Forlorn Contingencies

spyro1201

"Uh..." Quinn looked at the spidery thing, "I...don't know. I just woke up from bumping my head and...he startled me. I..." she glanced around, "I have no idea where I am. I must have gotten lost during that hunt with uncle..."

She paused, "Nothing looks familiar to me. Do you...do you know the way to the nearest village?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Last I recall, I had rented a room in an inn near Kvatch, on the road towards Anvil. I went to bed and then just woke up in the middle of this forest. However, I don't think we're in Cyrodiil anymore. I don't see Masser or Secunda in the sky. If that's so, we're totaly lost" - replied Shadow, thinking the elf woman was from his own world.

He then turned to the creature, reminded again of it's ungodly odour.

"Are you...from around here?"

Ur awoke facedown in a puddle, just as he had passed out. Some drunken night in some god-forsaken pirate town on one of the Barachan Isles. However, as he drug his head up out of it's soggy resting place he realized he was in fact not in the middle of the road outside a tavern, but in the middle of a forest. Not only that, but these trees were nothing like anything that grew on the Barachan Isles. Instead they were far more akin to the great primeval trees of his home in the Pictish Wilderness.

He sat up slowly, nursing his throbbing, hungover mind as he struggled to determine just how it was he came to this place. After several moments however he gave up on this foolish endeavor, as he recalled wistfully just how much trouble he had gotten into before when he had blown a few hundred coin on a night of debauchery, and just how difficult it was to discover what the night had entailed. Instead he stood up groggily to his feet, swaying slightly before checking his person to see what he had left. All his gold trinkets were with him, but his pouch of gold was missing. This realization took several seconds to register, after which Ur began howling like a rabid animal that had just lost its quarry.

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR STEALING FROM ME! NO ONE STEALS FROM UR!" He screamed to the sky due to lack of an actual target. Luckily they had left him his steel knife, so that he might just make good on that promise.

With little else to do, Ur chose a direction and started walking. If this was the Pictish Wilderness hopefully he would come upon something familiar, and if not at least something sentient.

Scuttles stared blankly at the not-predator as it spoke to him, not comprehending a thing that was said. He cocked his head sideways in a puppy-like manner. He stayed that way for several seconds until a distant roar caught his attention. With his advanced hearing he was the first to notice it and he leaped twenty feet upwards, using his back-spines to pull himself up into the tree to look. He couldn't see anything yet, but he was concerned. If it was danger he would protect the bright-scuttler again, but hopefully it would pass.

Quinn stared open-mouthed at the lizard-man, her eyes wide, "Uh...I have no idea what you're talking about. I think it's safe to say...I'm not?"

She then jumped a little as the spidery thing leaped up a tree again. The elf thought she heard a faint yell, but she couldn't be sure...

"Hey, you hear that?"