Data Error when installing.

Kamoba

So I got this little gift from the GF early, to test it out and make sure it works....

This little present was given to me 15 hours ago, and despite some rather vallient attempts, everytime i try to install all i get is...

"Installation Failed!

A Data Error Occured."

I've been on the EA technical website, and aparently they have pinpointed the problem as being a DLL transfer problem or something, so 5 and a half hours ago, I followed their simple steps to copy the files from disk to computer, then attempted the install again....

All I have succeeded in doing is loosing alot of ****ing sleep and sped up the time it takes for the install wizard to tell me its gone wrong.

Any suggestions or am i infact holding a corrupt disc which i should just take back?

Or are you holding a corrupt DVD player? Have you the oppertunity to try it out on another computer? I build computers, and this has happend many times during Windows install, due to corrupt CD/DVD players.

Thanks for the replys, not sure if its a corrupt cd/dvd player as i've had no problems installing any other games, but that might be by chance....

When I first got the game i tried to copy everything onto the hard drive and install from there, and it made the installation crash at the beggining, so i exchanged the CD for anouther copy, and again had problems, however when i copied everything to the hard drive, i was able to install more, and pin pointed where the install goes wrong...

it installs everything upto...

"Extracting Campaign_vo_english.rar (64.0%....."

is it possible that this specific file is causing problems?

If so would anyone be willing to copy this file for me?

Thanks again. :)

This is where it should be installed:

C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\modules\single player\audio\vo\en-us

Could you try to search the "campaign_vo_english", unpack it to your desktop?

Then open it and move the folders "facialanimation" and "vo" to the "en-us" folder

mentioned in the above path.

This of cause requires that you even get this long as to get these folders created.

I have the file searched, but don't have any programs which can actually un-pack it...

any suggestions as to one i can use?...

Sorry i'm a pain in the rear end and i honestly do appreciate all of this help.

! C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\New Folder\campaign_vo_english.rar: CRC failed in modules\single player\audio\vo\en-us\vo\lite_ost_entry.fsb. The file is corrupt

! C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\New Folder\campaign_vo_english.rar: The file "???" header is corrupt

thats what WinRAR showed me....

i managed to creat the folders as you said using winrar and the folders "vo" and "facial anims" are already in the "EN-US" folder