Re-modding and cleaning out useless mods

thariir

Hi.

I am about to get back into modding and get that first playthrough done * yes i know i know*

I have a few questions though to make sure that all the work goes as smooth as possible. More questions will be added im sure.

1: Installing NMM.

I got a few upgrades for my computer, and now my Win 8 is on a 500 gb SSD. Do I install NMM on this drive as I have done with Skyrim, or can this be placed on a normal drive and still have Skyrim benefit from the SSD speed?

2: None useful mods

I dont see myself as a modder, only a mod user. Last time I was modding Skyrim was my first time using both mods and NMM, so today when re-modding the game I was hoping for a bit of insight as to what mods I can skip or that perhaps that is imbedded in another modpackage all together. I want to save as much space as I can, so if you see anything that is entierly wrong or such, please let me know.

With something wrong i am talking about duplicate mod functions, broken or useless, gamebreaking or such and so on.

Thank you and have a nice day.

With Regards

Thariir

EDIT: The picture was first in bad quality, and for some reason linking it went fubar, and also, i saw that the pics where not of my latest mods i used, so that´s a bit of a problem.

Adding a list of them anyways because the list is somewhat accurate. The spoiler is the list btw so there are no gamespoilers in there.

A quality world map

Better dynamic snow

Better swimming

Better fitting glass helmet

BGM Elven and glass AaW

Birds of Skyrim

Black Elven armor

Casual bow animation

Categorized favorite menu

Categorized favorite menu right left button fix

CLARALUX

Duel

Dynamic Merchants

Einherjar armor

Elven armor retextured

Enchanced blood texture

Enhanced distant terrain

Fur hoods HD

HD Textures DLC fix

HighResTexturePack DLC Tweaks

HighResTexturePack DLC Tweaks DLC Tweaks

Immersive armors

Immersive armors UNP Support

Lanterns of Skyrim around cities

Lanterns of Skyrim bridges

Lush grass

Lush trees vurts compability patch

Lush trees

Milennia weapons retexture project

Mjoll facelift

My home is your home

No npc greetings

NPC´s use ammo

Oblivious horses

Realistic ragdolls and force

Robed steel plate armor

Skyrim configurator

Skyrim Sunglare

Skyrim HD Full Dungeons

Skyrim HD Full Landscape

Skyrim HD Full Misc

Skyrim HD Full Towns

SkyUI

Static Mesh improvement mod

W.A.T.E.R Water and terrain enhancement redux

Winter is coming cloaks

Winter is coming cloaks WIC cloaks

Winter is coming cloaks WIC cloacs texture large

Vurts Skyrim Flora Overhaul

XCE Xenius Character Enhancements

Edited by thariir

1. AFAIK, NMM can be placed wherever you want. As long as you point it to the mod folder (which can ALSO be wherever you want, default is inside the NMM folder IIRC) it should work fine.

2. As far as mods go, Load Order is VITAL. Also knowing when to let one mod overwrite another. If it's overwriting textures, ti's all good. You can easily fix that and texture REPLACER mods are generally the simplest and easiest to use.

Hmm....

Lush trees

Shouldn't the patch come AFTER the Lush trees mod?

1. AFAIK, NMM can be placed wherever you want. As long as you point it to the mod folder (which can ALSO be wherever you want, default is inside the NMM folder IIRC) it should work fine.

2. As far as mods go, Load Order is VITAL. Also knowing when to let one mod overwrite another. If it's overwriting textures, ti's all good. You can easily fix that and texture REPLACER mods are generally the simplest and easiest to use.

Hmm....

Lush trees

1: Ok, so all will be good with NMM on my 1 TB drive and thus i will not fill up valuble space on the SSD. SSD will have Skyrim installed on it of course.

2: Yes and i have become better on that, and the list i added was not one i actually played with in that order. The loadorder i had was working flawless, at least for the 28 levels i played before i stopped. I watched Gopher´s videos and tips on loadorder as well to get a better understanding on it, but i dont know it all by far.

Ah, one thiong i missed there i see. I will also for my playthrough be using Climates of Tamriel. It feels like a must have for me so that is carved in stone!

Do I install NMM on this drive as I have done with Skyrim,

You only install NMM once and it works with all of the games it supports. You already have NMM for Skyrim, you don't need to install it again for another game. Just tell the NMM where the game is and it will work.

Do I install NMM on this drive as I have done with Skyrim,

You only install NMM once and it works with all of the games it supports. You already have NMM for Skyrim, you don't need to install it again for another game. Just tell the NMM where the game is and it will work.

Roger that!

This is a fresh install though with new OS and all =)

Hmm....

Lush trees

LOAD ORDER is not important at all if you know how to mod, learn how to mod again using TES5edit and make a compatibility patch for all your mods and you no longer have to be concerned with load order.

Hmm....

Lush trees

LOAD ORDER is not important at all if you know how to mod, learn how to mod again using TES5edit and make a compatibility patch for all your mods and you no longer have to be concerned with load order.

I´m watching Gopher´s video on LOOT and it seems very interesting. BOSS was not really my thing, but i think LOOT may be.