Character moves VERY slowly

Hi, all,

By the 10th page of this forum, I didn´t find anything like my problem.

This happens at ramdom (I´m new to Oblivion) and with and without mods. Goty version with official patch and with/without unofficial patches.

The thing is that my character will move very slowly, pretty much the movement animation appears in slow motion. Now, if I jump, the speed is normal. Then the problem goes away on its own. I tried the no-collision command, but it didn´t fix it. I also reinstalled it, nothing.

Any help, please?

how many saves have you made....this could be the A-bomb bug which slows animations after a couple of hundred hours playtime or a large amount of saves.

fixeable with wrye bash.

when you sy you reinstalled it, did you keep the previous game saves?

WOW! That was quick!

I ran into this problem when I first ran the game after installation. That first time, it went away on its own. Then it came back a couple of times, but didn´t persist (it went away when I exited - restarted the game). Then, it came back at around the 107th save (I only have about 10 saves because I save a lot, so I overwrite them). This time I could not make it work. That´s when I reinstalled the game and tried with a brand new character. The only thing I didn´t try was an old savegame with this fresh installation.

hmm.. not a good idea to overwites saves, that is a good cause of corruption. I would also disable save on wait, save on sleep, save on travel and only use saves you make yourself. also in the ini, set ..

bSaveOnInteriorExteriorSwitch=0

the reason i mentioned previous game saves is that they depend on the content current at the time of save, and a new instalation often does not contain all the right info needed for those saves.

A Google search on both doesn't bring up much in the way of reported problems. You say the keyboard is old so I'm going to suggest a test to see whether or not there is a problem with your WASD keys themselves (of all the keys on a keyboard those do take a beating from us gamers).

Using the game Controls menu (accessed from the main menu ... Options -> Controls -> Controls) change your forward, back, slide left and slide right keys to UJHK instead of WSAD (yes it will feel uncomfortable, but those won't interfere with the other game keys making the switch back painless). Using those keys see if you can reproduce your problem. If the problem goes away see if you can borrow a keyboard to use for a test. Even if the problem remains with the keys remapped you could still try a different keyboard, but I think the problem would be with something other than hardware.

Another question ... do you see anything similar in other games that use WASD for movement?