Eye color always black?

zenrau

so i've had the game for a month now and haven't really thought about it but all of the preset eye colors are black. i just downloaded some eye color mods and they're still black. any ideas on what could be wrong and/or how to fix it? thanks.

Most eye problems are related to having too many 'beauty' type mods installed. Each one wants to control how the eyes look and you get something strange. black eyes, no eyes, googly eyes, strange color etc. Look for mods such as 'beautiful people' and any custom race mod. disable all of them and see if you get the vanilla eyes back. Then reinstall the mods one at a time until you find the one that is causing the problem.

Beautiful People was one of the early mods that changed eyes, and many of the later mods used a different technique causing a conflict resulting in strange eyes. Some race mods change the eyes while others do not.

the eyes were black even before i ever installed any mods, when i first bought the game, is that normal? i always wondered why they even had a slider for the eye color when they never change color. i only downloaded two mods for the first time tonight. one was a female face and the other was an eye color mod after i noticed the eyes weren't blue like in the face mod picture.

Well if the OP is talking about Oblivion instead of Dragon Age then this thread is in the wrong forum, if he is talking about Dragon Age then most advice referencing oblivion wont help him.

In the Vanilla Dragon Age game all eyes have different colors and arent black, so there must be some issue with your main game installation.

Sorry about that - I thought I was replying to an Oblivion post.- When I go on the site I use the 'New posts since last visit' function. It shows a list with Topic name, And the forum it is in. But NOT the game. The forum 'Technical Support' for Oblivion and for Dragon Age are the exact same name.

oh no problem for me either bben46, i very much appreciate your help and Alexspeed's.

i think maybe my graphics setting is the problem. it was on low however when i changed it to medium and checked the game there was no difference, so i closed the game and went to reset the graphics setting and it had already been reset back to low. i've tried this a few times, changing it to medium and even high but it seems it always gets set back to low. and i did save the settings in the config. i'm thinking maybe my graphics card can't handle the medium setting and that's why it keeps going back to low? my computer and graphics card is a few years old, it's a Radeon x850. i don't really know anything about graphics cards and such but was told at the time (3-4 years ago) it was a good one for games. i'm sure it's obsolete now. you guys think the card is the problem? and, maybe a little off topic, but could you guys, or anyone, recommend a really good (yet not ridiculously expensive) graphics card to run this game? thanks again guys.