on the nexus downloads, that'll reduce the strain slightly on your laptop. Also get the skyrim comfigurator and play about with the settings in it, tick every box that says "threaded".

for low end computers, avoid the majority of ENB's out there, Bloom is not overly forgiving relatively weak computers.

Also, delete any unwanted or unused programs, free up some space on your computer, delete your temporary files with a program like CCleaner, also clean your Registry too,rather important as it can effect system performance.

I know the feeling,i have a laptop, but it is an i5 processr, but intel hd chipset, so i have to find ways to squeeze as much juice out of the laptop as i canto get a few fps points.

you'll want this mod, skyrim project optimization: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32505/? greatly helps in interior cells.

get rid of Skyboost, it is irrelevant now and will more than likely break your game.

there is also a mod called "grass on steroids" it gave me one or two extra fps when adventuring, worth a look.

i'm not overly sure tbh, but you only need hialgo boost other wise you'll be running too many processes and with that processer of yours, the less, the better.

Razor gamebooster is actually a nifty bit of software, people with higher end machines tend not to get any sort of gain. it is most noticeable on lower end computers who need the boost. It basically turns off any processes that are irrelevant or using processor power that you'll need... nothing you can do yourself via cntrl + alt + del, but it's quicker and it also has nice tweak tab where you can alter some registry values for the extra bit of optimization.